Was Langenbrunner Hurt?

jsonnabend

Anyone have any idea? He certainly didn't figure much in the series.

- Jeff

Hurt or not Langenbrunner was a no show in this series in the playoffs and for most of the season. I think the burden of the "C" being on his jersey may have taken its toll on him. I would like to see Madden take the captaincy but Langenbrunner will most likely still be the Devils captain next season.

Hurt or not Langenbrunner was a no show in this series in the playoffs and for most of the season. I think the burden of the "C" being on his jersey may have taken its toll on him. I would like to see Madden take the captaincy but Langenbrunner will most likely still be the Devils captain next season.

Langenbrunner played much better in Game 5 but he definitely had a subpar series. Still, I think people are too quick to rip the C off his jersey. It's a bit unfair.

And on another subject, if I have to read again that this team has no heart, I'm going to puke. They're wrong. They're just not good enough. They didn't come up with enough big plays and made a ton of mistakes. But no heart? That's a slap in the face and a shame for anyone who watched these guys play hard in this series.

Hurt or not Langenbrunner was a no show in this series in the playoffs and for most of the season.

Parise had .80 points per game.

Elias had .74 points per game.

Gionta had .65 points per game.

Langs had .64 points per game.

Those are the top 5 points per game players. I thin it's unfair to say Langs didn't show up for most of the season. His pace for 82 games was still 52 points which is not bad. Langs got worse as the season went on though as, to me, his body really started to give out on him. The problem for Langs could be that this happens every season going forward.

Langenbrunner played much better in Game 5 but he definitely had a subpar series. Still, I think people are too quick to rip the C off his jersey. It's a bit unfair.

And on another subject, if I have to read again that this team has no heart, I'm going to puke. They're wrong. They're just not good enough. They didn't come up with enough big plays and made a ton of mistakes. But no heart? That's a slap in the face and a shame for anyone who watched these guys play hard in this series.

I agree with you Jerry and didn't mean to think I said to rip off the "C" from Langenbrunner. I just think Madden would be the ideal captain for the Devils. have to give Langenbrunner a chance here but he has to have a better season than what he had this season which was just terrible.

This Devils team had PLENTY of heart! They lost a tough series where ANY game in this series could have gone either way and the NYR got all the lucky bounces for their wins. The Devils kept fighting back especially last night in Game 5 and I was proud of this team this season and unfortunately it just fell short. :saddevil:

Yeah, forget about the boost he gave the team when he was named captain after coming back from surgery. :rolleyes:

Why not, the board forgot about Elias doing the same two years ago when there were lynch mobs wanting him removed as C last year :P

It was concerning to see how bad Jamie was down the stretch and even worse in the playoffs. I don't know whether the worse news would be that he was hurt or that he wasn't. Cause if he wasn't that's not very encouraging news and if he was that doesn't really help given the number of times he's been banged up over the years.

Why not, the board forgot about Elias doing the same two years ago when there were lynch mobs wanting him removed as C last year :P

It was concerning to see how bad Jamie was down the stretch and even worse in the playoffs. I don't know whether the worse news would be that he was hurt or that he wasn't. Cause if he wasn't that's not very encouraging news and if he was that doesn't really help given the number of times he's been banged up over the years.

He was pretty bad. But he's a guy that has built up enough good will as a Devil that he shouldn't be figuratively cast aside by the fans. If Sutter wants to make a change at captain, so be it.

You know, SatansDevils, I have no problem with criticism. If people want to say the Devils should have played better and made bonehead mistakes, fine. To question heart ... I have to wonder what they've been watching.

Again here Jerry I agree with you and just do not understand some of these fans by saying "no heart" this seasons playoffs and don't really know what they have been watching. There were mistakes-a lot of them which costed the Devils this series. The team that makes the least mistakes always wins the series.

Nice to see him show up for the playoffs. Great captain.

You think Scott Stevens had a great playoffs in 1998 versus Ottawa? How about 1999 versus Pittsburgh? I faintly remember Jagr undressing him a couple of times.

My point is this: Langenbrunner has done very good things for this team in post-seasons past. I am disappointed he was bad, too, but his track record says he deserves some support from the fans.

You think Scott Stevens had a great playoffs in 1998 versus Ottawa? How about 1999 versus Pittsburgh? I faintly remember Jagr undressing him a couple of times.

My point is this: Langenbrunner has done very good things for this team in post-seasons past. I am disappointed he was bad, too, but his track record says he deserves some support from the fans.

Scott Stevens walked on water...everyone here knows that....

I could care less about his regular season stats as far as captaincy goes...same went with Elias...the problem I had with Langs was it didn't seem like he cared...he didn't show to be a leader...everytime Madden was on the ice arguing a call or whatever he looked intense, mad, determined...while Langs doing the same thing looked whiny and b!tchy....it sucks but that's how I viewed it...While I dont' think he should've been captain in the first place (clearly no one, by our standards is a leader, and obviously Lou thought Elias deserved it after not having a captain for a year so it should've stayed that way until he proved he wasn't captain material, which a bad statistical year doesn't prove anything) but he is captain so leave it and hope for better next year....possibly improving Langs stat by a couple of points isn't worth the toll of having 3 captains in three years...

Funny how ELIAS26 is calling out a captain :giggle: . IIRC, Patty played like jacksh!t all year last year.

I also seemed to remember how Marty sucked last year in the playoffs as well. Maybe you should change your name to Lundqvistb3tt3r you 2 cent puck bunny ho.