(Not Just Summer) Concerts!

thelastonealive

I was kinda disappointed with the crowd when they started it off. Rescue is a great song to get the crowd going though. I rocking out the whole time near the sound booth in the back the whole night. I loved the three song encore and I'm so glad they closed it up with Amphetamines. That was probably my favortie song off Horrorscope. And god bless Max for Open Road Song!

I saw them randomly like six years ago at Croc Rock in Allentown. That was a lot of fun too but last night was definitely better. How'd you feel about them mixing Inside Out with their SugiTap song? I thought it was a pretty nice fit/transition. I really dig their stuff from the SugiTap EP.

That sucks that it's cancelled tonight. My brother is going to be very disappointed. He was going to join me last night but he had to move to Mays Landing then and now the show he was going to see won't be happening.

I didn't recognise the Sugi Tap song, I never gave that incarnation of them much of a chance. Clearly I need to go back and check it out though. I was REALLY impressed with the two new songs, it gives me great hope that the new CD, if it's ever released (Max said MAYBE 2009 but they couldn't promise anything when we were talkign to him post-show). The first one (Little Tiny Everything)reminded me very much of Horrorscope-era Eve 6, just a little more mature, which is awesome. Do you know offhand if the SugiTap EP ever recieved a proper release or if it's an internet only thing?

I was hanging out at the bar arena to the left of the stage, though we moved down during the encore. I was disappointed that they didn't play How Much Longer or Showerhead, but I was thrilled they closed with Amphetamines, so that evened it all out.

As far as the first song, I think their sound was kind of wonky through the first two or three songs, which probably had an adverse affect on the crowd. Halfway through either Promise or Open Road Song, you could hear everything finally kick in the way it was supposed to sound and everything after that was stellar. Shame Rescue was played with less-than-perfect sound, but at least they got it fixed pretty quickly.

That sucks about your brother...if it's any help, they're apparently playing at Drew University in Madison on September 6th...I can't find anything about whether it's open to the public, but since it's a Saturday night and far too early to be homecoming or something, I'd venture to guess that it should be. So there should be at least one more chance to catch them on the current tour.

BTW, the second link in my sig is a new blog myself and a friend started, dedicated to 90s alternative music. I'll have a review of the show up in a day or two on there, along with some pictures.

Edited by thelastonealive

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The two new songs he played were both SugiTap songs that I guess he adopted into Eve6. I figured that would happen since The SugiTap was Max and the drummer. It was one of those internet only releases from like Snocap or whatever that online music thing is. I have them on my computer if you want me to send them to you. Just shoot me a PM. It's like a six song EP that has the two songs they played as well as the one they mixed in with Inside Out and three other pretty sweet songs. They all sound Horrorscope esque with, like a said, a little more mature sound.

As for that blog, I'll definitely check it out. 90s Alt is my jam! (I believe you commented on my 'Pumpkins!' post in the Rock Band thread haha)

The two new songs he played were both SugiTap songs that I guess he adopted into Eve6. I figured that would happen since The SugiTap was Max and the drummer. It was one of those internet only releases from like Snocap or whatever that online music thing is. I have them on my computer if you want me to send them to you. Just shoot me a PM. It's like a six song EP that has the two songs they played as well as the one they mixed in with Inside Out and three other pretty sweet songs. They all sound Horrorscope esque with, like a said, a little more mature sound.

As for that blog, I'll definitely check it out. 90s Alt is my jam! (I believe you commented on my 'Pumpkins!' post in the Rock Band thread haha)

I'll PM you shortly, I loved what I heard last night. I had read that they were going to be using some of the SugiTap songs as Eve 6 songs going forward, I just never got around to checking it out. After last night though, I gotta hear it.

And yeah, the one I started the blog with is the girl I mentioned in the other thread, who's Pumpkins-obsessed. So I'm sure we'll have some SP-related stuff up eventually. We only just started it a month ago and are just getting into the swing of it now.

Foo Fighters coming to IZOD here in New Jersey this month.

I'm trying to get tickets to see them. I hope I can get a couple, I saw them back in February at MSG and saying they were awesome is an understatement.

it was an unbelievable show. no need to see billy again as nothing will top tonight. just pure awesomeness on every level.

agreed, just amazing amazing amazing. It couldn't have been a better show unless Lennon himself rose from the dead and played.

The DVD s gonna be awesome haha

agreed, just amazing amazing amazing. It couldn't have been a better show unless Lennon himself rose from the dead and played.

The DVD s gonna be awesome haha

wednesday's show is floating around already(audio and video). i hope last night's show will be up in a few days.

wednesday's show is floating around already(audio and video). i hope last night's show will be up in a few days.

yeah I'm sure it'll be on somewhere within the next 2 days. but the official DVD will be awesome too.

