Sidney Crosby

oconnellrules

Or Sindy Cry-baby as all the non-Pens fans know him.

It was a very sad display of playoff officiating tonight in the Rags/Pens game. While I am loathing the Rags more than ever after this year of superiority over the Devils; it made me sick to see the preferential treatment that Crosby gets from the refs. I think they first one was Dubinsky for tripping when Crosby actually just fell. And the glaring one down the stretch by Marty Straka which was not nearly bad enough to make the call in that situation or time of the game. Bad Bad Bad.

At the same time the Rags blew a 3-0 lead and choked yet again. Keep complaining about bad goals Ranger players and fans. Or maybe Hank the Skank should actually save one once in a while. Playing so deep with huge ass leg pads? no more excuses.

Ovechkin > Crosby

Edited by oconnellrules

Crosby fell.

Refs call penalty.

Therefore Crosby sucks.

Oi. The logic around here makes me dizzy.

BTW - His name is Sidney, not "Sindy". "Sindy" or "Cindy" are girls name and you wouldn't want to be misogynistic, now would we?

Both those calls were questionable. The Dubinsky one was clearly garbage, and although straka did interfere, I don't think you can call that with 4 minutes to go in a tie game.

HOWEVER

as don pointed out its not crosby's fault (assuming those calls were made only because of crosby) its the league's fault for terrible/biased officiating. Crosby is the best player in the league. He is a one man scoring line, and he has been developing an edge to his game.

I never got a clear shot of the interference.

Dubinsky call was bad - I think the referee was screened out from what actually happened and just assumed there must've been a penalty. Given that Dubinsky already tried to trip him (and the ref could see that) - it made a bizarre Koharskian sense.

I've seen Ovechkin charge and elbow lots of players and not get called. Should I be sick about the preferential treatment he gets? I don't, it's just part of the game, refs miss calls and make bad calls lots of times on lots of different players.

I think we just notice it more with stars because we watch the stars more closely and they tend to get a ton of ice time so have more things happening with them. They also tend to have the puck more and have defenders closer to them which increases the chances for penalties.

as don pointed out its not crosby's fault (assuming those calls were made only because of crosby) its the league's fault for terrible/biased officiating. Crosby is the best player in the league. He is a one man scoring line, and he has been developing an edge to his game.

Crosby didn't just fall - he dove, that's why people are getting on him. If it was Peter Forsberg or any member of the Carolina Hurricanes we'd all be getting on them too.

It may have been one of the ten worst calls of the season, but since the Rangers were the ones that got screwed I can't love it enough - a bit of poetic justice after the crap Avery and Backman were pulling in our series.

Edited by NJDevs26

I don't really know why everyone hates Crosby on this board. Obviously he's really good, and he plays for another team in our own division - I get that. But I really think all the hype of Crosby being a soft, diving, pretty boy are way overblown. Does he throw around his body like Ovechkin? no, thats not his game. But the more I watch this kid the more I see how good he is in just about every aspect of the game... hes playing more physical lately digging pucks out, he sees the ice better than anyone, and most importantly hes a great decision maker. If the team is all over him he's not afraid to dish the puck to an open teamate but hes also not afraid to take over himself when the situation dictates.

I'm a devils fan, but Im also an NHL fan. If you're a big fan of the NHL I dont understand how you dont love watching the penguins - regardless of whether you like them or hate their guts. And its a lot easier to tolerate them when theyre playing the blueshirts.

I don't really know why everyone hates Crosby on this board.

I think there are a lot of hockey fans who are predisposed to be counter culture. So the league promoted Crosby as the next big thing so that group of people naturally wanted to like Ovechkin more.

It's counterculture to like a big, mean power forward who led the league in goal scoring?

It's counter culture to talk up everything great about Ovechkin and ignore anything not while ignoring Crosby's high points and only talking about his negatives. If the league had promoted Ovechkin as the next big thing I would not be surprised if things were reversed.

It certainly helps that Ovechkin has such a great personality on and off the ice. He is something that this league hasn't seen in a long time. I certainly don't hate Crosby, but I do find myself enjoying watching Ovechkin more just for the energy and excitement he brings.

Crosby is a little different. He came into the league at such a young age and got labelled as a whiner and rightfully so. Obviously that hurt him a lot. He has certainly matured, but it is going to take him some time until he digs himself out of the image he created.

Crosby didn't just fall - he dove, that's why people are getting on him. If it was Peter Forsberg or any member of the Carolina Hurricanes we'd all be getting on them too.

It may have been one of the ten worst calls of the season, but since the Rangers were the ones that got screwed I can't love it enough - a bit of poetic justice after the crap Avery and Backman were pulling in our series.

I know Crosby is an incredible talent but you have to be blind if you dont see how much of a pansy he is and all the calls he gets. Jagr had a funny post game comment about it.

It's counter culture to talk up everything great about Ovechkin and ignore anything not while ignoring Crosby's high points and only talking about his negatives. If the league had promoted Ovechkin as the next big thing I would not be surprised if things were reversed.

No way. Ovechkin plays with an edge and is very exciting. Remember his amazing performance when he broke his nose and got stitches on his face? 4 goals and 1 assist. Crosby lacks that type toughness.

crosby's come a long way from the whining emo act from his rookie season. I used to be a big critic of this, and it was fun to poke fun at.

However he has really come into his own and he has impressed me time and again in every interview...he is a good kid, and a great hard nosed hockey player.

I'm still pissed at the way the rangers ran marty...i could care less about the rangers and their problems with the officiating. They should be grateful they got the drury goal on what was clearly a high stick.

Edited by ice dog

crosby's come a long way from the whining emo act from his rookie season. I used to be a big critic of this, and it was fun to poke fun at.

However he has really come into his own and he has impressed me time and again in every interview...he is a good kid, and a great hard nosed hockey player.

I'm still pissed at the way the rangers ran marty...i could care less about the rangers and their problems with the officiating. They should be grateful they got the drury goal on what was clearly a high stick.

that was a high stick without question