List of unrestricted free agents

Satans Hockey

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See the thing is Lou needs to realize in this league even if you sign someone like Brad Richards to a terrible contract, at the deadline you can trade him for more than servicible parts. At the deadline almost everyone is a buyer so overpay some guy don't give him a NTC, and if after 3 or 4 years its not working out move him at the deadline. It is essential that there is a talent infusion into this team, without one through FA or a monster trade this team is going nowhere.

Also in today's Newark Star Ledger it said that Vanderbeek gave Lou the full support to make changes and sign free agents this summer.

There will be changes with this team and it showed all the Devils players status' and when their contracts run out. Pandolfo will be re-signed in the off season and most likely Brylin will be evaluated to see how much he has left and it is not much at all and he may have played his last days as a New Jersey Devil. Had a good career and now it is time to let go and move on to some key free agents like Campbell, Malone, Sundin, Rolston and others that are possibilities.

Defense: Jason Smith, Brian Campbell, Bryce Salvador (resign), Karel Rachunek OR Mike Mottau (resign), maybe we could even get Oleg Tverdovsky to come back to the NHL and play for the Devils again for cheaper than his last contract. He'd be a great D-man to quarterback a PP and he's only 31. If Tverdovsky would come back then forget even thinking about re-signing Rachunek/Mottau.

Trade Colin White. Do whatever it takes to get him to waive his NTC and lift this burden from the team.

And don't, for the love of god, re-sign Brookbank. What a bust. I had such high hopes for him, too.

Offense: Vaclav Prospal, Jason Williams, Daymond Langkow, maybe Brian Rolston. Trade Zajac for draft picks to make room for them all and give us better choices during this year's draft. Resign Pandolfo for the checking line, and maybe re-sign Brylin if he will take a pay cut.

No offense, but Tverdovsky is a bum.

No offense, but Tverdovsky is a bum.

I love how people say "No offense" before stuff. If you don't agree with me, just say it. Don't beat around the bush. Besides, what do you have against Oleg? He is kinda flaky, but he still has great offensive potential if he were to come back to NJ.

I love how people say "No offense" before stuff. If you don't agree with me, just say it. Don't beat around the bush. Besides, what do you have against Oleg? He is kinda flaky, but he still has great offensive potential if he were to come back to NJ.

Great offensive potential?!?! His last decent season was 8 years ago. Since then he's bounced around between the Devs, Canes, Kings, Russia and the minors.

There's a reason he can't stick anywhere...he's not that good. Did he have potential at one point? Sure, but his time to prove he's a consistent NHL player has passed. Bringing him in would be nothing more than the same old patch work job that will do nothing but screw the team in the long run.

Great offensive potential?!?! His last decent season was 8 years ago. Since then he's bounced around between the Devs, Canes, Kings, Russia and the minors.

There's a reason he can't stick anywhere...he's not that good. Did he have potential at one point? Sure, but his time to prove he's a consistent NHL player has passed. Bringing him in would be nothing more than the same old patch work job that will do nothing but screw the team in the long run.

lol there we go, get it all out.

His speed would be an asset, as most Devils defenders are slow as molasses, and I think the Devils could get him really cheap. Plus, to address your concern about his offense, his last full season (06) he had more points than all but two Devils defenders (3G, 20A, only 3 points behind Oduya's output this year) . Put him on the PP with Martin and his point total would rise enough to be tops on the team. They'd both have good shots from the point. I'm not saying he'd be Scott Niedermayer, but he'd be worth $1.5M one year deal.

lol there we go, get it all out.

His speed would be an asset, as most Devils defenders are slow as molasses, and I think the Devils could get him really cheap. Plus, to address your concern about his offense, his last full season (06) he had more points than all but two Devils defenders (3G, 20A, only 3 points behind Oduya's output this year) . Put him on the PP with Martin and his point total would rise enough to be tops on the team. They'd both have good shots from the point. I'm not saying he'd be Scott Niedermayer, but he'd be worth $1.5M one year deal.

I don't get it. You want to get rid of Colin White, who any other team in the league would sign, but sign Oleg Tverdosky who passed by every other NHL team.

I don't get it. You want to get rid of Colin White, who any other team in the league would sign, but sign Oleg Tverdosky who passed by every other NHL team.

lol and I don't get how anybody disagrees with me. Especially Devils fans. If you guys watch as many games as I think you do, I don't understand how you don't see how bad he is. I DO value Tverdovsky higher than White, although I still wouldn't want to pay Tverdovsky $3M/yr like White.

I'm sorry, I don't see how bad White is most of the time. did he have a great playoff? not at all. But then again, the last two games the Elias line was matched up against Jagr's and a what a shock to see how many goals agaisnt were scored. Whitey's regular season, I thought, was about as good as your going to get from him. And I thought that was mighty fine. I'm happy to have White on my team any time, any year. Would I prefer there be a better, more reliable shutdown dman ahead of him on the depth chart? Sure. But don't kid youself into thinking White is this Lyle Odelein of 2008. Not in the least.

As for Tverdovsky...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Edited by HellOnICE

lol and I don't get how anybody disagrees with me. Especially Devils fans. If you guys watch as many games as I think you do, I don't understand how you don't see how bad he is. I DO value Tverdovsky higher than White, although I still wouldn't want to pay Tverdovsky $3M/yr like White.

Oleg couldn't even stay in the LA Kings lineup in the 06-07 season and they suck. They even sent him down to the AHL. He is an overall career minus. If that isn't enough proof that he sucks I don't know what is. I've seen him play enough as well. He really isn't very good.

Oleg couldn't even stay in the LA Kings lineup in the 06-07 season and they suck. They even sent him down to the AHL. He is an overall career minus. If that isn't enough proof that he sucks I don't know what is. I've seen him play enough as well. He really isn't very good.

First off, the teams he was on where his +/- were negative were incredibly bad teams. Do you also think Olli Jokinen is as bad as Tverdovsky? Jokinen was -19 this season alone.

First off, the teams he was on where his +/- were negative were incredibly bad teams. Do you also think Olli Jokinen is as bad as Tverdovsky? Jokinen was -19 this season alone.

In some cases plus/minus is a good stat. In Olegs case it is. He was even a -1 on the Carolina team that won the cup. Plus he only played 5 games in the playoffs for them for a reason. They don't even think he was very good.

Langkow and Prospal for forwards. Face it this team doesn't have a true #1 and #2 center. Those players fill those rolls.

Smith for defense.

We could easily do those 3.

Face it though, there's no way we are getting Campbell. That kids going to break the bank for some team. Most likely San Jose.

In some cases plus/minus is a good stat. In Olegs case it is. He was even a -1 on the Carolina team that won the cup. Plus he only played 5 games in the playoffs for them for a reason. They don't even think he was very good.

And Colin White was -5 in 57 games this year. He isn't very good, either.