Zach Parise named alternate captain of team USA

NJDevsFireOnIce

Devils forward Zach Parise has been named an alternate captain of the 2008 U.S. Men's National Team, it was announced on Monday.

Tampa Bay's Jeff Halpern was named team captain, while Boston's Mark Stuart was also selected as an alternate.

linkadoo

CONGRATS ZACH!!

Edited by NJDevsFireOnIce

Congrats Zach..too bad you're getting your as$ owned by Team Canada....:)

:dance: Good for Zach, here's hoping that he can help lead US hockey back to the promised land. Still kinda pissed @ DP for turning down the invite. Not real confident w/Robert Esche in goal for us, but oh well. He did get us to the frozen`4 in 2004. (World Cup) Edited by Beezer34

Parise is deffinatley then next captin of this devils team, no question, just a matter of time.

Congrats Zach, this just emphsises how much he has come on in such a short time.

Im gonna have to try and get my hands on a Team USA parise A jersey, that would be sweet.

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9

Parise is deffinatley then next captin of this devils team, no question, just a matter of time.

Agreed...although I really like Langs as cap. I just hope we lock Zach up for a loooooooong time in a Devs uniform.

That's awsome! Maybe that will encourage the Devils to put an A on his shoulder next year.

I hope so, this kid deserves it.

Good job Zach. Now bring home a medal!

I didn't know silver/bronze were real medals..:P