thelastonealive

311/Snoop Dog yo. July 15 in Philly

Warped Tour - July 28th Englishtown NJ

Edited by NJDevsFireOnIce

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was so soaked that all my money in my wallet was sticking together. I couldn't tell if I was handing the guy the right amount or more than I should have. The guy next to me at the shirt stand was one of the people sliding down the lawn area like it was a big slip and slide. He was covered in mud and so was all his money. He had to wipe mud off the bills to see what they were haha.

Nonstop rain the whole show. I was absolutely DRENCHED!!! One of my longtime buds and I were standing way in the back right next to where guys & girls were doing the whole slip&slide thing down the lawn. ... It was funny, everyone 30 seconds or so, you'd hear a big WHOOSH as someone slid down the hill.

Maiden was great, of course.

Here's a blog on the show by one of the K-Rock DJs: http://www.923krock.com/pages/1505678.php

One thing, though, what's the deal with PNC not opening the parking lot until 5 o'clock???

I got down there around 3:00 with a cooler full of beers and some food, ready to tailgate for the afternoon, and all of a sudden I see the parking lot's empty! I ask some kid who works there and he says that they were not opening the parking lot until 5:00 -- to cut down on the drinking. That was total bullsh!t! Cars were driving around in circles, not knowing where to go. ... Luckily, we pulled into some nearby PNC maintenance worker parking lot, where about 10-20 other cars were parked, and hung out there for about an hour and a half, until a state trooper pulled in and cleared everybody out. By that time, it was already 4:45, so we got a close spot near the front of the line to the parking lot and were able to park shortly thereafter. ... But the whole situation is a complete joke, if you ask me. If that's the way it is going to be, PNC needs to do a better job of announcing it.

So be warned: anyone going to any shows at PNC this summer, the parking lot might not open until 5:00. You should probably call first, just to be sure.

Edited by 95Crash

you didnt want the 50 dollar t Shirt? LOL aare you kidding me 50 dollars!!! couldnt believe that one.

I thought maiden was awesome.. I wasnt impressed with Trivium but they were OK. lauren Harris was decent too, good luck to her.

Yeah I saw that Iron Maiden t-shirt for $50. :blink: That is insane but some people were buying them. It had the Trooper on the front with some nice art all over the t-shirt and had Eddie on the back which looked like the faded look but for $50 there was no way! I got the Statue of Liberty one for $35 before the show and it was a good thing because they did run out of them after the show. :evil:

I thought Trivium was pretty good and happen to like their music. Maybe it was the sound system the further you sit back but I was in 102, Row G which was 6 rows from the stage and they sounded good from being that close to the stage. :noclue: Lauren Harris was decent and she is full of energy.

Wow, how have I not seen this thread until now?

Only two shows for me this summer. Saw STP at PNC (took forever for them to come out and Weiland wasn't his typical self out there, but they still ROCKED!) and I'm going to see Clutch in AC on August 2. Any other Gearheads out there?

Wow, how have I not seen this thread until now?

Only two shows for me this summer. Saw STP at PNC (took forever for them to come out and Weiland wasn't his typical self out there, but they still ROCKED!) and I'm going to see Clutch in AC on August 2. Any other Gearheads out there?

I like Clutch a little, but that's mostly because I recently learned that one of the band members' sister is Mary Alice from Ace of Cakes :lol:

I was at the STP show as well. It was definately interesting. We almost left when the crowd started chanting BULLsh!t! BULLsh!t! because I thought there was gonna be a riot and my friend physically could not handle being in such an enviornment. Luckily the went on right before we got to the lawn area, so we went back to our seats. Left early anyway and just listened to the last five or six songs from the parking lot, which was still pretty fun.

I like Clutch a little, but that's mostly because I recently learned that one of the band members' sister is Mary Alice from Ace of Cakes :lol:

I was at the STP show as well. It was definately interesting. We almost left when the crowd started chanting BULLsh!t! BULLsh!t! because I thought there was gonna be a riot and my friend physically could not handle being in such an enviornment. Luckily the went on right before we got to the lawn area, so we went back to our seats. Left early anyway and just listened to the last five or six songs from the parking lot, which was still pretty fun.

Check this out. http://www.foundrymusic.com/media/displaymedia.cfm/id/18262/ O&A give an explanation for why it took so long for STP to come out. If this kind of stuff keeps up, then this reunion might not last too long.

It actually took a couple years of constant pestering from one of my closest friends and my dad to get me to give Clutch an honest try, and I haven't stopped listening to them since. Sick band. And they're one of the few that actually sound better live than on CD. If you're interested, give Blast Tyrant a listen. And if you know any good, free file sharing websites I could post some stuff for you.

It actually took a couple years of constant pestering from one of my closest friends and my dad to get me to give Clutch an honest try, and I haven't stopped listening to them since. Sick band. And they're one of the few that actually sound better live than on CD. If you're interested, give Blast Tyrant a listen. And if you know any good, free file sharing websites I could post some stuff for you.

I saw them open up for Biohazard, I think, about 12 or so years ago; I don't remember the year exactly. Spacegrass is a cool song. I like that whole CD. It's the only one I have.

Coldplay was really stellar. I was shocked. The show was free and it's the first of their tour, so they seemed really loose and fun. Very impressive, was actually disappointed when they ended it because it felt like it ended to soon (no encore).

Near the end of the show they all left the stage and went up to the walkway directly behind where I was sitting in section 66 or 67 to perform Yellow.

I gotta say, I was never much of a Coldplay fan and didn't expect much from the show, but it was REAL friggin good.

Coldplay was really stellar. I was shocked. The show was free and it's the first of their tour, so they seemed really loose and fun. Very impressive, was actually disappointed when they ended it because it felt like it ended to soon (no encore).

Near the end of the show they all left the stage and went up to the walkway directly behind where I was sitting in section 66 or 67 to perform Yellow.

I gotta say, I was never much of a Coldplay fan and didn't expect much from the show, but it was REAL friggin good.

I was never a Coldplay fan either. But I got dragged along to see them at PNC a couple of years ago, and same as you, I thought they were pretty good.

• 3 weeks later...

going to Theory of A Deadman start of August....only cuz my friend is in love with the singer...meh nothing a little (lot) of alcohol can't make fun

Anyone go to see Eve6 last night at Starland? Awesome show!

And my 311/Snoop show is Saturday. Lemme know how it was.

I had a fvckin' blast at Eve 6. My only regret is that they ran out of shirts in my size by the time I went to buy one. But besides that, the show was stellar, I was with my two best friends who instantly hit it off (they had never hung out before), and we all got nicely drunk. The show itself was stellar too, I said to my one friend when they finished Leech, I had been waiting ten years to see that song performed live. I wish the Atlantic City show hadn't been cancelled for tonight, I'd be in AC right now.

I was kinda disappointed with the crowd when they started it off. Rescue is a great song to get the crowd going though. I rocking out the whole time near the sound booth in the back the whole night. I loved the three song encore and I'm so glad they closed it up with Amphetamines. That was probably my favortie song off Horrorscope. And god bless Max for Open Road Song!

I saw them randomly like six years ago at Croc Rock in Allentown. That was a lot of fun too but last night was definitely better. How'd you feel about them mixing Inside Out with their SugiTap song? I thought it was a pretty nice fit/transition. I really dig their stuff from the SugiTap EP.

That sucks that it's cancelled tonight. My brother is going to be very disappointed. He was going to join me last night but he had to move to Mays Landing then and now the show he was going to see won't be happening.