Why Ted Kennedy

" Do we operate under a system of equal justice under law?

Or is there one system for the average citizen and another for the high and mighty? "

~ Senator Ted Kennedy, 1973

" Senator, do you know there's a girl found dead in your car?"

- Antone Bettencourt - Chappaquiddick resident - 9:30 AM - Saturday - July 19, 1969

mjk.jpg

Die Ted.

Lou,

We know Ted will rot in hell. But I still will never advocate the death of most people, including Killer Kennedy. You should rethink this post.

He'll suffer and the Kopechne family will finally be able to rest in peace.

I don't like him, for the very reason that has been brought up. However, although he'll probably get better medical care than most of us would ever get, because of who he is, it's very, very rare that anyone with this survives more than 5 years and most are gone w/in a year. I don't appreciate the fawning that has been going on in the media, but, really, I would think HER family might be the only one that would truly have any right to dance on his grave.

Anybody less than a Kennedy would be on death row for the last 40 years and if not executed. You people who call me out as "wrong" get a grip on reality as this jerk not only escaped murder but laughed at it at the taxpayer expense because he committed this crime in MA. Then went on to continue his career AS A FRONT RUNNING SENATOR REPRESENTING THE PEOPLE OF MASS!

fvckin joke. I'll call him out if I want to in my death pool as he deserves it and so does OJ, Castro and the likes of every scumbag who has the money to commit a crime in a liberal state that prevents real justice.

You kill and you deserve the punishment. Ted laughed at the consequences because he and his family could and now he will pay the price.

Please Petey.

It's the left that revel in the sickness and death of those on the right, led by your heroes at the Dailykos and moveon..........

If Kennedy was a Republican and killed Mary Jo, his career would have been over.

It's acceptable for the Demoncrats.

That's why he's probably going to die in his late 70s? That's some weak-ass karma.

That was funny.

But he did get away with vehicular manslaughter in the least.

And the Dems never had a problem with it.

Her family must have gotten a major cash settlement.

I'm not going to defend a news channel who vomits their propaganda onto the accepting the masses, be it liberal or consernative, but come on Petey, you've never made a joke in bad taste?

Not about killing someone. This was especially bad in light of Hillary's RFK comments the other day.

You don't get put on death row for vehicular manslaughter. If you did, Craig MacTavish wouldn't be coaching in Edmonton today. As I recall, he served a year for it. Since Ted Kennedy had vehicular manslaughter and either failure to report or obstuction of justice, it would/could/should have been more than that. But you don't wind up on death row for it. Not even if you aren't a Kennedy. So, although I dislike him, please, don't exaggerate. Besides, MA didn't have the death penalty at the time (or, in fact, now), and it happened in MA. No matter how you try to tell the story, he wasn't ending up on death row.

If people really were executed for every vehicular manslaughter charge (and if they went by the book and prosecuted every single car crash where someone killed someone else with a car as at least vehicular manslaughter) then Dany Heatley would be on death row and, well, Laura Bush wouldn't be First Lady. So, let's dial it back a little.

Sue, who was that for?

The original poster. Not you. He was the one who, in his second post, was claiming that anyone else who did that would be on death row or would have been executed by now. And, however much I think Kennedy should have been prosecuted, it doesn't seem to fit the facts of the case.

The original poster. Not you. He was the one who, in his second post, was claiming that anyone else who did that would be on death row or would have been executed by now. And, however much I think Kennedy should have been prosecuted, it doesn't seem to fit the facts of the case.

I think Heatley was sentenced to 3 years probation, and that was for second degree vehicular homicide. Never set foot in a jail, but incidents such as his and Kennedys dont suprise me. Justice is far from being blind.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.