6. Suspension

7. Just Let Go

8. Someone Elses Arms

9. Crazy 8's

10. Summertime

11. Boomerang

12. Anything

13. A Melody, A Memory

Also- The band Barcelona was missing their drummer, he had to be home or something. So they did an acoustic guitar/electric guitar mellow performance. They were amazing.

Person L with Kenny from the Starting Line was TERRIBLE

Edited by njdevil26

Blink 182/fall out boy in August....pretty pumped...hopefully it's a good show

Hmmm....

David Byrne playing for free in Prospect Park this Monday.

June 13th The Coathangers/Mika Miko at Market Hotel

June 25th Dinosaur Jr./Screaming Females at Williamsburg

July 2nd Jay Reatard at Williamsburg

Mission Of Burma for free somewhere in BK in July

August 1st: Mike Watt and Nels Cline at summerstage in Central Park.

Apparently SummerStage Central Park shows are Rain or Shine and only canceled due to dangerous lightning.

So I'm gonna be one cold wet fvcker tomorrow night.

Also:

September 27th

Starland Ballroom

Marcy's Playground, Nine Days, & Jimmie's Chicken Shack

"The Modern Rock at the Jersey Shore Reunion" honoring FM 106.3

It's like they took my (long since abandoned and never really properly launched) blog and turned it into a concert.

Finally got around to buying my 311 tickets yesterday. By chance I discovered a little deal. When buying lawn seats for a show on LiveNation.com, you don't pay any service fees if you make the purchase on a Wednesday.

also, how is it still 5.5 months til my metallica weekend ;(

us aussies are still waiting for the announcement of a tour here, so just be lucky.

you guys always get tours there, and in a lot of cases, 2 or 3 times in the same tour.

youre waiting for the concert, im waiting for it to be announced here! lol

also just bought Arch Enemy tickets for november :D

hell yeah, 3rd time seeing them, will be sweet!

Sam Roberts later this month..effin rights,Sam's the man!!

Apparently SummerStage Central Park shows are Rain or Shine and only canceled due to dangerous lightning.

So I'm gonna be one cold wet fvcker tomorrow night.

It was indeed cold and wet. And they played WAAAAAAAY too many new songs (the end of the set and the first song of the encore were probably 5 new songs in a row). Still pretty awesome, but that band needs to be experienced up close, not from the fringes of a soaking wet crowd outdoors in NYC. Meh.

Next up MAY be Eve 6 in Connecticut in a few weeks, if I can convince my friend to go. She was down for it when she was buzzed, we'll see what happens when she's sober.

The Day That Never Comes...

I talk about that concert everyday though. I can't wait.

Metallica just finished this setlist....if they play Dyers Eve for us I'll go crazy

Creeping Death

Fuel

Wherever I May Roam

Harvester Of Sorrow

Fade To Black

Cyanide

...And Justice For All

Sad But True

The Day That Never Comes

All Nightmare Long

One

Master Of Puppets

Dyers Eve

Nothing Else Matters

Enter Sandman

- - - - - - - -

The Wait

Hit The Lights

Seek and Destroy

Saw Neil Young live last night and it was awesome!!! From now on I'll go to all his shows in The Netherlands.

Unfortunately I couldn't get tickets for Pearl Jam, so my next concert is Massive Attack but that's only in October :(

Just got eight Bruce Springsteen tickets for October 8th and 9th.. Lower Levels.. 5 tickets for the 10/8 and 3 for the 10/9

Sucks for people who rushed to buy tickets for the previous week thinking it would be the last showing, and then Bruce added these 2 extra shows.. So I get to his actual last show at Giants Stadium

Went to NIN / Jane's Addiction on Saturday...prety amazing experience with the Trent Reznor meet and greet. Here's how it went down.

- Got an e-mail late Friday night saying to be by the box office at 2:15 for check in.

- Around 3:15, once everyone had been checked in, they let the $300 donors (us) in first...there was probably about 200 people there in total, half $1000/$1200 donors and the other half $300.

- Once we get in the arena, we are taken by the VIP section where we were broken up into groups of 20 to meet the band. We were in the second group out of about 5 or 6.

- Before going in, we are told that the band will be sitting at a table, will be signing on item per person and no cameras what-so-ever. We're also told there will be a photo oppurtunity after the signing, but nobody is to go "around the table" for any reason.

