TO THE FANS

Revan

First off, I truly believe that the Devils will win tonight and force game 6. I believe there's even still a chance to tie this series and go for it all in game 7 at the Rock. But there is a possibility that the Devils playoffs will end tonight.

Two years ago Rangers fans saluted their team chanting "Let's Go Rangers" after the final horn while their team ended an embarrasing playoff "run", being swept by the Devils. Some of you laughed at them and said you would never cheer your team if it showed that kind of non-effort and sucking. I hate the Rangers like hell and I had lots of satisfaction in 2006, but I have to give their fans credit for that: they didn't cheer because they were proud that their team got swept by the Devils. They cheered because after years of losing they finally made the playoffs and gave them that little something to be happy about. I'm sure you guys were unbelievably proud when the Devils made the playoffs in 88. And you would be proud even if the playoffs ended for them after the 1st round that year.

So, what's my point? My point is I would be absolutely embarrased to hear Rangers chants after tonight if the Devs lose. Everyone would say Devils fans left their team and stayed silent or worse - booed, while the Rags fans celebrated loudly in their building. I'm a fan of the team. I bleed black and red when the Devils win the Cup and I bleed black and read when they miss the playoffs. I'm proud to be a Devils fan. I'm sure you guys feel the same way. So please, don't let me down, don't let the Devils down and CHEER after the final horn even if they lose! If you're a fan of a team, you have to stay with it to the end and show that you love them - especially with those rival fans in the building. If you really love the team and you are proud of it and its history, you'll cheer it. If no, get the hell out and don't call yourself a Devil!

If you feel that's inappropriate to cheer when the team plays this poorly in the playoffs, think about the regular season. We say goodbye to they team for five long months of offseason. At least we should thank them for still giving us some joy the last several months. They rallied from 30th place in the NHL at one moment to 1st in the conference and finally finished 4th in the East. Not bad for a team most people expected to fight for Stamkos rather than for Stanley, huh? Just for one minute of being loud forget about the Rangers, pretend they don't exist. Forget about the bad playoffs. The first playoff run in the new arena may end in the worst possible way, but we Devils fans should really show that we are true hardcore fans and we won't let the Rangers and their fans humiliate us!

Okay, so... that's about it. I hope we won't have that kind of problem tonight anyway because of the Devils win, but just in case... Show them THEY HAVE FREAKING FANS!!!

I really just hope this series doesn't end with NJ getting eliminated at home. (I was gonna say I hope it doesn't end in NJ, but if it goes 7 and NJ were to pull off a miracle I WOULD want it to end in NJ) I did predict Rags in 5, but I didn't want to be right.

If the Devils lose tonight, we get the team to petition the Rangers to make it a "best-of-nine" series.

When the Rangers inevitably shoot down the idea, we call them "chicken" and then drop it.

Now that's how we save face.

Two years ago Rangers fans saluted their team chanting "Let's Go Rangers" after the final horn while their team ended an embarrasing playoff "run", being swept by the Devils. Some of you laughed at them and said you would never cheer your team if it showed that kind of non-effort and sucking ... but I have to give their fans credit for it.

My point is I would be absolutely embarrased to hear Rangers chants after tonight if the Devs lose. Everyone would say Devils fans left their team and stayed silent or worse - booed, while the Rags fans celebrated loudly in their building. I'm a fan of the team. I bleed black and red when the Devils win the Cup and I bleed black and read when they miss the playoffs. I'm proud to be a Devils fan. I'm sure you guys feel the same way. So please, don't let me down, don't let the Devils down and CHEER after the final horn even if they lose! If you're a fan of a team, you have to stay with it to the end and show that you love them - especially with those rival fans in the building. If you really love the team and you are proud of it and its history, you'll cheer it. If no, get the hell out and don't call yourself a Devil!

If you feel that's inappropriate to cheer when the team plays this poorly in the playoffs ... At least we should thank them for still giving us some joy the last several months. They rallied from 30th place in the NHL at one moment to 1st in the conference and finally finished 4th in the East ... we Devils fans should really show that we are true hardcore fans and we won't let the Rangers and their fans humiliate us!

I don't know how many Devils fans are reading this thread, since it's an "if the Devils lose post." And everyone's trying to remain positive. But I'll comment anyway.

I personally witnessed the Devils getting eliminated from the playoffs at the old CAA on about four separate occasions. And each time it sucked, BAD.

But two games really stand out in my mind.

