Malone/Elias Elias/Holik Malone/Bergfors/Vrana

Parise Zajac Langenbrunner

Pandolfo Madden Gionta

Zubrus Rupp Clarkson

Notes: I wouldn't mind bringing back Bobby Holik for Vet experience

Oduya Martin

Vishnevski Smith

White Liles

Extras: Corrente, Mottau(I would bring him back with a 2 year/$900K-$1M a year)

This would be a reasonable roster for Lou's standards. But realistically those moves would not happen. I mean I definitely think Lou will be active this summer, and yes I expect some movement on July 1st and not the sit back and enjoy every good name being taken off the market by the Flyers and the Rangers like he did last year. Right now we have to focus on June 20th, thats when the Draft is and who we will pick at #21, my prediction is John Carlson of the Indiana Ice.

Holik on the 1st line? shoot me :kill:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elias - Jokinen- Zubrus

Parise - Langkow - Brunette

Pandolfo - Madden - Vrana

Clarkson - Rupp - Radivojevic

Martin - Oduya

Smith - Hainsey

White - Vish

Zajac, Gionta, Greene and a pick to FL for Jokinen

Edited by ghdi

All you people that think Gionta has any real trade value must be smoking some serious weed.

Why would any GM, especially of a non-contending team, give up ANYTHING of value for a pint-sized, 20 goal scorer, who will make $4 mil this year, and will be a UFA next year?

They can all get him at a reduced price after the season if they really wanted him.

Just because you want to see him traded doesn't mean the other 29 GMs suddenly lost their mind.

gionta absolutely has value - he scored 20 in his worst year. he is a legitamate top 6 forward even if sutter didn't use him there. he's well in line with his price structure. if florida is determined to deal jokinen while still trying to make the playoffs, gionta, zajac, and greene certainly accomplish that goal.

gionta absolutely has value - he scored 20 in his worst year. he is a legitamate top 6 forward even if sutter didn't use him there. he's well in line with his price structure. if florida is determined to deal jokinen while still trying to make the playoffs, gionta, zajac, and greene certainly accomplish that goal.

Gio can be a 30-35 guy with the right combination. I think he could come alive with the right passer. Look at that goal in Game 5. Thats the kind of stuff that got him 48. There is no doubt the Gio of late has been a different player. I'm also interested to see just what he does in this contract year. I actually liked the Zubrus-Zajac-Gionta line in the playoffs. Kind of a spare parts line of underachievers that i thought looked good together.

Also, Parise and Elias shouldn't be split up after the way they started to connect. I saw a bunch that had them apart. I could see the Devils finding someone that matches better with them than Langs.

Of course, leaving Zubes-Zaj-Gio together and replacing Langs on the top line means the Cap'n is on the 4th or checking, haha. I'd love to see Parise-Elias-Gio again. They looked good early in the year.

All you people that think Gionta has any real trade value must be smoking some serious weed.

Why would any GM, especially of a non-contending team, give up ANYTHING of value for a pint-sized, 20 goal scorer, who will make $4 mil this year, and will be a UFA next year?

They can all get him at a reduced price after the season if they really wanted him.

Just because you want to see him traded doesn't mean the other 29 GMs suddenly lost their mind.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this a dream roster, as in we know this won't happen?

Agreed, which why most teams will wait until after the season to get him cheap, get him a real center and watch him put up 30+ goals again.

Mottau ;) Kidding right?

Rupp ... Nice guy to teach the new AHL players how to adjust to the NHL but not a Devil next year.

So does Andy Greene have to skate backwards into Brodeur and kill him with a skate blade before some people are convinced that Mike Mottau has earned a spot before him???? :noclue:

has to be logical though take in the cap

elias stoll zubrus

parise zajac langs

pando madden vrana

rupp sarge clarkson

maritn pitkanen

white lilles

oduya smith

gionta bergfors and a 4th shipped for rfa contracts of stoll and pitkanen

devils win cup.

I like the D there but the offense still looks very bare to me.. I think Langs/Zubes/Zajac need to have bigger seasons for this team to succeed; Zajac had a tough Sophomore year, Langenbrunner never really found groove and consistency in scoring (although he was pretty good in shootouts), and Zubes NEVER had it going

some better post-season goaltending by Brodeur would help ;)

Tanguay-Parise-Langenbrunner

Elias-Zajac-Zubrus

Pando-Madden-Vrana

Brylin-Rupp-Clarkson

Warrener-Mottau

White-Martin

Oduay-Salvador

Greene

Gionta (4M) and Vishnevski (1.8M) to Calgary for Tanguay (5.25M) and Warrener (2.5M) as the Flames dump nearly 2M.

Hate to say it but I dont see Gio coming back. He's going to be the key piece to any packages that involve getting a quality player in return.

Gionta and Zajac for Ollie? Who knows.

Hate to say it but I dont see Gio coming back. He's going to be the key piece to any packages that involve getting a quality player in return.

Gionta and Zajac for Ollie? Who knows.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him gone soon. And I think no matter what, he still signs with NYR after next season and puts up 35 goals with Gomez centering him.

Gionta would be one of the least valuable 35 goal scorers in the league.

I don't know if that is completely true. Gionta could play the PK again, and do fairly well, which increases his value. He also plays good transition defense. His puck possesion, defensive physical pla, passing, and set play defense are not good at all but he does bring more to the table than just scoring.

I don't know if that is completely true. Gionta could play the PK again, and do fairly well, which increases his value. He also plays good transition defense. His puck possesion, defensive physical pla, passing, and set play defense are not good at all but he does bring more to the table than just scoring.

not much more though. and passing is so much more valuable than all of that stuff.

what we're seeing now in the NHL is that almost every scorer can play the PK. sure guys like kovalchuk and ovechkin don't, but i imagine they could, and not do horribly. it just doesn't make much sense to do so.

Tri, you just picked elite goal scorers with great physical skills, they aren't the typical non-valuable 35 goal scorer we're talking about here :D. I was really just nitpicking though, I tend to think Gionta would be middle-lower of 35 goals scorers in terms of value and not bottomish.

of the 30+ goal scorers in the league this season, only Brad Boyes, Patrick Sharp, and Vinny Prospal are less valuable, imo - (had Gionta scored 30-35). I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that all 3 won't score 30 next season.

Thomas Vanek is close, but Vanek is only 24 and should be a consistent 30 goal man.

Elias-Connolly-Gionta

Parise-Madden-Langs

Malone-Zubrus-Bergfors

Pandolfo-Zajac-Clarkson

Extra: Rupp

Martin-Oduya

Commodore-Liles

White-Mottau/Corrente

1. Re-sign Pando and Mottau, let go of everyone else while hoping Brylin declines his option/retires/plays in Europe

2. Trade Vishnevski, Pelley and 2nd or 3rd rounder to BUF for Tim Connolly

3. Sign Mike Commodore and JM Liles

4. Sign Ryan Malone

5. Bring up N. Bergfors and Matt Corrente

6. Trade Andy Greene for a late draft pick

Might not work in the salary cap because of Commodore or Liles, it really depends on the market/other deals similar players get

Edited by empulse27