(Not Just Summer) Concerts!

thelastonealive

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

311 sucked sweaty monkey tits last night. I think they probably played their entire new album. We get it, you're promoting the new stuff. You don't have to play the whole Goddamned thing. And when they said, "Here's one for the fans who have been with us from the start," they played Down. Freaking Down. That song is the closest thing they have to a sell out song. If they were gonna introduce a song like that, it damn well shoulda been something off Music or even Grassroots.

The encore was good though. They opened it up with Omaha Stylee, which was all I really wanted to hear. Then they crammed like five or six songs that they shoulda included in their set into one quick medley and called it a night.

Never again.

Oh yeah, and the Arts Center blows now. Not only was it a No Tailgating show, but you weren't even allowed to just hang out in the parking lot. The second you parked (which is a privelege they charge you for per ticket, not per car, BTW ... serious butt rapery going on there) you got herded into the venue. And before you could get on line for beer, you had to get on a huge ass line for a wrist band that had three numbered tabs on it, one for each drink you were allowed to consume. Oh, and the only ATM in the whole damn place was broken too.

Never again.

Hahahahha arena rock.

My next show is Thursday, Jay Reatard at Music Hall Of Williamsburg, supported by TV Smith Of the Adverts and jerseys own Screaming Females.

Oh yeah, and the Arts Center blows now. Not only was it a No Tailgating show, but you weren't even allowed to just hang out in the parking lot. The second you parked (which is a privelege they charge you for per ticket, not per car, BTW ... serious butt rapery going on there) you got herded into the venue. And before you could get on line for beer, you had to get on a huge ass line for a wrist band that had three numbered tabs on it, one for each drink you were allowed to consume. Oh, and the only ATM in the whole damn place was broken too.

Never again.

Glad Amanda and I chose the draft party over No Doubt then. I usually wind up at a few PNC shows each year, but if it's gonna be like that, I might only go to Aerosmith, if that.

A Tale Of Two Shows

311: Sucking sweaty monkey tits.

Clutch: Kicking ass and taking names.

Oh, and lastone, we apparently got there too late for ...soihadto... . Which is a shame because I was actually looking forward to checking them out. Parkway traffic on the 4th of July weekend going to A.C. killed us. We got there just in time for Wino (they were OK), then Shadows Fall (also OK). Clutch took the stage around 10:00 and didn't quit till around 12:15.

A Tale Of Two Shows

311: Sucking sweaty monkey tits.

Clutch: Kicking ass and taking names.

Oh, and lastone, we apparently got there too late for ...soihadto... . Which is a shame because I was actually looking forward to checking them out. Parkway traffic on the 4th of July weekend going to A.C. killed us. We got there just in time for Wino (they were OK), then Shadows Fall (also OK). Clutch took the stage around 10:00 and didn't quit till around 12:15.

Sucks that you missed ...soihadto..., glad Clutch kicked ass, though I'm guessing that's common occurrence.

I need to get to more shows this summer. I really want to go to Our Lady Peace on July 21st in NYC but I don't think I'm going to be able to get anyone to go with me. I'm taking Amanda to The Pretenders in August for her birthday. We're supposed to be going to Bouncing Souls in August as well but I think she's forgotten about it and made plans for her family vacation that week...which would SUCK since I already bought the tickets. I may still be doing the third day of All Points West if I can finally force myself to buy the tickets, but I just can't justify the price right now, even if it would be for my birthday.

Beyond that, I got nothin'. Actually come to think of it, I don't have any concerts for any bands that I absolutely love coming up. I know little by the Pretenders, and while I like Bouncing Souls a good deal, it's really more for Amanda than myself.

Never again.

Damn, that sucks. Did you know beforehand that it was going to be a No Tailgating Show, or did you go there with a cooler full of beers anticipating getting your drink on?

I'm going there this Saturday to see Judas Priest, but I don't foresee any problems considering the majority of the fans are going to be 30- to 50-year-olds with bum knees and bad backs.

