Sunday Brooks Column in NY Post

Patches O'Houlihan

90% of the article is about Jagr, but it includes a somewhat Devil related Jeff Carter tidbit...mostly he's just making a derisive comment about the Devils drafting of later, not insinuating that Lou would actually make an offer to Carter.

The good news (if you're not Philadelphia) is that cap issues might well prevent the Flyers from matching an offer sheet to imposing 23-year-old power forward Jeff Carter.

The good news is that compensation for a contract worth up to approximately $5.2M per is only one No. 1, one No. 2 and one No. 3, surely an equitable price to pay if you're a team a) drafting in the bottom half of the pool; b) that doesn't draft well; or, c) both, meaning you're the Devils.

Slapshots

It had been a while since I'd seen someone from the Post take a blatant, unprovoked potshot at the Devils. I was actually starting to worry that maybe they'd become, oh I don't know, respectable and objective journalists. It's good to know that the homeless of NYC still have a "newspaper" they can use to wash windshields without wasting any newsprint that more than five minutes of thought went into.

It's funny that Brooks takes that cheap shot against the Devils, when one of the most woeful NHL franchises resides just miles away on Long Island. How do they draft?

In defense of Milbury, he had one of the best scouting crews in the league. Of course, in his self-destructive manner he fired them and the Isles haven't been the same since.

The Isles are such a joke organization I wouldn't put them beyond resigning Yashin.