(Not Just Summer) Concerts!

thelastonealive

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I went to CrueFest and yeah I saw about a quarter of the Crue show because of some long drama..and now i'm feaking wated....but from what i saw i apparently had a pretty good time

dude -- which of your trips doesnt end up w/ drama, an er excursion or medical attention ? :boogie:

Upcoming shows (now this is a concerts in general thread, not just summer)

Nine Inch Nails - 8/27 - Continental...to hell with all this IZOD nonsense!

Dave Matthews Band - 9/10 - MSG...I don't want to hear it, Last.... :D

Weezer with Angels and Ariwaves - 9/24 - MSG

Ben Folds - 10/1 - Terminal 5...never been there but i'm hoping it's a cool venue

Ben Folds - 10/1 - Terminal 5...never been there but i'm hoping it's a cool venue

I'm withholding DMB bashing for a week or two lest I seem insensitive over the death of the sax player, so you're good :lol:

I'll be at Terminal 5 twice in September...I've heard good things as far as size and sightlines go, and bad in terms of sound quality.

Also, has anyone else heard about this Classic Rock Orchestra thing going on at the Rock on 9/21? I picked up a pair of tickets because the cheapest seats were only $13 each during the presale (and that's for section 4, so I guess they're blocking off the entire upstairs for the show). It looks pretty neat though, 2 and a half hours of symphonic classic rock music, with video projections and all that.

i was at terminal 5 in may. i heard really bad things about it, but honestly, it was a pretty cool venue...if you're up close. there are something like two or three balconies, the sound is AWFUL up there but on the floor it's pretty good.

as of may, there were no functioning bathrooms though -- you had to go next door to the car dealership to use the facilities there. kind of awkward, but whatever.

the waiting outside of terminal 5 blows though, just sayin'. it's in the middle of a bunch of garages, so, uh, there's really no standing room because cars are always coming in and out.

i'm going to a few shows in the fall. i'm going on a four date road trip in the beginning of october for tegan and sara -- seeing them in baltimore, philly, nyc, and chicago. can't wait. there are two nyc dates, i might go to both but i highly doubt it.

i'm also seeing missy higgins in chicago after the tegan and sara show, that should be pretty awesome. i saw her a few weeks ago in virginia, one of the best shows i've ever been to, no doubt. it was at the birchmere, a nice sit-down venue about 20 minutes out of dc. the crowd was so well behaved, she was even playing songs she neverrr plays anymore. awesome.

uh, i'm also seeing nofx in october, and i might be seeing against me! too. oh, and i'm gonna go to the reggie and the full effect farewell tour.

this fall should be awesome.

EDIT: i wrote awesome, like, seven hundred times. awesome.

Edited by RD

Ooooo, rare RD sighting!

I'm going to Terminal 5 for Dandy Warhols and then two days later for Bouncing Souls.

The reason we chose the NYC show over the jersey show for Bouncing Souls? Empanada stand on the third floor. Booyah.

Missy Higgins is opening for Ben Folds on his upcoming tour, yes? You could pretty much live at Terminal 5 for a week...

dude -- which of your trips doesnt end up w/ drama, an er excursion or medical attention ? :boogie:

Hopefully the next one..:P

Going to Simple Plan and matt mays and El Torpedo in the coming weeks

hell yeah...

remember the "New Titans on the Block" tour?

i remember seeing biohazard open up for Sepultura and Sacred Reich at the Ritz.

Ahh, the Ritz! I saw many shows there -- including Megadeth, Suicidal Tendencies, Pantera, Overkill, Biohazard, Faith No More and others. I even saw Public Enemy together with Anthrax there! The bar area on the balcony at the Ritz provided an awesome view of the stage. Man, I miss that place! ... Good times!

I'll be there, too. I'm not super familar with Nine Inch Nails. I know bits and pieces. I picked up the albums at the suggestion of a friend, but haven't listened to all of it yet. Same friend picked up tix though, so I figured I'd check it out.

I'll be there, too. I'm not super familar with Nine Inch Nails. I know bits and pieces. I picked up the albums at the suggestion of a friend, but haven't listened to all of it yet. Same friend picked up tix though, so I figured I'd check it out.

They're a good live show. I'm not a big NiN fan but I was pretty impressed when I saw them a couple years ago at PNC.

They're a good live show. I'm not a big NiN fan but I was pretty impressed when I saw them a couple years ago at PNC.

Alright, so the show was pretty awesome. They played the hits (Closer, Head Like a Hole, etc). Some mellow instrumental stuff in the middle. I don't know if Reznor does it at every concert, but he kept taking time to thank the fans and stuff. Talking about how when he wrote a lot of this, it was only for himself and he is so happy that he had the guts to put it out there and that other people liked it and related to it. Really seemed from the heart.

