• Wings in 4
    • Wings in 5
    • Wings in 6
    • Wings in 7
    • Stars in 4
    • Stars in 5
    • Stars in 6
    • Stars in 7

Detroit has basically gotten a free pass in the playoffs (being the #1 is huge benefit here).

Nashville barely made the playoffs, Av's had too many injuries too overcome and a goalie who played like he had the flu.

Dallas will be the strongest team that Detroit has faced the entire playoffs... and they are only now getting healthy. This will be a great series, but I think Dallas is just a tad stronger in terms of depth and goaltending.

and Detroit will be the strongest team that Dallas has faced in the entire playoffs. Dallas beat an Anaheim team that put themselves into a hole with how many penalties they took in the first 2 games and a Sharks team that didn't start playing like the Sharks until game 3 of the series. Dallas and Detroit both took advantage of their situations. Yes Detroit played a sick and unhealthy Avs team but the Wings did exactly what they should have done and swept them and beat them up pretty good.

It should be a good series but Detroit is no where near as soft and old as everyone likes to say they are.

Corrected for accuracy!!!

And to go back to quality of opponent.... Dallas beat the same Anaheim team that beat up Detroit last year and more then likely the way Nabby has been playing he steals the series against Detroit

Oh please this years Anaheim team wasn't the same as last years, not by a long shot.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you are believe in the stereotype of Detroit being old and soft way too much. Did you guys actually watch their games? Kronwall was hitting everything in sight, most of their guys aren't that old either. San Jose couldn't finish worth a sh!t, I don't care how good Turco was, Detroits snipers put most of those chances in 99% of the time.

Dallas barely got by the Sharks and they were holding on for dear life last night. They aren't that great.

Not for nothing SH the Sharks were the second best team in the NHL behind the Red Wings with 108 points. Stars took a 3-0 lead in that series on that good team and Nabakov. Then as a good team should they cameback and one a game and was handed another by the refs and Toronto. Turco was outstanding in this series and in Game 6. I wouldn't say barely here. It was a big series win for a team who has not been in the WCF in 8-years. The Stars are back and good. I see the Stars beating the Red Wings outright here. I will take Turco over Osgood under any pressure situation this year and in the WCF. Turco has been there so far and Osgood has not. He had the easier road here to the WCF unlike Turco and the Stars. Stars beat the defending SCC in the Ducks who were the 3rd best team in the WC and now the Stars beat the 2nd best so that shows the Stars are a good team and next up is taking out the #1 team in the WC which is the Red Wings. ;)

Detroit has basically gotten a free pass in the playoffs (being the #1 is huge benefit here).

Nashville barely made the playoffs, Av's had too many injuries too overcome and a goalie who played like he had the flu.

Dallas will be the strongest team that Detroit has faced the entire playoffs... and they are only now getting healthy. This will be a great series, but I think Dallas is just a tad stronger in terms of depth and goaltending.

Agree here and the Stars could have Boucher back for the WCF along with Stu Barnes which makes them even better.

EXACTLY! Dallas played Nashville and a minor-league version of the Avs. The stars handled the Cup Champion Ducks and eliminated the team who was supposed to win the Cup! Who cares if they almost blew it and had to play a 7th game? Dallas has had the toughest road BAR NONE! Nabby is probably gonna win the Vezina as well. I do give the edge to the Stars, as they have all the right pieces to compete with Detroit and i think we finally see Osgood pulled in a game this series. Did you see Turco in the marathon game last night??!

Disagree.

Brodeur I believe will still win the Vezina considering he took the Devils to the playoffs and had another 40-win season. :evil:

Nabakov will finish second.

I will take Turco over Osgood under any pressure situation this year and in the WCF.

Why? What has Turco ever won? This is his first time in the WCF. Osgood has won a cup before and has looked calm throughout the playoffs.

I'm hoping the Wings sweep now. I'm sick of this Dallas love.

and Detroit will be the strongest team that Dallas has faced in the entire playoffs. Dallas beat an Anaheim team that put themselves into a hole with how many penalties they took in the first 2 games and a Sharks team that didn't start playing like the Sharks until game 3 of the series. Dallas and Detroit both took advantage of their situations. Yes Detroit played a sick and unhealthy Avs team but the Wings did exactly what they should have done and swept them and beat them up pretty good.

It should be a good series but Detroit is no where near as soft and old as everyone likes to say they are.

Oh please this years Anaheim team wasn't the same as last years, not by a long shot.