Damn, that sucks. Did you know beforehand that it was going to be a No Tailgating Show, or did you go there with a cooler full of beers anticipating getting your drink on?

I'm going there this Saturday to see Judas Priest, but I don't foresee any problems considering the majority of the fans are going to be 30- to 50-year-olds with bum knees and bad backs.

The night before 311 was a No Doubt show that some of my friends went to, and they said that was a No Tailgating show. So I called PNC to double check what 311 would be and they informed me it would indeed be No Tailgating, so at least I had a heads up.

I get the feeling that pretty much everything except for maybe Hannah Montana or something like that will be No Fun, er, I mean No Tailgating. And if that's the case, the Arts Center should be shut down. The 8/6 Snoop Dogg/Slightly Stoopid show already switched venues from PNC to the Stone Pony because of this tailgating insanity.

(732) 203-2500 if you wanna try calling.

We're supposed to be going to Bouncing Souls in August as well but I think she's forgotten about it and made plans for her family vacation that week...which would SUCK since I already bought the tickets.

What night did you buy the tickets for? If it's Thursday I'm sure we can work something out because my mom wants to go and I'm just too damn lazy to buy a ticket online if there is any left online. AND if it's for Friday, well sh!t, I'd take those as well so Andrew and I can go both days..... that's if you don't end up going or whatever. :D

What night did you buy the tickets for? If it's Thursday I'm sure we can work something out because my mom wants to go and I'm just too damn lazy to buy a ticket online if there is any left online. AND if it's for Friday, well sh!t, I'd take those as well so Andrew and I can go both days..... that's if you don't end up going or whatever. :D

I've got two tickets for the Thursday show right now. I'm gonna mention it to Amanda and see if she'd rather adjust her family's vacation accordingly, go on Friday, or not go at all. I'll definitely get back to you though, I'd rather get rid of 'em here than via StubHub (or let 'em go to waste entirely, which is probably what would otherwise happen)

I've got two tickets for the Thursday show right now. I'm gonna mention it to Amanda and see if she'd rather adjust her family's vacation accordingly, go on Friday, or not go at all. I'll definitely get back to you though, I'd rather get rid of 'em here than via StubHub (or let 'em go to waste entirely, which is probably what would otherwise happen)

Cool, let me know. I can use them regardless as long as you have the actual tickets. I don't know if they can switch them otherwise. But yeah, let me know definitely. I know people who would go.

Cool, let me know. I can use them regardless as long as you have the actual tickets. I don't know if they can switch them otherwise. But yeah, let me know definitely. I know people who would go.

Yeah, I've got the actual tickets on hand already. They're taking up the lonely space where my Devils tickets usual sit. :saddevil:

Yeah, I've got the actual tickets on hand already. They're taking up the lonely space where my Devils tickets usual sit. :saddevil:

My huge crazy sized Blink 182/Weezer tickets are hanging on the wall next to my calendar. :D They get me excited for August. My past Devils tickets are sitting in a cup here next to my desk and that makes me sad. :(

My huge crazy sized Blink 182/Weezer tickets are hanging on the wall next to my calendar. :D They get me excited for August. My past Devils tickets are sitting in a cup here next to my desk and that makes me sad. :(

My little ticket cubbyhole is so sad at the moment. It's got Bouncing Souls tickets for a show I may or may not get to, and Pretenders tickets for a show for bands I don't know much about, and that's it. Poor ticket spot.

I threw away my stubs from last season, save for (ironically) the shiny tickets from the Club seats from the night Marty got hurt (it was regardless a fun game and a win...and cmon, they're shiny!)

The night before 311 was a No Doubt show that some of my friends went to, and they said that was a No Tailgating show. So I called PNC to double check what 311 would be and they informed me it would indeed be No Tailgating, so at least I had a heads up.

