Avery & Brodeur

eaglejelly

does avery realize that he should just shut up, he keeps hurting his own reputation and should go to Moscow

You'd think after years of not being on a cup team, Avery would learn to be not so cocky and shut his mouth until he actually wins something important. Considering it's very likely the Rangers could get matched with the Penguins next round, and George Laraque could very well end his life if he wanted to.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd think after years of not being on a cup team, Avery would learn to be not so cocky and shut his mouth until he actually wins something important. Considering it's very likely the Rangers could get matched with the Penguins next round, and George Laraque could very well end his life if he wanted to.

GEORGE LARAQUE PLEASE PLEASE

Avery has absolutely no use whatsoever for Marty and Marty has absolutely no use for him. Simply two quys who detest each other.

I know it's easier said than done, but the way I look at that series is this.

You fair a lot better when you don't allow an opponent to climb inside your head and screw with your brain in a playoff or any series. Marty allowed himself to be suckered in and also allowed Avery to climb inside his head amd screw around with his brain.

The end result was what?

Sometimes you have to ignore an irritation as if it wasn't really there at all.

Marty didn't do that.

This entire scenario reminded me of a certain scene out of "Slapshot" if you catch my drift.

Sorry about the way things ended for you guys.

NJ will be back.

Not sure this has been mentioned yet, as I'm too lazy to go through all five pages of this, but...

1991-92 season, the Rangers beat the Devils in the first round...

Tie Domi refuses to shake Claude Lemieux's hand (citing "He called me a melonhead" as his excuse).

So, what are we saying here...if a Ranger does it, it's okay...but if a Devil does it, it's low-class???

Not sure this has been mentioned yet, as I'm too lazy to go through all five pages of this, but...

Tie Domi refuses to shake Claude Lemieux's hand (citing "He called me a melonhead" as his excuse).

So, what are we saying here...if a Ranger does it, it's okay...but if a Devil does it, it's low-class???

Good point! I remember that too back in the '92 playoffs. Always hated Domi.

Switch teams for Avery in this whole thing.

If he's on the Devs and he pulled that crap with Queen Henrietta, he would be crucified by the NY media.

That Giannone laughing really irks my arse.

Avery is a little bitch and that is why Marty didn't shake his freaking hand. Hopefully he get his head taken off when he meets Mr Gill or Mr Laraque. I don't like Pitt, but I absolutely HATE the Rags and most of their sorry ass fans. For such a small man he sure creates a sh!t load of enemies out there. Eventually someone will take his strategy and he will receive a nasty cheap shot.

Avery better pray he and the Rags don't get matched up wit the Pens,because difference is Pens have no problems with cleaning guys away from their net and goalie,and if Avery and the rest of his team think they are going to use the same game plan as last series boy do they have another coming becuase if they do Avery and Rags please meet mr Hall Gill,Bruce Orpik,Georges Laraque,Ruttu

Edited by Scott Stevens #4

Nah, the Rangirl$ will resign him.

Aside from calling Avery a "detriment to the team", Sather already cut off contract talks with Avery. The ever loyal Avery in turn sent a text message to the Kings GM, Dean Lombardi "not to forget him next season".

I think the Rags would be foolish to let him go, but Sather is one of the worst GM's in the game and Avery wants double what the Rags are offering and the Rags have cap problems next year.

Avery will take the highest offer in either of the biggest two markets.

Edited by MantaRay

Now that being said if Avery doesnt get totally pummeled the first time these 2 play next season?? Then I will be totally disappointed in the Devils as a team!!!

On Vs., Keith Jones talked about being tasked with annoying Steve Thomas of the Leafs one series, and at the end Thomas did grab his hand, but told him 'next year, I'm gonna pound you'. Reason being he didn't want to take care of it in the playoffs and risk hurting his team. So next season, first leaf/Flyer game, Thomas cleaned his clock.

Hopefully that happens next year to mr goofy glasses....

1 man's opinion..

I lost some respect for Broduer, you shake the Man's hand... end of story...

Then you've bought into Avery's garbage. Avery took this stuff off of the ice, and went more personal then you hardly ever see. Marty's a HOF'er, Avery is an afterthought.

The ever loyal Avery in turn sent a text message to the Kings GM, Dean Lombardi "not to forget him next season".

Didn't know that , thanks.

1 man's opinion..

I lost some respect for Broduer, you shake the Man's hand... end of story...

I think Brodeur did the right thing by not shaking his hand. It would've been phony.

I bet there must be hundreds of players that regret having shaken hands with someone who showed him no respect on or off the ice.

http://www.nj.com/sports/ledger/index.ssf?....xml&coll=1

"I have no comment on that, (Avery Non`Shake) but I support Marty 100 percent. I've seen it before, and we'll see it again. There are reasons why it was done that other people don't know. There is a line people can cross in this game." -Lou Lamoriello

It's nice to see LL's defending Brodeur on the whole Non`Shake issue. He could've simple said; 'no comment'.

I found the post game interview on youtube. Not the greatest picture but here it is:

Avery says about Clarkson: "he's not much of a player ...." and something like "he's not really effective." and says something else, but I can't really make it out.

He mentions he reads Vogue and not the sports pages so he doesn't know what was being said about his antics re: screening Brodeur. He says about the physical contact the Rangers put on Brodeur and its possible impact on his play, "he did it to himself more than anything he dove and he was out of position a lot."

Ughhh I hate him. He truly is a jackass.

And Vogue? Is he serious or trying to be funny?

The fairy is interning at vogue this summer.