Marty.....

CMONPETEYD

We are supposed to win when we score 3 goals.... we dont have the firepower to go goal for goal.

That last goal Marty has to have. I dont care who didn't clear the puck or who skated across the net mouth..... Brodeur miss played the angle.. he may have been too far out if there is such a thing.

How long has it been since Marty shut someone out?

Yes our defense isn't what it once was... it is patch work... but the BEST goalie in the game has to be the BEST player on the ice minimum once or twice in a series.

Marty needs to steal 2 of the next 3......

It's time to put up or shut up...

LETS GO DEVS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

series is over but i will be going down with the ship.

series is not over.... we did it in 2000 vs the flyers...... down 3 -1 going back to philly none the less...

its really in there favor but we have done it before we can do it again.

Marty needs to be the man

series is over but i will be going down with the ship.

I'm going down with the ship as well.

I must say, Marty has been the epitome of mediocrity this series. I can't wait to hear the bashing that is awaiting him once we lose the series. I just can't see this team pulling the next three and thats just me being realistic.

Edited by Biggie B

I must say, Marty has been the epitome of mediocrity this series. I can't wait to hear the bashing that is awaiting him once we lose the series.

it's not his fault to be totally honest. three of the goals he could not have stopped.

I must say, Marty has been the epitome of mediocrity this series. I can't wait to hear the bashing that is awaiting him once we lose the series.

You can't really say that with all the huge stops he made today

He's tough to figure out. That winning goal today had to be stopped. No excuse.

I don't know what to think about him

Edited by '7'

Marty always makes huge saves but Marty also has a habit of letting in easy goals. My dad has been telling me this for years and I have been denying it for years. Can't deny it for much longer...

Stevens devils dont routinely give up 30 shots on goal....

Brodeur could play 75 games for Stevens Devils

Hell.. Brodeur had a .922 Sv Pct this yr and faced an avg of like 28 shots.

way too much puckage since Stevens Retired, Nieds left, Rafalski left.

Really need to rebuild this defense around Martin and Oduya.

man - i don't know how you can blame any of those on marty including #4. a screened point shot with really good placement. it happens. he made some ridiculous saves that should've gone in.

odd man rushes were no chance type things. if anything, you could say he should've anticipated gomez' 1st goal a bit but even that's a stretch.

where was the queen tonight? he was awful.

Sure he makes lots of awesome saves and you think same ol' brodeur. But then he gives up the game winner in a clutch moment. Now I wouldn't place blame squarely on him and you have to decide for yourself if you classify that staal goal as weak or not to me it's weak and giving up a weak goal with 3 minutes left? This is the playoffs.

I love it how everybody's on Brodeurs case, where is our defense??!! Where? The Rangers had 40 Shots tonight people! Meanwhile the Devils have scored 7 times in the past two games on the Queen. Our offense is working, it's the `D that sucks. Marty had to kill 14 minutes of penalty kill time tonight, and it's his fault?!?! :blink:

Edited by Beezer34

Marty faced 38 shots tonight and was pretty much left for dead on all the goals. Outside of the 4th goal really um... what more do you people want from the guy. Our defense blows and our transition game is a disgrace. If we knew how to get the puck out of the zone like a half way decent team we could have cut their shot total in half and goals by as much. Do that we win.

I love it how everybody's on Brodeurs case, where is our defense??!! Where? The Rangers had 40 Shots tonight people! Meanwhile the Devils have scored 7 times in the past two games on the Queen. Our offense is working, it's the `D that sucks. Marty had to kill 14 minutes of penalty kill time tonight, and it's his fault?!?! :blink:

but you know what, sometimes you just have to throw up a force field. Nothing gets through...don't ask how, the great goaltenders have done it. Roy, Hasek...even lesser goalies like Richter have done it to us.

It's not all the fault of the defense. I would say about 4 of our 12 forwards actually back checked.

Sure he makes lots of awesome saves and you think same ol' brodeur. But then he gives up the game winner in a clutch moment. Now I wouldn't place blame squarely on him and you have to decide for yourself if you classify that staal goal as weak or not to me it's weak and giving up a weak goal with 3 minutes left? This is the playoffs.

I can name 1 bad goal per game...

Callahan Game 1

Jagr Game 2

1st goal last game

Staal Game 4

eliminate 2 of the goals and who knows maybe we have a 3-1 lead, at worst 2-2.

Now.... here is my point... we dont give him enough goal support which emphasizes Marty.... Our Forwards did a terrible job defensively tonight and the way our defense is.... the fwds need to help out.

So lets go back to some of our warriors we had in the past that we don't have now....

Lukowich was an ABSOLUTE BEAST last yr.. I'd take him over Salvador anyday

Matvichuk i'd take anyday over Vishnevski

I'd still take Marshall over a guy like Asham......

I dunno guys.. i'm just depressed and I miss the old days

Makes me sick to watch this

Well i'd disagree about your asssesment. I don't think Jagr's in game 2 and the last goal tonight were bad. As for your defensive compirasions, I can't agree that Salvy is worse than Luko, matty is worse than Vish and 2008 Marshall is better than Asham (which isn't saying much)..There's a reason those guys aren't playing in the NHL (well aside from Luko).

Well i'd disagree about your asssesment. I don't think Jagr's in game 2 and the last goal tonight were bad. As for your defensive compirasions, I can't agree that Salvy is worse than Luko, matty is worse than Vish and 2008 Marshall is better than Asham (which isn't saying much)..There's a reason those guys aren't playing in the NHL (well aside from Luko).

Well Luko was a beast last yr in the playoffs especially vs lightning....... Vish doesnt do much other than hitting

Realistically we have a # 2 In Martin, a # 3/4 in Oduya and White and a bunch of 5's and 6's....

Hell Mottau, Brookbank, Rachunek, Vishnevski were every one elses garbage.

Rachunek wouldn't sniff top 8 with Rangers.

Bingo. That one flukey goal against Anaheim did something to him in playoff hockey that will never be repaired.

You're joking right? He had a regulation shutout in Game 4 and a shutout in Game 7, and he was outstanding against the Rangers two years ago. Problem is he's not 30 anymore, this isn't pre-lockout hockey and we clearly don't have an All-Star defense, he just should not be allowed to play 75 games anymore. This is not the same Marty we've seen for 95% of the season.

The Staal goal wasn't a bad goal but as I said in the game thread it's a goal the 'best goalie on the planet' has to stop in a situation where the team needs a win in the worst way.

Edited by Hasan4978