(Not Just Summer) Concerts!

thelastonealive

Concerts I'm planning on hitting this summer:

May 31st - Stone Temple Pilots/Filter/Ashes Divide - PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel, NJ

June 23rd - Coldplay - Madison Square Garden, New York, NY

July 15th - Eve 6 - Starland Ballroom, Sayreville, NJ

July 16th - Eve 6 - House Of Blues, Atlantic City, NJ (Cancelled :( )

July 26th - Filter - Starland Ballroom, Sayreville, NJ

August 9th - All Points West, Day 2 (Radiohead, Kings of Leon) - Liberty Park, Jersey City, NJ

August 12th - Poison, Dokken, Sebastian Bach - PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel, NJ

August 18th - The Faint - Terminal 5, New York, NY

Throw in Foo Fighters, Nine Inch Nails, and Toms River Fest (second day only, with Live & Collective Soul - going back to my 90s obsession of late)as possibilities as well.

I should also note that Bon Jovi and Poison/Dokken/Bach are for a friend, not so much me...

So I've posted mine now, what's on your concert calendar?

Edited by thelastonealive

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cruefest in August...I can't freaking wait!

Kid Rock is coming and I'm gonna get some tickets..yup gonna see him 10 years after he's cool!

6/1 - Lil Wayne @ Giants Stadium

6/8 - Lil Wayne in AC

6/24 - Bayside/Alkaline Trio - Chameleon Club in PA

7/15 - 311/Snoop Dog in Philly

7/28 - Warped Tour - Raceway Park

and this isnt music BUT

5/21 - Jim Norton's HBO taping in Englewood NJ

8/2 - Opie And Anthony's Traveling Virus in Jersey

Edited by NJDevsFireOnIce

Cruefest in August...I can't freaking wait!

Kid Rock is coming and I'm gonna get some tickets..yup gonna see him 10 years after he's cool!

LOL!! Yeah, I saw KR at a little bar in Huntington WV way back when; didn't know who it was and thought he sucked!! :giggle: Only it seems like the next day he was all over MTV.

Anyway ... these are the shows I'm attending ... SO FAR. :dance:

Rush in Charlotte

Foo Fighters in Cleveland

Coldplay in Cleveland

NIN in Cleveland and Lexington

Blech...got to the NIN "Members Only" pre-sale a half hour too late and BAM...sold out...guess I'll have to pay out the nose for Stub Hub tickets...

Radiohead (in Dallas) - May 18th

The Cure - MSG - June 20th

John Mayer - Jones Beach - July 9th

And, for those of you about to attend the Warped tour, I salute you...I went once and I'll never go again! Spent 4 hours in a car with no A/C crawling to Asbury Park, just to see 4 bands play 30 minute sets. The best part of the day was seeing the Toasters play on the "bands nobody gives a sh!t about stage" nestled between two rows of Porta-Pottys.

Same goes for Skate and Surf...to many scenesters and not enough good music to make the headache worth it.

I may try to catch that show in this area. Alkaline Trio has a new song up on their myspace. It's pretty good.

fancy!

And, for those of you about to attend the Warped tour, I salute you...I went once and I'll never go again! Spent 4 hours in a car with no A/C crawling to Asbury Park, just to see 4 bands play 30 minute sets. The best part of the day was seeing the Toasters play on the "bands nobody gives a sh!t about stage" nestled between two rows of Porta-Pottys.

That's why whenever I go, I go very early or very late. You run the risk of not seeing the band you want to see if you go very late (a big problem for me, because there's usually only one or two of 'em), but there's always a few bands that you wouldn't give any consideration to that turn out to be worth seeing in the end (The Sounds and Gogol Bordello, last time).

5/21 - Jim Norton's HBO taping in Englewood NJ

8/2 - Opie And Anthony's Traveling Virus in Jersey

Did you go to last year's Traveling Virus? It was a blast...great stuff. I won't be going this year 'cause my wife will be 8.5 months pregnant by then.

August 12th - Poison, Dokken, Sebastian Bach - PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel, NJ

I saw Dokken at the since-demolished Trade Winds in Sea Bright a few years ago. It was scary, although Dokken sounded good...90% of the people attending looked like they just got out of a DeLorean from 1987. Mullets, jeans jackets w/backpatches, acid-washed jeans, women with "nests" (the look that was all the rage from the late 80s-early 90s when girls used to cut their bangs short and hair-spray them upward). Suffice it to say that some of the ladies were wearing outfits that they no longer had any business wearing. At the very least, it did make for some hilarious people-watching.

I'm going to see Iron Maiden at PNC on June 14th.

I was planning on going to Ozzfest again, but that's just going to be a one-day event in Dallas this year. :angry:

I too am going to see Iron Maiden on June 14.

Plus, next Friday, May 23, I'll be at MSG for the Van Halen concert. I heard that they will be taping for a DVD.

This is the second leg of their reunion tour (minus Michael Anthony). I also saw them on the first leg at the Izod Center in November. I had waited over 20 years to see Davild Lee Roth and Eddie Van Halen on stage together and had a blast.

Im seeing Radiohead, Kings of Leon, Jack Johnson, John Mayer, Brett Dennen and a few more this summer. Cant wait.

You're gonna be at the second day of All Points West?

How're you getting there? I'm having a hell of a time find a convienant method of transport. You have to have at least 4 people in the car to even be able to park at the venue. Everything else is shuttle buses and ferries. It's making me nuts.

For Me:

May 20- Laura Veirs, NYC

May 28- KT Tunstall, NYC

June 2- Dave Matthews Band, Camden NJ

June 3- Dave Matthews Band, Camden NJ

June 19- Matt Wertz, NYC

June 20- Ace Enders/Cute Is What We Aim For (going for Ace), Asbury Park NJ

June 23- Jenny Owen Youngs, Brooklyn

July 9- John Mayer, Jones Beach

July 28- Warped Tour, Englishtown NJ

August 10- August 1, Holmdel NJ

I'm not big on concerts but I'm going to the American Idol one at Hartford in August, got seats with a friend like ten rows from the stage.

:boogie: I can't stand American Idol, but to each their own.

On another note, I decided against the Coldplay show. $89.50+ for average seats, at best??? No thanks ... I'm not THAT big a fan!!!

Besides, last summer I paid just a little more to see the Police at Churchill Downs. :noclue: