TIME FOR DEVILS AND LAMORIELLO TO OPEN WALLET

SC Devs Fan

You realize that Devils playoff tickets were HALF the price of the same seats in MSG right?

As much as I hate it... I can't blame Ranger fans for showing up... the Devils need to do something like offer extra seats to the STH when it's announced a local rival is playing them in the playoffs as a pre-release so we can fill the building up RIGHT

We broke 15,000 a night I believe in the new place... attendance is not an issue

sure seems like the STH were the ones selling the tickets to Ranger fans.

How about David Clarkson get his head out of his you-know-what and become that kind of player (without the nonsense)? Where was he this series anyway?

Clarkson somewhere along the line decided he didn't need to be gritty any longer but instead decided he could play a more finesse game. IMO, he went from sure roster spot next season to having to battle guys like Vrana and Bergfors to make the team.

sure seems like the STH were the ones selling the tickets to Ranger fans.

eh not really

from whaere I sat most of the infestation was lodged in those middle seats too expensive for the uppers and too high for the people in the lowers (the 100 area)

but then again anyone who sells to Ranger fans should have their tickets revoked :P

Me likey Langkow & Rolston. Liles would be a lesser hyped D man that could help. Should we do the dirty RFA offer sheet to Bouwmeester?

This may be Lou's most important offseason.

Also we hit 15,564 (88.3% full)with a lot of mid-week nights. With more weekends next year we should do at least 16K.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/attendance

Seriously, what if the Devils signed Avery? He is an unrestricted free agent, and the rangers top forwards. the Rangers signed our top forward last year. Lets do the same to them this year. Sign him for 4 million a year. 4 years.

I hate Avery's guts more than any other devils fan but it might be a good move to sign him. plus rangers fans have grown to love him and it would kill them to see him in red and black.

Sign him and a offensive defensman like cambell and we're good to go.

Sounds simple doesn't it? You realize that Lou would have to stand in line to attempt to sign Campbell, right? I also wouldn't want to invest $16 million in Avery due to his history of "wearing out his welcome" with his past teams.

the Devils need to do something like offer extra seats to the STH when it's announced a local rival is playing them in the playoffs as a pre-release so we can fill the building up RIGHT

they did. STH were able to buy extra seats before the public sale of playoffs. tickets were already on sale when it was determined it was the rangers. you couldn't not put them out there 3 days before the 1st game (which was when we knew it was NYR for sure)

Clarkson somewhere along the line decided he didn't need to be gritty any longer but instead decided he could play a more finesse game. IMO, he went from sure roster spot next season to having to battle guys like Vrana and Bergfors to make the team.

don't bet on that. the only way clarkson doesn't make the roster is if he's traded. he absolutely has a spot. he roughed it up whenever called upon. he went for skill whenever not. other than his icing brain farts that happened once a game, i've got no problem with how he played this year.

oh, i forgot to mention - based on the title of the article, you'd think Lou doesn't spend money. as has been pointed out, the devils had one of the top 3 player salaries in the league the last 3 years. of course, a decent amount was retired or in lowell. the notion that gomez could've been had for 5/25 was only before his arbitration case when that was an inflated contract and the devils had no room under the cap to do it.

the ONLY argument you could use against Lou is the Marty (or Elias) rule that nobody can make more. I think that if one of the big name UFA's wants to come to NJ, that rule will change (at least for Campbell or Hossa).

they did. STH were able to buy extra seats before the public sale of playoffs. tickets were already on sale when it was determined it was the rangers. you couldn't not put them out there 3 days before the 1st game (which was when we knew it was NYR for sure)

The 8 game blocks yes, but they could have had a ONE DAY pre-release for STH

(imagine if like the Dallas Stars get you get a STH card so you can get discounts in the arena and stuff too... I know.. BOLD)... just an extra way to reward your core fan base and lessen the embarrssment ya know?