2008 NJ Devils Draft Party

BlizzardCyclone

No info as of yet and will be getting more info soon thru their emails. I received this email a few weeks ago and called the Rock and they didn't have any more news. All they said that the Draft party will be most likely in the big restaurant behind the goal side.

Just got an email from the Devils with the details on this thing. Parking will be $5 in the garage next to the arena, doors open at 6:30, current and former Devils will be there to sign autographs and pose for pictures, the mascot and minor league mascots will be there, Matt Laughlin and Sherry Ross will host it (Matt can announce our draft pick 3 minutes after it happens), fans can skate on the practice rink (bring your own skates), there will be interactive games, giveaways, and raffles. There will also be a sale of new and used hockey equipment. The draft will be broadcast on the big screens in the arena.

I'm curious to see what the turnout to this is. I'm expecting either a very big crowd and once again they'll be overwhelmed like in 2005 or not too many people because it's now on a Friday night. Either way, I'd say get there early. That parking garage doesn't look too big.

I'm curious to see what the turnout to this is. I'm expecting either a very big crowd and once again they'll be overwhelmed like in 2005 or not too many people because it's now on a Friday night. Either way, I'd say get there early. That parking garage doesn't look too big.

Friday night kills it for me. I can't make it -- although I'd love to go.

I won't be there for sure, not wasting $15 bucks for a train ride just to wait until pick 21. I mean have fun for anyone that is going, but I'll get more info on TV on Versus. The 2006 Draft party was a waste, I didn't go, but it must have been because they traded down to Draft Corrente and he was not in Vancouver to go up and put on a Devils sweater. Plus the OLN coverage ended after the 29th pick.

Yes the draft day or now night party has always been a free event. Now we just have to pay $5 for parking and skate rentals if you want to skate out on the practice ice rink and have no skates of your own to use. I would love to make this night but so far it does not look too good. I wish they would come out and say if there is going to be any Devils players from this seasons team going to be there that night. That way it would have more fans attending draft night. Right now I just do not know if I will be attending. :noclue:

it's worth it for the chance to skate on the practice rink alone!!

Hope they do an equipment sale also!!

Amen. And I can't even skate.

C'mon, it's something hockey-related - Devils hockey-related, no less - in mid-June. Worth the train ticket at least. I'll be there, with 2MA stickers (in case anyone was on the fence about going, and that talks you into it - y'never know!)

If I lived relatively close, I'd be there for sure, skates and all, gladly paying the $15 for the train.

I want to buy a pair of Cam's gloves, White's old skates, or old jerseys.

I will definately be there. I can just take the Path train right from work and be there by 6pm. I want to grab some autos.

I think they were overwhelmed with the 05 one because they were giving out free ticket vouchers.