Avery Taken to Hospital

devlman

Lacerated Spleen, according to TSN:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=236340&amp...s=secStory_main

Sean Avery has a lacerated spleen and will be out the remainder of the season, sources tell TSN.

The source went on to say that the laceration was detected with a CT scan after Avery was taken to hospital following the Game 3 with the Penguins.

aww, that's no fun

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The Rangers have a 400-12 record while Avery is in the lineup blahblahblahblah"

Open the flood gates. The Rangers will be swept because Avery's not in the line up.

I wish this happened after Game 4. I really wanted to see this jerkoff on the losing side of the hand shake.

Yikes, cardiac arrest :huh:

Hope he has a full recovery. I think the classy thing for Brodeur to do is to send him a get well card and some balloons. I'm serious, it would make him seem like less of a sore loser after the handshake snub.

Didn't Lindros have something similar happen to him years ago, when he was found unconscious in a bath tub?

I wonder how he suffered the injury. Could've been Brodeur whacking him with his stick.

Edited by '7'

Yikes, cardiac arrest :huh:

Hope he has a full recovery. I think the classy thing for Brodeur to do is to send him a get well card and some balloons. I'm serious, it would make him seem like less of a sore loser after the handshake snub.

Wow, this all happened at 3am. Wow!

The villains and heroes created in pro-sports are like characters on a movie screen. Human health shouldn't be laughed at - lest you wish the same upon yourself - and I certainly hope Sean recovers quickly, is okay, and can play hockey again very, very soon. Whether you love or hate this guy, he is an extremely hard worker, gives his all every shift, and has created constant headlines in a sport that most of the world has come to simply ignore. Get well soon.

Didn't Lindros have something similar happen to him years ago, when he was found unconscious in a bath tub?

The only one I can recall having a spleen injury was when Peter Forsberg ruptured his while eating dinner on an off day during the 2001 Western Confrence Finals. As I remember it, that Avalanche team did okay without him.

Call it whatever you want... call it my own personal bitter cause there's some fool in Maplewood who imitates every idiot act he does, call it personal annoyance... call it me expecting it to be an OD or something really dumb

I can't get it in me to feel bad for the guy or wish him well... I know I'm an ass anyway... so screw it

karma's a bitch buddy.....

teeheehee youre silly

The only one I can recall having a spleen injury was when Peter Forsberg ruptured his while eating dinner on an off day during the 2001 Western Confrence Finals. As I remember it, that Avalanche team did okay without him.

Av's got their a$$ handed to them, but ROY won the Cup by himself. I still cringe thinking back to game 6.

More Daily News info:

Avery's mother, Marlene, told the Toronto Sun that her son had a collision with a Pittsburgh defenseman in the first period and played the rest of the game with a lacerated spleen.

Avery's agent Pat Morris said the fiesty winger won't play again this season even if the Rangers are able to extend their second-round playoff series beyond Thursday.

And, finally, from TSN again:

"He's stable and everything is going to be okay," a team source told TSN.

Avery suffered the injury during Game 3 but the Rangers are unsure of exactly when it occurred. The winger's pain got continuously worse during the game and became more of an issue when play concluded. Team doctor, Dr. Andrew Feldman, suspected Avery had suffered an injury to his spleen and the pair were driven to hospital. Avery entered the hospital under his own power.

According to the team source, Avery never lost consciousness and never stopped breathing, and his condition was never considered life threatening.

Conflicting accounts, but why do I tend to believe TSN over Daily News....?

Edited by thelastonealive

Well the good thing is, he doesnt have a brain so he couldnt have it damaged by the lack of oxygen....too soon? He will be just fine and ready to be his jackass self next season. I am sure it was a very scary situation at first but they know what the problem is and he is expected to make a full recovery.

You're pathetic. turn off the TV for a while and experience some real life. Hockey is a game, a person being in the hospital is not.

wow thanks. guess you missed the part where i said i hope he comes back to play hockey.

should i get upset every time someone is admitted to the hospital? guess so. who's first? john q. smith of manchester, connecticut - very sorry about that broken leg, i'm tearing up - hope your family is doing okay.

Edited by Triumph

wow thanks. guess you missed the part where i said i hope he comes back to play hockey.

should i get upset every time someone is admitted to the hospital? guess so. who's first? john q. smith of manchester, connecticut - very sorry about that broken leg, i'm tearing up - hope your family is doing okay.

I'm not expecting it to ruin your day, but when you do hear about stuff like this, there's no reason to show any less compassion for him as opposed to anyone else.

I'm not expecting it to ruin your day, but when you do hear about stuff like this, there's no reason to show any less compassion for him as opposed to anyone else.

Where does it say that people have to compassionate? I would never wish death on anyone nor would I wish Sean Avery's livelihood to be taken from him, but on the other hand, I dont have to feel bad that he got injured.

According to the team source, Avery never lost consciousness and never stopped breathing, and his condition was never considered life threatening.

I was wondering how we got from unconsious and not breathing to a lacerated spleen. I mean the latter is certainly serious but it ain't 'unconcious and not breathing'.

Now that things have stablized....

I will miss seeing him on the other side of the handshake line. But there's always next year....

I wonder who did it.

I understand that. I'm just saying that you shouldn't feel less compassion for him than you would for anyone else.

I feel no compassion for him whatsoever. Like I said, I would never wish anyone to be killed or injured but if they do get injured, especially since he is only going to miss 1 game (the rest of their season), I couldn't care in the least.

Edited by DevRickus