The first one that really stung was when the Rangers knocked the Devils out in 1997. In the closing minutes of that game, a lot of the Devils fans had left the building, and many of the Rangers fans had worked their way down to the lower bowl and were chanting "Let's Go Rangers!" It looked like the CAA had become the Rangers home. I know the Rangers players must have loved it. I remember just sitting there in my seat nodding my head, thinking "OK, OK, I'll remember this. ... I'll remember this forever." It really sucked, but it made me love my team and want to stick up for them even more.

The second-worst home playoff elimination loss I personally witnessed was when Carolina knocked us out in the first round in 2002. The Devils were only down 2-1 in that game with about 40 seconds left. They had pulled Marty for the extra skater, and yet lots of Devils fans WERE LEAVING THE BUILDING! I couldn't believe it! One goal would've tied that game and sent it to overtime, yet many SUPPOSED FANS had given up on the team. I was incensed! I remember there was another fan across the aisle from me who was looking around and shouting "WHERE ARE YOU GOING?!!" ... Not only was it in bad taste to walk out on the team because they still had a chance to tie the game, but it was doubly bad because the Devils had just come off of two straight seaons (2000 and 2001) of reaching the Stanley Cup Finals. If anything, the players deserved applause from the fans for having given us a few great years of exciting Devils hockey! I could only imagine how tired they must've been, having gone deep in the playoffs both times. They plainly ran out of gas in 2002. But they definitely deserved better from us.

I'm with you 100 percent, Revan. If the hockey gods aren't smiling on us tonight and should the Devils lose, the least we could do is stick around till the end and show the team we still support them and always will. WIN OR LOSE.

LET'S GO DEVILS!

At least we should thank them for still giving us some joy the last several months.

How 'bout the joy they have given us for the last 14 years? I think that having a team that has carved out a place for itself among the elite in the league for a decade an a half is definitely something to be proud of.

Well said Revan, I'm with you.

i dont give a sh!t, if we lose or win i will be on my feet clapping after the final horn. this is my team that i love.

Bravo! I may not have the memory as some of my esteemed colleagues on this board (like who scored a winning goal in a random regular season game in 1993) but I have been a Devils fan since my first game (Devils vs Nordiques circa 1990) An although I may have strayed from watching hockey over the years, I have always been supportive of my team. The only TRUE NJ team that matters.

I love the Devils.

I bleed red and black.

Let's kick some ass tonight!

Bravo! I may not have the memory as some of my esteemed colleagues on this board (like who scored a winning goal in a random regular season game in 1993) but I have been a Devils fan since my first game (Devils vs Nordiques circa 1990) An although I may have strayed from watching hockey over the years, I have always been supportive of my team. The only TRUE NJ team that matters.

I love the Devils.

I bleed red and black.

Let's kick some ass tonight!

great post.

Amen to that....lets show those sorry ass rangers fans whos boss! I'll be there and cheering on my team till the end!!

I'd have to say the worst playoff game I've been to was game 5 last year against the Senators last year. It was pretty emotional with that being the last game ever at CAA and to go out that way.

But we got game 5 tonight! Not in our HOUSE!

If the Devils lose tonight, we get the team to petition the Rangers to make it a "best-of-nine" series.

When the Rangers inevitably shoot down the idea, we call them "chicken" and then drop it.

Now that's how we save face.

POTD! haha I'm all for it!

A true fan never booes his own team. Never.

I will cheer no matter what. Thanks for the surprisingly great season guys, and either win or loss tonight, I'll see you in October.

Booing your team? Yeah, never boo your own team. Whenever I've booed at a Devils game it's been targeted at the other team, the refs, or the fans of the opposing team. Even if a goal against the Devils is a clean goal, I'll boo the refs. Why not? They shoulda... called something. :P

fvck this sh!t. You know what fans do when there team loses? They hibernate. I don't want to look or think anything hockey related now, the NHL season is over. Devils get no pat on the back for losing to the fvcking Rags in 5

I say find the nearest Rags fan and smash his teeth in with a Coke bottle. They should stay in their sh!thole of a city where they belong.

Hmmm...or we could be hockey fans, congratulate them and wish them well in Round 2, just like the players will do when this thing eventually ends.

Just a thought...

i love this team but couldnt clap for them at my seat. i left my seats at the last 50 sec. mark and looked from the next level. then said good season boys and was told to shut the fvck up by well over 20 blueshirted scumbags. its great when im at my own arena and I'M the one being told to shut the fvck up. fvck THAT. :angry:

fvck this sh!t. You know what fans do when there team loses? They hibernate. I don't want to look or think anything hockey related now, the NHL season is over. Devils get no pat on the back for losing to the fvcking Rags in 5

I hibernate as well. My cell phone will be shut off for the next few weeks. Most of my friends are Ranger fans and that's why I never give anyone my house number.