I get the feeling that pretty much everything except for maybe Hannah Montana or something like that will be No Fun, er, I mean No Tailgating. And if that's the case, the Arts Center should be shut down. The 8/6 Snoop Dogg/Slightly Stoopid show already switched venues from PNC to the Stone Pony because of this tailgating insanity.

(732) 203-2500 if you wanna try calling.

I know there've been similar incidents the past few years in which PNC decided to ban drinking in the parking lots thanks to supposedly out-of-control crowds at Gwen Stefani shows or Ozzfests or whatnot. But all of those times, the venue ended up relaxing the rules later that same summer for shows that I went to with bands with slightly older crowds. I'm hoping it's the same situation this year. On Wednesday, Kid Rock/Lynyrd Skynyrd is scheduled to play there. Even though I'm not going to that show, I'll probably call the Arts Center that day to ask them what the status on tailgating is gonna be. I'll also ask them what time the parking lot opens because I think they open it up later these days. And then I'll call again on Saturday before I head on over.

Thanks for the phone number. I already had it programmed into my cell. Any time I'm going to a show, I always call ahead to find out what time the bands are going on. No sense getting in there too early, when I could still be out in the parking lot pregaming!

(Not sure WTF is up with the weird font.)

EDIT: I'll probably go through the rest of my life misspelling Lynyrd Skynyrd on my first attempt (I originally wrote it as Lynnard Skynnard).

Edited by 95Crash

I know there've been similar incidents the past few years in which PNC decided to ban drinking in the parking lots thanks to supposedly out-of-control crowds at Gwen Stefani shows or Ozzfests or whatnot. But all of those times, the venue ended up relaxing the rules later that same summer for shows that I went to with bands with slightly older crowds. I'm hoping it's the same situation this year. On Wednesday, Kid Rock/Lynnard Skynnard is scheduled to play there. Even though I'm not going to that show, I'll probably call the Arts Center that day to ask them what the status on tailgating is gonna be. I'll also ask them what time the parking lot opens because I think they open it up later these days. And then I'll call again on Saturday before I head on over.

Thanks for the phone number. I already had it programmed into my cell. Any time I'm going to a show, I always call ahead to find out what time the bands are going on. No sense getting in there too early, when I could still be out in the parking lot pregaming!

(Not sure WTF is up with the weird font.)

Yeah, last year I saw Stone Temple Pilots at PNC and was worried about the whole tailgating thing. It ended up being pretty lax. State Troopers were walking around checking IDs, but that was about it. They had no problem with anyone drinking as long as they were 21. This year for 311, they were smelling people's Solo cups to make sure there was no alcohol in them. It's gotten pretty severe.

But like you're saying, these are all shows with a slightly younger audience than Priest, Skynyrd, etc. Maybe that'll make a difference? Either way, good luck.

Wow if you didn't post this I wouldn't have even known they are on tour again. I'm supposed to work until 8 Saturday night, and it's too late for me to take off. I'm going to call tomorrow (hopefully I remember) to find out when Priest starts playing so I can tell if I can make it on time. If not maybe I'll go to the show at Jones Beach on Sunday instead, but I really don't want to do that ride.

Wow if you didn't post this I wouldn't have even known they are on tour again. I'm supposed to work until 8 Saturday night, and it's too late for me to take off. I'm going to call tomorrow (hopefully I remember) to find out when Priest starts playing so I can tell if I can make it on time. If not maybe I'll go to the show at Jones Beach on Sunday instead, but I really don't want to do that ride.

FYI, they are playing the entire British Steel album. It came out 30 years ago.

Edited by 95Crash

FYI, they are playing the entire British Steel album. It came out 30 years ago.

Yea I heard. I wasn't really a fan of Nostradamus so it will be cool to just hear their old stuff.

I really hope I can go, this will probably be the only concert I go to this summer. I think with two opening bands I should be able to make it before they start, unless it takes me forever to park and then walk inside.

Edited by devilsfan26