SH, a win is a win and a series win is a series win and the Stars by far has had the tougher road to the WCF.

Red Wings are going to go down in flames and I am going to laugh my ass off because I hate the Red Wings with a passion. Plus I am not going to ride their band wagon here like most are because they were the #1 team and had the best record in the NHL and they rolled over some pretty bad playoff teams. Stars will be the better team and Turco will be the better goalie as the Red Wings will meet their match here in the WCF. :)

Turco > Osgood

Why? What has Turco ever won? This is his first time in the WCF. Osgood has won a cup before and has looked calm throughout the playoffs.

WHO CARES IF TURCO HAS EVER WON! At this point, Turco has stood on his head and I could care less if he has won a Cup! 61 saves last night!!! Yea, Osgood has looked calm because he really HAS NOT BEEN TESTED! He will be pulled in at least one game this series -guaranteed. I picked Dallas to beat Anaheim as most did not, and I picked them over the Sharks. Now I pick them to beat the Wings and go on to handle the Penguins in 6.

SH, a win is a win and a series win is a series win and the Stars by far has had the tougher road to the WCF.

Red Wings are going to go down in flames and I am going to laugh my ass off because I hate the Red Wings with a passion. Plus I am not going to ride their band wagon here like most are because they were the #1 team and had the best record in the NHL and they rolled over some pretty bad playoff teams. Stars will be the better team and Turco will be the better goalie as the Red Wings will meet their match here in the WCF. :)

Turco > Osgood

We shall see. I was hoping to sweep you in the semifinals but you ended up getting one win. :P

You wanted the Avs, Habs, Stars and I wanted the Wings, Flyers, Sharks.

We both wanted the Pens so that doesn't count. :koolaid:

I'm hoping the Stars sweep now. I'm sick of this Detroit love.

Fixed! :P

Yeah I hear you there with all this Red Wings love all season long and in these playoffs. It is Turco's year and the Red Wings are going down. Osgood will have a hard time with the Stars offense which is way better than the Predators and the Avs who BTW most of their players were hurt.

Edited by SatansDevils

WHO CARES IF TURCO HAS EVER WON! At this point, Turco has stood on his head and I could care less if he has won a Cup! 61 saves last night!!! Yea, Osgood has looked calm because he really HAS NOT BEEN TESTED! He will be pulled in at least one game this series -guaranteed. I picked Dallas to beat Anaheim as most did not, and I picked them over the Sharks. Now I pick them to beat the Wings and go on to handle the Penguins in 6.

The Wings would have finished that game in OT last night unlike the Sharks.

I'll go on to guarantee that Osgood won't be pulled in 1 game this series.

We shall see. I was hoping to sweep you in the semifinals but you ended up getting one win. :P

You wanted the Avs, Habs, Stars and I wanted the Wings, Flyers, Sharks.

We both wanted the Pens so that doesn't count. :koolaid:

Hey this is fun and we shall see. We did agree on the Penguins. :P

I will pick any team against the Flyers and the Red Wings because of my hatred for years for them. I hate the Habs too but can NEVER root for the Flyers being a Devils fan so it was the lesser of two evils for me there in that series. Like I said before, I like the Sharks but unfortunately they had to play the Stars who I like better in the WC therefore had to root for the Stars. :evil:

The Wings would have finished that game in OT last night unlike the Sharks.

I'll go on to guarantee that Osgood won't be pulled in 1 game this series.

If it wasn't for a bad call by the refs and Toronto in Game 5, the Stars would have won in 5. ;)

I am guessing we will see Osgood pulled for Hasek in one of the games in the WCF.

or Flyers sweep Detroit for revenge of the Wings sweep of them in 97. That has no chance of happening though.

Hey I agree with you there! :P

Because the Stars will win over the Red Wings in 6-games. Maybe 5-games.

The Stars will expose Osgood and some of the real old players on that team. Like Crasher said, the Red Wings are paper soft and agree with him that they will be exposed here. The longer the series goes the more Turco and the Stars have the advantage. Turco is on this year in the playoffs and he is going to get his first SCC. If not, I see the Penguins winning the SC.

!

Osgood has been rock solid the whole season, I somehow doubt the Stars will "expose" him. If you are implying he is soft because he is old, I will remind you that Brodeur is 35 as well. Even if Osgood was run over by a raindeer, they still have Hasek. It will be an interesting serious but the Wings are simply the better team.

Edited by Biggie B

I don't think ANYONE aside from you have said ANYTHING about Detroit being soft.

