Devils VS Rangers Game 5 GDT

Beetlebum

Brodeur dives and that shows unsportsmenlike attitude towards the game so I don't really care. Brodeur is not my favorite Devil although he is a top goaltender of all time. Our sparkplug Clarkson actually played like a minor leaguer. I don't know if NJ keeps him.

Dives? When you don't get any goalie interference on you when you keep getting raped then you'll try to sell it.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Pens played a high school team in the first round. The Sens were free falling since January and had the season been two games longer they would have been out. If the refs calls the Pens next series evenly then we'll see how good the Pens are.

And the Pens did what they are supposed to do to a high school team, swept thier asses. The Pens are a very good team.

Edited by hattrick

Things need to be re-evaluated, but this team is a product of having an awful draft position over the past 13 years, as well as losing 5 core players because of free agency/retirement.

They were never a contender from the start, but what is disturbing is the way they gift-wrapped the series for the rags...and the vets are to blame more than anyone. I think we saw two pretty even teams, only one made stupid mistakes and the other didn't.

Let the rags have their pitiful 15 seconds of glory. Fact is their best team in the past decade had a rough time against our worst...what does that say??

We'll be back...it might take a year or two...but we'll be back.

You're going to need a whole new sub-forum for this.

Probably, but I have followed this team for 20 years and for the last half decade there seems to be no overriding strategy--it seems directionless as an organization. Maybe Lou was blindsided by all the defections (Neids, Rafi, etc. ). But the startegy was clear in the mid-90s to 2003 but since then they haven't been willing to break down the team and rebuild or step up and compete at a Championship level (i.e., sign big free agents). It's like they are satisfied with this 1st-2d round team. It kind of reminds me of what the Blues were like for 20 years and tey never sniffed a cup.

And let's face it, I love Marty but he hasn't stolen a playoff game since. . . . .

Probably, but I have followed this team for 20 years and for the last half decade there seems to be no overriding strategy--it seems directionless as an organization. Maybe Lou was blindsided by all the defections (Neids, Rafi, etc. ). But the startegy was clear in the mid-90s to 2003 but since then they haven't been willing to break down the team and rebuild or step up and compete at a Championship level (i.e., sign big free agents). It's like they are satisfied with this 1st-2d round team. It kind of reminds me of what the Blues were like for 20 years and tey never sniffed a cup.

And let's face it, I love Marty but he hasn't stolen a playoff game since. . . . .

What you said has definitely been true for the last 3-4 years, and hopefully this loss shows Lou that this teams needs some serious off-season changes. Unfortunately I think you are right in saying that Lou is complacent with a 1st or 2nd round exit, and hopefully with Marty in his waning years, Lou will make a run for the cup next season.

In regards to Marty, I completely agree. He wasn't terrible but he wasn't great either.

Can we all agree that the best news tomorrow is to hear that Langenbrunner has some terrible injury that he was playing through and needs surgery?

this would be terrible news. as everyone noted at the beginning of the year, sports hernias take a long time to heal, and i don't think jamie looked right all season.

this would be terrible news. as everyone noted at the beginning of the year, sports hernias take a long time to heal, and i don't think jamie looked right all season.

Thanks for taking me seriously. I think the one big mistake Sutter made was not taking him off the top line. He was slowing down Elias and Parise all series.