- We get into the VIP section, single file and one by one go up to each band member to get our item signed. The order was Rob (guitar), Justin (bass), Trent and Ian (drummer).

- Everyone was very nice, especially Rob who took a "special interest" in my girlfriend, which was entertaining.

- Being woefully unprepared, we only had our ticket for them to sign which was cool in itself. Even though you litterally got 10 seconds with each person, they all did their best to give you a "moment". It wasn't just sign and move on...each one of them asked you name, introduced themselves (even Trent) and gave you a chance to say something. I made sure to thank Trent for doing this for a great cause and he thanked me for donating. It was just cool to meet a living legend.

- Once the line was over, they got everybody together for a group shot with the band. While some people were disappointed, I think the NJ show had the most donors, so there was no way they could do individual photo ops. I'm not a big "pic with the band" kind of guy anyway, so it was fine for me.

- Once done with the meet and greet, they ushered down to the lower section to check out the soundcheck.

- Jane's Addiction soundchecked first but nobody from the band was actually there. It was just their tech guys jamming. To be honest, I know nothing about JA, so I actually thought it was them until my gf told me it wasn't. Could have fooled me...

- After abuot a half hour of setup, NIN (the full band) came on and did a 4 song soundcheck. They played Lights In The Sky, I'm Afraid of Americans (Bowie cover) and two other songs I don't know the titles to. The soundcheck was the best part as Trent was agian conversational with the crowd. Just watching them play in an imtimate setting liek that as unbelievable.

- After soundcheck, we were ushered back to the main "concourse" to get our seats, grab food, do whatever. It was nice since it was about 5:30 at his point and gate didn't open until 6, meaning we had free run of the consession stands, tables, etc. before everybody got there.

- Since we had lawn seating, we sat dead center in front of the white gate seperating us from the seats. It was nice as we had something to lean against when the bands were on.

- Street Sweeper Social Club came on first and was pretty damn good. Turns out that's Tom Morello's (of Rage Against the Machine) new band so watching him play guitar is a treat in itself. Good opening act, ton of energy.

- NIN then came on and had a great set as well. Not the best I've seen them but good nonetheless. Only downside was the two drunken 40 someting women who keep talking to each other for the entire show. Totally drunk and obnoxious.

- Then Janes Addiction came on, but we had to get away fro mthe Crazy Leverne and Shirley behind us, so we moved, got a table by the conessions and listened to about half their set from afar. They sounded fine but I'm not a huge JA fan, so I cant say exactly how thier set was.

- Left about 30 minutes early, had no traffic getting out and that was about it.

All in all, it was a pretty amazing experience getting a chance to meet Trent and check out the soundcheck. The show itself was very good too although I have seen them better.

Cool story, BP!

The weather was great on Saturday, so I hung out in the parking lot for a while and missed Morello's band. My seats were in the 400s, second row, which are very good seats apparently. I didn't realize how far back the 400s extend -- there's a big difference between the first couple of rows in the 400s and the last two rows in the 400s.

I enjoyed NIN, although they must've played a lot of the newer stuff, because I didn't recognize a bunch of their songs. I mostly like their older stuff. ... For the record, the JA set was electric, although admittedly I could be biased. For a while there, they were one of my favorite bands.

Edited by 95Crash

- Street Sweeper Social Club came on first and was pretty damn good. Turns out that's Tom Morello's (of Rage Against the Machine) new band so watching him play guitar is a treat in itself. Good opening act, ton of energy.

That's cool, I was going to ask how they were. I was thinking about going just to see them but it was kind of a lot of money just to see one of the opening bands since I hate Jane's Addiction and I never really got into Nine Inch Nails.

That's an awesome story by the way, sounds like a good time.

- After abuot a half hour of setup, NIN (the full band) came on and did a 4 song soundcheck. They played Lights In The Sky, I'm Afraid of Americans (Bowie cover) and two other songs I don't know the titles to. The soundcheck was the best part as Trent was agian conversational with the crowd. Just watching them play in an imtimate setting liek that as unbelievable.

For me, that alone would have been worth the $300 donation. Holy god I love that song.

Only negative regarding NIN, was that they didn't play Starf*ckers Inc. :(

Otherwise, a 9/10 .... Street Sweeper was a pleasant surprise!