(Not Just Summer) Concerts!

thelastonealive

I work at PNC...all im saying is dont eat the food. You have been warned....

Haha I can't afford that stuff anyway. Are you still allowed to bring food in a plastic bag? I remember last year when I went to see Iron Maiden I brought a jar of peanut butter, that helped me avoid having to buy something.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like AC/DC must be having trouble selling out their July 31 Giants Stadium show. If anyone is interested, Ticketmaster is offering four-packs for $140. That's four tickets at $21.75 each, plus charges. FWIW, right now four seats in Sec. 313, row 12 pop up on screen.

giants_stadium_acdc_medium.jpg

just thought i'd give you guys a heads up. lol.

now Obama is doing a speech there? I have to get my background checked and sh!t since i could be working that day...

At PNC? Interesting...

Edit: Ah, it's the Corzine fundraiser that was going to be at Rutgers. Corzine campaign rally...

Edited by thelastonealive

At PNC? Interesting...

Edit: Ah, it's the Corzine fundraiser that was going to be at Rutgers. Corzine campaign rally...

Yea thank goodness it's not at Rutgers anymore, it would take me forever to get out of here and be on my way to work.

Also, I think it's funny how this has been advertised as "Obama coming to Rutgers!!!" with absolutely no mention of Corzine whatsoever. :D

• 2 weeks later...

The Beastie Boys have cancelled all their tour plans and postponed the release of their upcoming album "Hot Sauce Committee" after Adam Yauch was diagnosed with cancer of the preaortic gland and lymph node.

Yauch said that the condition was "treatable" and that he would undergo treatment soon.

For anyone who has tickets to the July 31 All Points West show at Liberty State Park, the Beastie Boys have been replaced by Jay-Z.

Edited by 95Crash

I'm also going to see Blink next month. Not chiming in until now because I usually don't visit Off Topic and had no idea this thread existed until a few minutes ago. Serious hockey withdrawals sucked me into here.

So I was gonna go to AC to see ...soihadto... open for Black Label Society for my birthday, but that's no longer happening. So the only shows on my list this summer remain The Pretenders on August 9th and Bouncing Souls on (hopefully) August 21st.

I REALLY need at least one more show this summer. Preferably a band I really, really like in a relatively small locale.

I just got tickets to see The Get Up Kids on NOV 1st in Brooklyn. I landed some Sunny Day Real Estate tickets also.

Went to a great show last night. It was a party for diesel jeans and they had cobra starship (drunk and boring), Passion Pit (awesome), The Roots, The Clipse, and Kanye West showed up as a surprise. Free booze all night long :) Great time. Now I'm at work barely functioning.

Going to AC/DC tonight.. should be sweet

Not me. I'm going to see AC MUTHERFVCKING DC MOTHAFVCKAS AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH! :rock::rock::rock:

This'll be my first attempt at taking the train to Giants Stadium. 5:35 out of Bay Head should get us there around 8:04.

Edit: Just a note, East Rutherford is supposed to get nailed by some thunderstorms during showtime. Provided they let the show go on, Thunderstruck will be SICK!

Edited by DaneykoIsGod

just got back from All Points West...

Tool was fantastic can not describe how awesome they were.

My Bloody Valentine in other hand, was a complete crap... The sound were horrible, everything was away to Loud, Drums away louder than guitar, bazz agian away to loud. You could not hear any vocal.

It was just a mess of noise. Surely wasn't their fault the sound were a disgrace, but i doubt anyone who was there to see tehm, enjoyed the concert.

I just got tickets to see The Get Up Kids on NOV 1st in Brooklyn. I landed some Sunny Day Real Estate tickets also.

Wow, that sounds like a great show. Didn't know that Matt Pryor was back on tour with The Get Up Kids, with the success of the New Amsterdams and all. Good stuff!

just got back from All Points West...

Tool was fantastic can not describe how awesome they were.

My Bloody Valentine in other hand, was a complete crap... The sound were horrible, everything was away to Loud, Drums away louder than guitar, bazz agian away to loud. You could not hear any vocal.

It was just a mess of noise. Surely wasn't their fault the sound were a disgrace, but i doubt anyone who was there to see tehm, enjoyed the concert.

Ha-ha-haa!!! Where's Deke at? It sounds like his wish came true.

I think My Bloody Valentine is playing one day there, I really hope they play as loud as humanly possible and scare away all of the 15 year old kids back into the parking lot.

haha A girl I know was there and she came back saying as many bad things about My Bloody Valentine as possible. She said something about them playing the same chord for nine straight minutes.

haha A girl I know was there and she came back saying as many bad things about My Bloody Valentine as possible. She said something about them playing the same chord for nine straight minutes.

That IS MBV though. People who don't like 'em will never be swayed by the live show. It's LOUD and droning and kind of ridiculous. I like 'em to a point, though not as much as I did seven or eight years ago. I probably wouldn't have had the patience for it had I gone on Saturday.

Also, Coldplay covered Fight For Your Right To Party on Sunday, apparently.

It sounds, well, just as you would expect Coldplay covering Beastie Boys to sound.

Also, I need to brush up on The Pretenders. I know like, two songs by them. But Amanda wanted tickets for her birthday, so we're going next week in Asbury Park.

And I kind of want to see Mighty Mighty Bosstones the week after, but probably can't.

Edited by thelastonealive

Also, Coldplay covered Fight For Your Right To Party on Sunday, apparently.

It sounds, well, just as you would expect Coldplay covering Beastie Boys to sound.

Also, I need to brush up on The Pretenders. I know like, two songs by them. But Amanda wanted tickets for her birthday, so we're going next week in Asbury Park.

And I kind of want to see Mighty Mighty Bosstones the week after, but probably can't.

That was a nice gesture on Chris Martin's part or whoever else's idea that might've been. If only there were a version of that performance without all the audience singing drowning him out on the chorus (although I'm sure there are a lot of people who would rather hear just the fans singing it without him altogether).

As for The Pretenders at The Stone Pony, I wish I could be there. That's gonna be a cool show!

And the Bosstones too, although I would've rather have seen them back in the day when they were still a little bit hardcore.

That was a nice gesture on Chris Martin's part or whoever else's idea that might've been. If only there were a version of that performance without all the audience singing drowning him out on the chorus (although I'm sure there are a lot of people who would rather hear just the fans singing it without him altogether).

Apparently Jay-Z covered No Sleep Til Brooklyn as well. Which was also a nice gesture, unless your like me and take it as a semi-backhanded slap at Jersey, being as he's a part-owner of the Nets. :lol:

Hmmmm...Bosstones, Catch 22 and the Pietasters...that just might be worth the trip! Bosstones are always good, Catch will be sadly average and the Pietasters will bring down the house.