I'm still thinking about how awesome it was with Steven Tyler, Roger Daltrey and Paul McCartney

Just found out about another one ... Scott H. Biram at Asbury Lanes on August 3. That's Clutch in A.C. on the 2nd and now this on the 3rd. Might even catch the Yanks on the 1st. That's a pretty kickass weekend!

Also, Buckcherry is playing PNC on the 23rd, but I'm going to a Phils game that day. Sucks. Especially since they don't have any other shows in the area on this tour. Their new song "Too Drunk..." is pretty good too.

Just found out about another one ... Scott H. Biram at Asbury Lanes on August 3. That's Clutch in A.C. on the 2nd and now this on the 3rd. Might even catch the Yanks on the 1st. That's a pretty kickass weekend!

Also, Buckcherry is playing PNC on the 23rd, but I'm going to a Phils game that day. Sucks. Especially since they don't have any other shows in the area on this tour. Their new song "Too Drunk..." is pretty good too.

I may wind up at that show even though the entire lineup is totally not my style. A friend's going and has an extra ticket though, might be worth it just to hang out and not be working that day.

I may wind up at that show even though the entire lineup is totally not my style. A friend's going and has an extra ticket though, might be worth it just to hang out and not be working that day.

Which show, Biram or Clutch?

Woulda been smart to specify, no?

Actually I meant Buckcherry/Cruefest

Ooohh OK. Well, I guess that makes one of us going to that show. I'm not really into Crue and don't know who else is on the bill, but Buckcherry is a great live band.

Ooohh OK. Well, I guess that makes one of us going to that show. I'm not really into Crue and don't know who else is on the bill, but Buckcherry is a great live band.

The lineup is godawful, really...Motley Crue, Buckcherry (who had a great first album and have sucked ever since, at least in my opinion), Papa Roach (how have we allowed this band to exsist and thrive for TEN YEARS now?), Sixx AM, and Trapt.

But I want so badly to get out of working that night that I'm still probably gonna take her up on the ticket offer.

Yeah sixx am and trapt and some other cruddy band...I'm liking Buckcherry's new song "Too Drunk" as well..it's gonna be my anthem for the month of August:P

I'm not THAT into Crue but their shows are always good for getting wasted and signing along...

I feel the need to update my list. Not so much out of "hey lookit the cool shows I'm going to!" but more to keep myself organized. And since this is the place I look most often, it's probably best it's here:

May 31 - Stone Temple Pilots - PNC Arts Center, Holmdel

June 23 - Coldplay - Madison Square Garden, NYC

July 16 - Eve 6 - Starland Ballroom, Sayreville

July 18 - ...soihadto... - The Underscore, NYC

July 26 - Filter - Starland Ballroom, Sayreville

August 10 - Boston/Styx - PNC Arts Center, Homdel -OR-

August 10 - The Zambonis - Mercury Lounge, NYC

August 12 - Poison/Dokken - PNC Arts Center, Holmdel

August 18 - The Faint - Terminal 5, NYC

September 6 - Eve 6 - Drew University, Madison (Free show)

September 12 - The Kooks/The Wombats - Stone Pony, Asbury Park

September 13 - The Smithereens - Edison Fall Festival, Edison (Free show)

September 17 - Dandy Warhols - Terminal 5, NYC

September 19 - Bouncing Souls/Sick Of It All - Terminal 5, NYC

Edited by thelastonealive

I might go to the Aug. 9 Judas Priest/Motorhead show at PNC.

Anyone planning on arriving early to any shows at PNC should call the venue beforehand to find out what time the parking lots will be opening. Earlier this summer, I got there at 3:00PM for that night's Iron Maiden show, figuring I'd hang out for a few hours in the parking lot, eat some BBQ and put down a few beers. Unbeknownst to me, they weren't opening the parking lot until 5:00PM. I had to drive around for a while before finding a place to wait it out. ... Was not fun.

I might go to the Aug. 9 Judas Priest/Motorhead show at PNC.

Anyone planning on arriving early to any shows at PNC should call the venue beforehand to find out what time the parking lots will be opening. Earlier this summer, I got there at 3:00PM for that night's Iron Maiden show, figuring I'd hang out for a few hours in the parking lot, eat some BBQ and put down a few beers. Unbeknownst to me, they weren't opening the parking lot until 5:00PM. I had to drive around for a while before finding a place to wait it out. ... Was not fun.

I'll be at that one as well. I'm also going to see Iced Earth at Nokia Theatre in Times Square on October 16h. Not really summer but whatever.