Over the Years: MARKETING & PROMOTION THREAD

DevilinLA

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

clearly the life size posters of chico given away in 1984 was the coolest promo ever...how can you top that?

OMG I remember that SGA. :blink: I have it some where in a box all folded up. It also had a measuring stick in height on the side of the poster if I remember correctly. I got that signed by Chico and he said it brought him back some good memories when he saw it. he did laugh at first and gave not seen one in many years. Good SGA.

Perhaps some very kind Season Ticket Holder (or other knowledgeble soul) could provide us with a quick list of all the "Giveaways" from this past 2007-2008 Season.

I'd like to evaluate (with everyone's help) what they did this year in contrast with what was done in some previous years.

As I said, I'm very serious about sending a quick list (via email to their Marketing & Promotions dept.)of what you guys feel has worked over the years in terms of promotions and giveaways to bring folks in!

My own humble way of trying to help all the way from out here on the left coast! :noclue:

Edited by DevilinLA

OMG I remember that SGA. :blink: I have it some where in a box all folded up. It also had a measuring stick in height on the side of the poster if I remember correctly. I got that signed by Chico and he said it brought him back some good memories when he saw it. he did laugh at first and gave not seen one in many years. Good SGA.

sadly mine is lost to the ravages of time, but for years that was tacked on the wall in my room.

i think it was sponsered by instant oatmeal...lol!

Perhaps some very kind Season Ticket Holder (or other knowledgeble soul) could provide us with a quick list of all the "Giveaways" from this past 2007-2008 Season.

I'd like to evaluate (with everyone's help) what they did this year in contrast with what was done in some previous years.

As I said, I'm very serious about sending a quick list (via email to their Marketing & Promotions dept.)of what you guys feel has worked over the years in terms of promotions and giveaways to bring folks in!

My own humble way of trying to help all the way from out here on the left coast! :noclue:

DevlinLA,

Here were the SGA from this past season 2007-2008 Innaugural Season.

Oct. 27 - Ottawa - Opening Night Print

Oct. 31 - TB - Devils Magnetic Schedule

Nov. 8 - Philadelphia - Devils Team Calendar

Nov. 16 - NYI - Food Drive

Nov. 30 - Montreal - Devils Hockey Puck

Dec. 5 - Boston - Toys for Tots

Dec. 7 - Washington - Scott Stevens Hall Of Fame

Dec. 15 - Phoenix - Devils Youth Jersey

Dec. 16 - Philadelphia - Devils Collector Pin

Jan. 16 - NYI - Coat Drive

Feb. 2 - Los Angeles - Devils Youth Poster

Feb. 18 - Carolina - Devils Baseball Cap

Apr. 2 - Boston - Fan Appreciation Day

IMO, there were not enough of SGA for the 1st Innaugural Season @ the Prudential Center. :noclue: They need more promotions next season.

There were also two games this season they had the $1 Hot Dogs if you want to count that as a promotion.

sadly mine is lost to the ravages of time, but for years that was tacked on the wall in my room.

i think it was sponsered by instant oatmeal...lol!

Ha ha yeah it was Instant Oatmeal as the sponsor. :evil:

DevlinLA,

Here were the SGA from this past season 2007-2008 Innaugural Season.

Oct. 27 - Ottawa - Opening Night Print

Oct. 31 - TB - Devils Magnetic Schedule

Nov. 8 - Philadelphia - Devils Team Calendar

Nov. 16 - NYI - Food Drive

Nov. 30 - Montreal - Devils Hockey Puck

Dec. 5 - Boston - Toys for Tots

Dec. 7 - Washington - Scott Stevens Hall Of Fame

Dec. 15 - Phoenix - Devils Youth Jersey

Dec. 16 - Philadelphia - Devils Collector Pin

Jan. 16 - NYI - Coat Drive

Feb. 2 - Los Angeles - Devils Youth Poster

Feb. 18 - Carolina - Devils Baseball Cap

Apr. 2 - Boston - Fan Appreciation Day

IMO, there were not enough of SGA for the 1st Innaugural Season @ the Prudential Center. :noclue: They need more promotions next season.

There were also two games this season they had the $1 Hot Dogs if you want to count that as a promotion.

Ha ha yeah it was Instant Oatmeal as the sponsor. :evil:

Thanks a lot SD - Very Helpful!!! :dance:

Like I said, I'm going to paste all these into a "Pro's and Con's of Being a Devils Fan @ The Rock" suggestion email to be sent to the Marketing & Promotions Dept at the end of June!!

All Reasonable requests, feedback, promotions suggestions to be included!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Thanks a lot SD - Very Helpful!!! :dance:

Like I said, I'm going to paste all these into a "Pro's and Con's of Being a Devils Fan @ The Rock" suggestion email to be sent to the Marketing & Promotions Dept at the end of June!!

