Any Season Ticket Holders?

yankeesjetsfan

Hi all,

I was thinking of picking up season tickets for the 2008-09 season and was wondering what are the advantages of being a season ticket holder. I have never been a season ticket holder and I'm really considering becoming one for the Devils.

Hi all,

I was thinking of picking up season tickets for the 2008-09 season and was wondering what are the advantages of being a season ticket holder. I have never been a season ticket holder and I'm really considering becoming one for the Devils.

If you're going to every game anyway then one advantage is you get the tickets at less than face value. You also have the opportunity to purchase pre-paid parking passes which guarentee you parking and can be nice. You get the same seat for all the games. Priority purchase on keeping your seats for the playoffs. Also you can purchase additional tickets to games before the season starts before they go on public sale.

If you're planning on sitting in the club or platinum seats then there are a lot of extra incentives. I think the Devils website probably has a link that gives their reasons for why people should get season tickets.

Hi all,

Pretty much what Devils731 said. I had a partial plan, which is nice if you don't expect to make all 41 games. You can select a minimum of 8 games of your choice, though your seats won't be in the same place each time. You can pick different numbers of seats and different price levels if you want (for example, for opening night I took 3 tickets in the $65 range, for most other games I took 2 tickets in the $20-25 range), so the flexability is nice. My only complaint there is that there's very little extra stuff - we were invited to the season ticket holder open house at The Rock before the season started, but that was about it.

I'm probably going to do the flex plan again and just pick up games that are likely to sell out, and then use the group discount codes that are likely to come out again to fill in the blanks.

I was a first-time season ticket holder this year and less than impressed... while other teams have fun things for season ticket holders including holder-parties, gifts (although the glasses we recieved last year weren't too shabby), events, and other fun things, the Devils ticket's don't exactly reek with benefits. You have the oppurtunity to buy SELECT show tickets in advance, and you get to meet a great group of people (usually) sitting around you, but other than that you might as well just go to the games you feel like and buying the 10 dollar seats and moving to the hundred dollar empty ones, tbh.

Yeah I was a first-time STH this year too...very little in terms of benefits, no extra games, no bar privileges, no perks. You want a list of STH perks, check out the Dallas Stars benefits. Wow, if it wasn't Texas, I would consider moving there just for that.

I'm also considering becoming a first-time STH this season. Does anyone know if any $10 seats are available for that? Or is $20 as low as they go? Also, doesn't being a STH give you full access to the entire Goal Bar (whereas regular ticket holders get the half of the bar without a bathroom and have to leave before the puck drops)?

I'm also considering becoming a first-time STH this season. Does anyone know if any $10 seats are available for that? Or is $20 as low as they go? Also, doesn't being a STH give you full access to the entire Goal Bar (whereas regular ticket holders get the half of the bar without a bathroom and have to leave before the puck drops)?

The other half of the Goal Bar is for suite ticket holders, not season ticket holders...

I've had season tickets for many many years and the Devils have never been great when it comes to perks. I personally don't give a sh!t about that kinda stuff. I like having the same seat for every game but I'm also the type of person who shows up right before the puck drops and sits in my seat for the entire game and leaves as soon as the 3 stars are announced. I've never really cared about any of the other stuff.

you know what would be nice...

a STH card, that gets you 15% off in the store and 10% off on the damn food in the place

I'd actually eat and spend more in the building that way :P

I don't know if you could really call this a perk, but for games that were "sold" out in the devils ticket database, I found tickets on ticketmaster in my price range. I could call my ticket rep and he would get the tickets for me without the TM fees.