Sign in to follow this  
thelastonealive

(Not Just Summer) Concerts!

:boogie: I can't stand American Idol, but to each their own.

On another note, I decided against the Coldplay show. $89.50+ for average seats, at best??? No thanks ... I'm not THAT big a fan!!!

Besides, last summer I paid just a little more to see the Police at Churchill Downs. :noclue:

Aren't they doing a free show at MSG in June? Is it impossible to get tix for that?

I'm not a big fan of Coldplay's, but they've got a few good songs, and they have no business writing a song as good as their most recent single :lol:

Aren't they doing a free show at MSG in June? Is it impossible to get tix for that?

I'm not a big fan of Coldplay's, but they've got a few good songs, and they have no business writing a song as good as their most recent single :lol:

Yeah its free. I entered to win, hopefully i win some tickets. Its on the night of my graduation!

Anyone going to see Iron Maiden tomorrow at PNC? ... Just throwing it out there. I'm pretty psyched about it. :rock:

Saw Van Halen a few weeks ago at MSG and had a blast. B )

Anyone going to see Iron Maiden tomorrow at PNC? ... Just throwing it out there. I'm pretty psyched about it. :rock:

Hell yea, this is going to be my first time seeing them, can't wait.

Also a friend of mine works at Best Buy and he said if you buy the special edition of their new CD Nostradamus, which is $17, you get the opportunity to get a free ticket to any of their concerts this summer. So I'm going to try to do that so I can see them this summer with Testament and I think Motorhead was the other band. You're not guaranteed a ticket so I'm getting the CD the day it comes out. You probably get some online code with the CD that you have to use to redeem your ticket. My friend said it's while supplies last and not a random drawing, so I think as long as you get it when it comes out on Tuesday you should be fine.

I think this might be one of Best Buy's exclusive deals by the way.

Edited by devilsfan26

Hell yea, this is going to be my first time seeing them, can't wait.

Also a friend of mine works at Best Buy and he said if you buy the special edition of their new CD Nostradamus, which is $17, you get the opportunity to get a free ticket to any of their concerts this summer. So I'm going to try to do that so I can see them this summer with Testament and I think Motorhead was the other band. You're not guaranteed a ticket so I'm getting the CD the day it comes out. You probably get some online code with the CD that you have to use to redeem your ticket. My friend said it's while supplies last and not a random drawing, so I think as long as you get it when it comes out on Tuesday you should be fine.

I think this might be one of Best Buy's exclusive deals by the way.

Wow, I'm floored right now. The last person I expected to reply to my post was you -- but that's cool! I'm glad we can agree on something, aside from the Devils. :whistling:

I saw Maiden once before, a while back in the late Eighties. And from what I hear, this show is harkening back to that classic era.

Thanks for the Best Buy tip. Motorhead is playing with Judas Priest this summer. If that's one of the concerts that are good with that BB deal, I might have to take advantage of it. :evil:

Wow, I'm floored right now. The last person I expected to reply to my post was you -- but that's cool! I'm glad we can agree on something, aside from the Devils. :whistling:

I saw Maiden once before, a while back in the late Eighties. And from what I hear, this show is harkening back to that classic era.

Thanks for the Best Buy tip. Motorhead is playing with Judas Priest this summer. If that's one of the concerts that are good with that BB deal, I might have to take advantage of it. :evil:

Well if everyone only talked to people who they agreed on everything with, I don't think anyone would have any friends. B )

Yea one of my buddies saw Maiden at Continental last year and he said all they did was play their entire new CD and a few older songs. After hearing that I was kinda bummed because I wanted to see them live and I didn't want to just hear them play the whole new CD, but I heard this tour is supposed to consist of only songs from Powerslave and prior to that album.

As for the Best Buy thing, I stupidly forgot to say "Judas Priest's new CD," thus making the entire paragraph more confusing. I don't know why I keep doing that. So yea to clarify--if you get the special edition of Judas Priest's new CD (Nostradamus) then you have a chance to get a free ticket to one of Judas Priest's concerts this summer. They are playing at PNC this summer with Motorhead and Testament, so for $17, that sounds pretty damn good.

I got invited last minute to go to iron maiden a few nights ago but i had to work...BLAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Goin to see Nine Inch Nails in CAA.... um, I mean the IZOD... in August.

Then catchin Journey, Cheap Trick and Heart in Bethel, NY, sight of the original Woodstock 3 days later. Should be a fun week.

