Avery & Brodeur

eaglejelly

Remember that thing Gomez said "Marty won't even talk to me" .

That would make you think he doesn't like him at all, but during the handshake yesterday Marty embraced Gomez, and like put his hand on his head??

That came from a story from a poster which we questioned the legitimacy. And yeah, Gomez embraced most of the players including marty, certainly didn't feel like they were on negative terms.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What did Avery say about Clarkson after the game?

And was that a-hole Giannone laughing when that jerkoff Avery called Marty 'Fatso'?

Actually I was curious about that too. Also, what did Avery say about Marty's family/divorce because I don't recall hearing that.

For the record, if it were reversed and Avery was on the Devils doing this to Lundqvist, I'd hate him too. But, at least I could admit that. If he was on your team, you would love him, anyone who says otherwise is lying to themselves.

You're Right I would "Like" Avery if he was Devil, but I would still think he is scum of the planet, which is what he is !

- Mike

Shanahan yes, Jagr not sure, Roszival hopefully. The cap will go up, the young guys ie Girardi, Staal, Dubinsky, etc. do not make a lot of money (relatively speaking). There will be plenty of money for Avery. So long as he doesnt get stupid with his demands, he'll be signed.

As much as I hate to say it your right. The Rangers win/loss record is much better with him in the lineup, he will be resigned, fvckin Jagr will retire in Russia, Rosival will suck dick for another sh!tty team, and Shanny will move on as well. Thant being said....fvck the Rangers!

...and was that a-hole Giannone laughing when that jerkoff Avery called Marty 'Fatso'?

It sure was. I said this earlier, shame on John Giannone for adding his extra chuckle which was totally uncalled for. A sports analyst aint' supposed to be audience. If he want's to watch stand up, go to the laugh in.

It sure was. I said this earlier, shame on John Giannone for adding his extra chuckle which was totally uncalled for. A sports analyst aint' supposed to be audience. If he want's to watch stand up, go to the laugh in.

the entire rangers staff should go to LA and never come back

even they dont have class

After game 3, Brodeur said he thought it was a good idea on Avery's part because he admitted he couldnt see anything while he was doing it. Avery's job is to be a pest, to get the opponent off his game. He was in Marty's face the whole series and I think we can all agree that Marty was off his game. However, I will stop now because some of you will force me to turn into the d!ck I didnt want to turn into here.

You're right Avery's job is to be a pest, but let me ask you this: Do you think that Avery would have done that to let's say... Fluery?.....Price?.....no he wouldn't! He does NOT respect Brodeur, so I don't blame the guy for not shaking his fvcking hand! fvck him, why shake someones hand when you know he doesn't respect you in the least!

You're right Avery's job is to be a pest, but let me ask you this: Do you think that Avery would have done that to let's say... Fluery?.....Price?.....no he wouldn't! He does NOT respect Brodeur, so I don't blame the guy for not shaking his fvcking hand! fvck him, why shake someones hand when you know he doesn't respect you in the least!

agree. "He makes fun at my divorce in 2003." -Brodeur. Regardless of all the other crap, that reason right there gives Marty a pass on not shaking his hand.

*BTW: Welcome to the board. :boogie:

I found the post game interview on youtube. Not the greatest picture but here it is:

Avery says about Clarkson: "he's not much of a player ...." and something like "he's not really effective." and says something else, but I can't really make it out.

He mentions he reads Vogue and not the sports pages so he doesn't know what was being said about his antics re: screening Brodeur. He says about the physical contact the Rangers put on Brodeur and its possible impact on his play, "he did it to himself more than anything he dove and he was out of position a lot."

Ughhh I hate him. He truly is a jackass.

And Vogue? Is he serious or trying to be funny?

Edited by LA03

I said this in another thread but it fits here as well...

Honestly, who gives a sh!t about them not shaking hands. After all the stuff that happens in sports and the rest of the world these days, not shaking someones hand is the last thing in the world anyone should be worried about. With murderers in the NFL, drug users and steroid takers in the MLB, and with guys who beat their wives amongst other things in the NBA and with wrestlers killing their family and than themselves when you put a handshake in perspective to those things it doesn't even really matter.