Than you didn't even read this thread...

Stars in 5... the paper soft fraud in Detroit is exposed, like it was this time last year
The Stars will expose Osgood and some of the real old players on that team. Like Crasher said, the Red Wings are paper soft and agree with him that they will be exposed here. The longer the series goes the more Turco and the Stars have the advantage. Turco is on this year in the playoffs and he is going to get his first SCC. If not, I see the Penguins winning the SC.
Edited by Satans Hockey

Pens in 5

Sorry Flyers, not gettin 2 softies a game in this series.

and Biron will be lucky to have a GAA of under 4.

Stars in 6

Wings in for a big shock-Stars are battle tested and ready.

Wings haven't been in a real game yet.

SCF

Stars in 6 over Pens

Stars know how to grind out wins-better team D, goalie

also Pens will be worn down/beaten up somewhat from playing Philly.

Stars in 6.

Wings have played two AHL teams so far in the playoffs, the Stars have speed, goaltending, clutch scoring, oh, and a decent defense, they have a pretty good goalie too, by the time the Wings recover from the initial shock, they'll start to play, but by then the Stars will be up by two games.

Flyers in 6.

The difference between the Rangers and Senators is that the Flyers will actually hit Malkin and Crosby and Hossa, it is the perfect antidote for a run and gun team, the Pens defense has yet to be tested, who knows maybe they are good, but containing Richards and Knuble and Umberger will be a real test, and Biron is lights out right now.

You know, I am not happy with the choices I have left. Think about this:

West:

Rooting for the Wings is like rooting for a yacht and also, there's Hasek to consider, and Chelios. The rest of them I don't mind, and Rafalski, of course, it would be nice for him to win, but still. Just can't get into it.

I actually don't object to the Stars, overall, the players on the ice, that is, although Ribiero is still an annoying little SOB, but I don't want any team with Brett Hull as the GM to win. Sigh. Even if it would be a really nice thing for Marty Turco after all those horrible playoff disasters.

East:

Well, the Flyers are the Flyers. I believe the best I can say about them is (a) they aren't the Rangers and (b) their fans absolutely stuck with them as the ship went under last year. However, that doesn't mean I am going to root for the team now.

But, now that the Pens have beaten the hated Rangers, I can go back to hoping that the ever annoying Sid Crosby somehow trips over his own skates (with nobody within twelve feet of him, because the player, even if it is on his own team, would be hauled off and executed by Colin Campbell), spears himself in the ass and disappears for the rest of the playoffs. The rest of the team doesn't really bother me, I like Malkin very much, although you don't want an actual picture of the goalie with his helmet off. I think you turn to stone if you view it.

Ummm...so...can we have new teams????

A lot of folks here seem to think that if they post a prediction here over an over it will come true.

Sort of like a proclamation.

One thing is for sure, if DAL and DET meet in the finals it will be a GREAT series, talentwise, it will not be easy or a sweep by any team.

A couple of observations:

- Seeds mean nothing, I don't care who was ranked w/who, take a look, did anyone thin that the Flyers would beat the might Habs?

I like a DAL a lot, but need to cite a few corrections.

- The ANAHEIM team they beat WAS NOT the same team as last year. The offense was de-toothed, minus Penner & MCdonald - that affect a lot of production. ..and their vaunted 2 starting goalie tandem of Bryz/Puff was broken up (even though Hiller is coming along). If you ACTUALLY watched more than a few games of ths team, you'd have seen how little they resemble last years team.

DET is in no way SOFT, or Old.

- Their offense an defense is the best in the league. They have 2 starting goalies. What happens if someone gets in Turco's head...who's their backup?

- Franzen is a lockdown CONN SMythe canidate if he continues in this vien.

Either way - it wwould be a great series!!!!!!!!

Also, I think there are going to be a lot of dissappointed DEvils fans when Nabby wins the Vezina ths year. IF only all the voters came to this site to see how often people post "Brodeur will win the Vezina" to see which way they should be voting. Either canidate is truly worthy.

I thought Turco was Belfours backup and got some action in the cough syrup game, but I just looked it up and realized that was Manny Fernandez (Turco became Eddy's backup the following year).

I hope you aren't putting money on that....lol

Well i did pick the Flyers in 6 over the Habs when most didnt. I think the Biron is playing better than Fluery at the moment and i never go against the hot goalie.

Detriot isnt ready for the Stars. Dallas is much stronger overall and despite Osgood playing well, I think Turco takes him.