And for the few people who care about ska... I'm seeing Less Than Jake, Big D and the Kids Table, and Suburban Legends in Poughkeepsie next month. I guess thats considered 3rd wave ska?

And a slight chance of seeing Dropkick Murphys and the Mighty Mighty Bosstones.

I got invited last minute to go to iron maiden a few nights ago but i had to work...BLAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Oh Wow. Iron Maiden puts on the best shows live and I will be seeing them tonight at the PNC Bank Arts Center in Holmdel New Jersey tonight. Maiden bassist Steve Harris has his daughter opening up for them tonight. I thought it was going to be Anthraxx and Trivium which would have been one hell of a show and opening acts. I got these tickets the last minute as well from a friend of mine who couldn't go because his daughter has an Ice Skating show to do in NYC somewhere. I guess I lucked out on this one and it should be a good show.

Had tckets to Coldplay but then they cancelled a few shows up here..ah well Coldplay sucks anyway. But I hear Oasis is coming

Goin to see Nine Inch Nails in CAA.... um, I mean the IZOD... in August.

Then catchin Journey, Cheap Trick and Heart in Bethel, NY, sight of the original Woodstock 3 days later. Should be a fun week.

And for the few people who care about ska... I'm seeing Less Than Jake, Big D and the Kids Table, and Suburban Legends in Poughkeepsie next month. I guess thats considered 3rd wave ska?

And a slight chance of seeing Dropkick Murphys and the Mighty Mighty Bosstones.

I may also be going to that Dropkick Murphys/MMBT show. Haven't decided yet. I'd like to see Streetlight Manifesto at some point, any idea if they're touring this summer?

Had tckets to Coldplay but then they cancelled a few shows up here..ah well Coldplay sucks anyway. But I hear Oasis is coming

you mean the greatest band in the world. i think the show is sold out.

I may also be going to that Dropkick Murphys/MMBT show. Haven't decided yet. I'd like to see Streetlight Manifesto at some point, any idea if they're touring this summer?

I just checked the website. They just ended a tour a couple of weeks ago. According to the site, they aren't touring again until October, when they do a run in Australia and Japan. Now that I think of it, I'm pretty sure they played with Big D in Connecticut a couple months back.

I just checked the website. They just ended a tour a couple of weeks ago. According to the site, they aren't touring again until October, when they do a run in Australia and Japan. Now that I think of it, I'm pretty sure they played with Big D in Connecticut a couple months back.

Ah damn. Typical that I would only pay attention when the tour's over, I guess.

I'm also dying to see Bouncing Souls but they're not playing hardly any dates except for some Warped Tour dates not in Jersey. Meh.

Eve6 7/15 in Sayerville. (Maybe in AC too)

311 & Snoop Dogg 7/19 at PNC.

Radiohead 8/12 in Camden.

Booyah.

Booyah.

I'll be at both Eve 6 shows. Should be awesome, first ever trip to AC.

Man that Maiden concert was something else. Lauren Harris was more tolerable than I expected. Trivium sucked even worse than I would have expected if I knew they were going to be there. They were real quiet for some reason and just didn't seem to have any energy. Oh well at least they weren't on for very long. As soon as they ended while they were setting up for Iron Maiden a big thunderstorm came rolling over. Man it rained hard. I thought Maiden could have been a little louder, I don't know if they were having some technical problems or what, but I thought they would be louder. Still much louder than Trivium. Then again I was pretty far away. Regardless, it wasn't that big a deal, I thought it was a great concert anyway.

Booyah.

As much as I love the old Snoop stuff I have found that if you have seen Snoop once it's a waste of money to see him twice...The same show every time....at least 311 should make up for him..

Man that Maiden concert was something else. Lauren Harris was more tolerable than I expected. Trivium sucked even worse than I would have expected if I knew they were going to be there. They were real quiet for some reason and just didn't seem to have any energy. Oh well at least they weren't on for very long. As soon as they ended while they were setting up for Iron Maiden a big thunderstorm came rolling over. Man it rained hard. I thought Maiden could have been a little louder, I don't know if they were having some technical problems or what, but I thought they would be louder. Still much louder than Trivium. Then again I was pretty far away. Regardless, it wasn't that big a deal, I thought it was a great concert anyway.

Wow, I didn't realize Steve Harris' daughter was in the biz. Googled some samples and I like! She sure got some good genes from her dad...and some good ones from her mom too!