Dude i so happen to watch all those sports and besides those who are and were guilty of crimes those sports are no different from hockey.Stop painting the picture that those sports are really bad sports.They are just as entertaining as hockey.Now to Avery comments my opinion is once a clown always a clown and i would just die of laughter if him and his goon squad gets knocked out next series and the goon fans of NY would have to chant something other than "We want the cup"

Plain and simple, Avery is a piece of trash. Its pretty sad that the Rangers can't win games unless he's around being a pest. He's been run out of LA, run out of Detroit. Why the Rangers embrace him and his games is beyond me. Shanny, Drury, Renney, I think they only put up with him because they have to.

I'd like to see the Ranger fans defending Avery shake the hand of a man who made fun of his divorce or any other personal matter. I didn't see Avery reaching for Marty's hand, either.

I love Don Cherry's quote about Avery after the 'screening' thing.

"I knew this kid since he was 16 in juniors. He was a jerk then, and he's a jerk now."

Yes but it's not like this is the first time it's ever happened. I remember Chris Chelios not shaking hands with the Ducks players after they lost to them last year. If Marty went straight to the locker room and didn't shake anyones hand I would have to agree but since he didn't shake one guys hand who talked personal sh!t to him threw out the series than I really don't have a problem with it.

Remember Billy Smith would NEVER shake hands at the end of a series.

Which Devils skipped out on the handshake but in either 99 or 01 or 02, not sure.

There's two ways to look at this. First, there's Avery's way...the "I'm a douchebag, he's Martin Brodeur, an overrated crybaby who I like to piss off and shrug it off as nothing, we all know I'm better than he is, our team is better than there's, it's in the past, they can't even play hockey." Then there's the Brodeur way: "I'm Martin Brodeur, one of, if not, the best goaltender to ever play the game. I will be remembered for 3 (or more) Stanley Cups and probably setting the wins and shutout records, going into the Hall of Fame as one of the best between the pipes ever. He's Sean Avery, he will be remembered...oh wait, he won't even be remembered..."

Basically, Brodeur is way out of Avery's league to even care about his sh!t antics. If someone made fun of your personal life from 5 years ago you wouldn't shake the man's hand either. That just proves that someone like Avery is not needed in the game. It's sad that the Rangers need him to win, because it makes the team as a whole look bad.

And the other time I remember this happening was in 1997 I think when Stevens didn't shake Holik's hand.

Dude i so happen to watch all those sports and besides those who are and were guilty of crimes those sports are no different from hockey.Stop painting the picture that those sports are really bad sports.They are just as entertaining as hockey.

Good for you. I watch all those sports as well. I was making a comparison that people are making such a big deal of 2 guys not shaking each others hands that when you compare it to other sh!t that goes on in sports that it is really meaningless in the big picture.

I think they were confused with Holik and Stevens just not shaking hands...together.

As a Rangers fan, I can understand Brodeur not wanting to shake Avery's hand, and don't have a problem with it, but that really pissed me off back in 97. There was no reason for Stevens and Holik to skip the handshake line after that series.

As a Rangers fan, I can understand Brodeur not wanting to shake Avery's hand, and don't have a problem with it, but that really pissed me off back in 97. There was no reason for Stevens and Holik to skip the handshake line after that series.

When all is said and done. Is it really THAT big of a deal? Of course not.

I found the post game interview on youtube. Not the greatest picture but here it is:

Avery says about Clarkson: "he's not much of a player ...." and something like "he's not really effective." and says something else, but I can't really make it out.

He mentions he reads Vogue and not the sports pages so he doesn't know what was being said about his antics re: screening Brodeur. He says about the physical contact the Rangers put on Brodeur and its possible impact on his play, "he did it to himself more than anything he dove and he was out of position a lot."

Ughhh I hate him. He truly is a jackass.

And Vogue? Is he serious or trying to be funny?

Avery- "He's not much of a player, not really effective, tried to play with me but we know he can't..."