Then he went into 'Hurt', and it was fantastic.

I'm going to Minneapolis on Wednesday to see RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE! Lucked out and managed to get a general admission floor ticket on ticketbastard today even though all they had left the other day were upper level seats behind the stage. I can't wait.

You lucky bastard! I was gonna see them on the tour with the Beasties way back in the day. Then the one guy in the Beastie Boys hurt his leg skateboarding or something and the show got postponed, then Rage broke up. One of the greatest regrets of my life is never getting to see Rage play live (for two reasons ... 1. to see an amazing band, and 2. to make fun of all the people supporting capitalism by wearing Che Guevara t-shirts).

Enjoy the show! I envy the hell out of you.

I'm going to Minneapolis on Wednesday to see RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE! Lucked out and managed to get a general admission floor ticket on ticketbastard today even though all they had left the other day were upper level seats behind the stage. I can't wait.

WOW! They are still together? :o That is going to be a great show. Didn't know they were doing a tour right now. It sounds like a one time show or something. :noclue: I would love to see them again. I saw them last @ Randall's Island a couple of years ago.

You lucky bastard! I was gonna see them on the tour with the Beasties way back in the day. Then the one guy in the Beastie Boys hurt his leg skateboarding or something and the show got postponed, then Rage broke up.

Ah man that sucks, I woulda been so pissed.

One of the greatest regrets of my life is never getting to see Rage play live (for two reasons ... 1. to see an amazing band,

Yea I wasn't sure if I wanted to spend the $400 for the plane tickets but I figured I didn't want to miss out on an opportunity to see them since who knows if they are going to do an actual tour and show up around here again.

and 2. to make fun of all the people supporting capitalism by wearing Che Guevara t-shirts).

:lol: Yea seriously, how ironic. Though it's really a shame when you think about it.

Enjoy the show! I envy the hell out of you.

Thanks! If there is any justice in the world they will come back around here so you get another chance to see them.

WOW! They are still together? :o That is going to be a great show. Didn't know they were doing a tour right now. It sounds like a one time show or something. :noclue: I would love to see them again. I saw them last @ Randall's Island a couple of years ago.

Nah they broke up but they got back together I think a little over a year ago. They're not on tour, they only play at big one-day festivals and I guess major political things. They played a free show with Flobots and some other people the other day in Denver (site of the DNC) and then took part in an Iraq Veterans Against the War protest walk thing and invited the crowd to go with them. They are playing in Minneapolis to oppose the RNC going on in the neighboring city, St. Paul.

went to the Black Sabbath(Heaven & Hell) & Judas Priest concert here in the Southern California desert on Saturday...

The high light for me was when Geezer Butler and Tony Iommi started jamming during the song "Heaven and Hell". They are the greatest...pure magic.

I felt like I was in a time machine back in 1980.

Judas Priest and Rob Halford especially were insane...The encore song Green Manalishi made the 20,000 plus metal maniacs go nuts.

just fantastic.

Criticize me all you want but I'm going to ALL THREE tri-state shows of Metallica's upcoming tour. Jan 29th in the Nassau Mausoleum, Jan 31st & Feb 1st at THE ROCK!

GA Floor for all of em!!

:beerbang:

I'm considering one of the Rock shows, if I can get someone to go with me. I don't know many people willing to listen to Metallica very long anymore. :lol:

went to the Black Sabbath(Heaven & Hell) & Judas Priest concert here in the Southern California desert on Saturday...

The high light for me was when Geezer Butler and Tony Iommi started jamming during the song "Heaven and Hell". They are the greatest...pure magic.

I felt like I was in a time machine back in 1980.

Yeah, although the original Sabbath lineup/catalog was clearly the best, there was something special about seeing the Dio version when I saw them at PNC a few weeks ago. ... Like you said, the whole show had a very early, early '80s metal vibe. It was pretty cool.

Although I stopped being interested in Metallica years ago, I'm tempted to go see them at the Rock. ... There is something about Metallica playing in Newark that intrigues me!

Sigur Ros - Sept 18th.

Girl Talk - Nov 16th.

Gaslight Anthem too...not sure when. I did the first 2 videos for them with my friend. Super no-budget. These guys have been called a cross between Bruce Springsteen & Against Me!. Let me know what you think of the band/videos. :)

Karrang just called them and there new album the best of 2008.

I'da Called You Woody, Joe

Drive

Edited by oofrostonoo

Neil Young/Death Cab For Cutie