Iron Maiden kicked some major ass at the PNC last night as they opened up with the Churchill inro then right into Aces High. Trivium was LOUD and wild on stage and thought they were really good and had lots of energy last night.

Iron Maiden was the sh!t last night though and Bruce had his voice last night and hit all the songs on cue. Great stage show as well and always love when Eddie comes out on stage and he did behind Nikko the drummer for the song iron maiden and then the Somewhere In Time Eddie came out on stage with the pistol gun which was cool. Lauren Harris is one hot young girl and she can sing pretty good. They had some pretty good songs and Steve Harris should be so proud of her.

Iron Maiden kicked some major ass at the PNC last night as they opened up with the Churchill inro then right into Aces High. Trivium was LOUD and wild on stage and thought they were really good and had lots of energy last night.

Iron Maiden was the sh!t last night though and Bruce had his voice last night and hit all the songs on cue. Great stage show as well and always love when Eddie comes out on stage and he did behind Nikko the drummer for the song iron maiden and then the Somewhere In Time Eddie came out on stage with the pistol gun which was cool. Lauren Harris is one hot young girl and she can sing pretty good. They had some pretty good songs and Steve Harris should be so proud of her.

Are you kidding? I was practically falling asleep during Trivium. I was able to have a normal-volume conversation with my friends about how they seemed so bland and we were able to hear each other with no problem. Maybe we were just far away, but even Lauren Harris was louder than them.

I heard at the show at MSG tonight Iron Maiden's amps blew out during Powerslave so they were kicking a soccer ball around on stage while they were waiting to be able to play again. That show probably wasn't as fun anyway without the thunderstorm going on right above everyone.

I told myself as I was walking in there was no way I was spending $35 on a t-shirt. Then I decided the show was so good I had to get one. They ran out of the Statue of Liberty shirt that I (and apparently everyone else) wanted. I was so soaked that all my money in my wallet was sticking together. I couldn't tell if I was handing the guy the right amount or more than I should have. The guy next to me at the shirt stand was one of the people sliding down the lawn area like it was a big slip and slide. He was covered in mud and so was all his money. He had to wipe mud off the bills to see what they were haha.

Edited by devilsfan26

Last weekend I went to see Leonard Cohen at the Sony Centre in Toronto - BEST CONCERT EVER. I was completely blown away. Each and every song put a chill down my spine... He played the best of his best - from the beginning of his career (Suzanne, Hallelujah) to the middle of his career (First We Take Manhattan) and the end (Thousand Kisses Deep). I swear there must have been over a dozen instruments mixed in throughout the night and everything worked in absolutely to perfection. I've never paid $200 for a concert before (well, $400 with my friend), but I GROSSLY underpaid.

This weekend I went to see Buffy Sainte-Marie. Now, I was semi-familiar with her work but I remember her more from Sesame Street when I was just 5 years old. I was just absolutely blown away by her songs:

(horrid video, but the music is what is important)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n8AgMAwkMY...feature=related

and this Academy Award and Grammy Award winning song that I didn't know was written by Buffy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFYtpTot7hQ

Maybe next weekend I'll consider going to see someone under 65.....

Edited by Don

Are you kidding? I was practically falling asleep during Trivium. I was able to have a normal-volume conversation with my friends about how they seemed so bland and we were able to hear each other with no problem. Maybe we were just far away, but even Lauren Harris was louder than them.

I heard at the show at MSG tonight Iron Maiden's amps blew out during Powerslave so they were kicking a soccer ball around on stage while they were waiting to be able to play again. That show probably wasn't as fun anyway without the thunderstorm going on right above everyone.

I told myself as I was walking in there was no way I was spending $35 on a t-shirt. Then I decided the show was so good I had to get one. They ran out of the Statue of Liberty shirt that I (and apparently everyone else) wanted. I was so soaked that all my money in my wallet was sticking together. I couldn't tell if I was handing the guy the right amount or more than I should have. The guy next to me at the shirt stand was one of the people sliding down the lawn area like it was a big slip and slide. He was covered in mud and so was all his money. He had to wipe mud off the bills to see what they were haha.

you didnt want the 50 dollar t Shirt? LOL aare you kidding me 50 dollars!!! couldnt believe that one.

I thought maiden was awesome.. I wasnt impressed with Trivium but they were OK. lauren Harris was decent too, good luck to her.