All Reasonable requests, feedback, promotions suggestions to be included!!! :clap::clap::clap:

You welcome. :)

Very good idea and their marketing really sucks and has sucked for a very longtime. Now with all the ticket and parking prices going up I do not see how they will draw more fans to the games at the Rock? :noclue: The marketing has to get a lot better and they should not have raised the parking for the STh as well as the $10 which brought the fans out to the games.

I liked the Christmas ornaments they used to give out with the year on it, the couple of duffel bag nights they had, and my favorite of all time, six pack cooler bag night. These were all from the mid 90s when get this, we averaged over 17,000 per game. Just look at 99% of all teams in all sports, minor and major, and they all have much better giveaways than the Devils. Even teams that sell out every game give stuff away to the fans. Each year our giveaways have gotten more and more lame and this past season was the worst.

Stop with the dancing girls please. There's a time and a place for everything, and a hockey game isn't the time or place for this. I'm sure the girls that are forced to dance feel the same way.

Do whatever it takes to get Devil/Ranger tickets in the hands of Devil fans. Even I don't have a solid answer for this one so I know for sure the marketing dept. doesn't either.

$100 seats become $65, $75 seats become $45, $65 seats become $35, $95 seats become $65. Looks like that ain't happening either.

Finally, MAKE SEASON TICKETS WORTH IT. Give season ticket holders a bunch of perks. Go to just about every other small market team's site and look at the rediculous offers they have to become season ticket holders. Free jerseys, insane discounts, etc, etc.

I liked the Christmas ornaments they used to give out with the year on it, the couple of duffel bag nights they had, and my favorite of all time, six pack cooler bag night. These were all from the mid 90s when get this, we averaged over 17,000 per game. Just look at 99% of all teams in all sports, minor and major, and they all have much better giveaways than the Devils. Even teams that sell out every game give stuff away to the fans. Each year our giveaways have gotten more and more lame and this past season was the worst.

Stop with the dancing girls please. There's a time and a place for everything, and a hockey game isn't the time or place for this. I'm sure the girls that are forced to dance feel the same way.

Do whatever it takes to get Devil/Ranger tickets in the hands of Devil fans. Even I don't have a solid answer for this one so I know for sure the marketing dept. doesn't either.

$100 seats become $65, $75 seats become $45, $65 seats become $35, $95 seats become $65. Looks like that ain't happening either.

Finally, MAKE SEASON TICKETS WORTH IT. Give season ticket holders a bunch of perks. Go to just about every other small market team's site and look at the rediculous offers they have to become season ticket holders. Free jerseys, insane discounts, etc, etc.

Thanks Skeeter there are some real solid points here that I'll be sure to include. :dance:

Quick Request:

Could I make an appeal to "The Powers That Be" here (i.e. DM, MSWEET, Rowdy) to equip me with some juicy knowledgeable stats about our little Devils community here - so that when I send this courteous feedback compilation letter/list - Devils Marketing & Promotions will have some sense of who we are here. :noclue:

The best Devils promotion I ever went to ... Ken Daneyko bobbleheads.

The best hockey promotion I ever went to ... when the Flyers gave out Donald Brashear bobblehands dolls. Seriously. The head stayed still, but his gloves shook like hell. Hate the Flyers, but that's freakin genius.

I think the orange wigs they gave away was the beast promo ever ! :boogie:

flyerswigs.jpg

Edited by El Diablo

Trying to get ready to send this feedback compilation....

Mods (Rowdy, MSSweet, DM) - are these accurate for our board?

Also what year did we launch?

NJDEVS Statistics

Our members have made a total of 605,579 posts

We have 1,929 registered members

Any other feedback guys? :noclue:

I know Lou is opposed to promoting individuals within the team, but for crying out loud get Marty's face on some billboards and TV ads. He's the greatest goalie who ever lived and he'll be wearing our jersey for the next four years (hopefully more). Promote what you've got, and we've got the best.

Other than that, have more giveaways. The Yankees could have absolutely no giveaways this season and still sell out nearly every game what with it being the last year in the Stadium and all. But they still have a giveaway almost every day! It's not just about trying to fill seats, but it's a way to say Thank You to your fans.

And more bobbleheads. :D

BTW DevilinLA, way to take the initiative on this. It's easy to bitch and moan but you're at least trying to do something about it (from the other side of the country, no less). Good luck, and let us know how everything goes.

I'm in agreement with the bobbleheads. I finally saw the SGA bobblehead of the Devil mascot on ebay and it went for over 50.00. I also saw a Marty bobblehead SGA starting at 60.00. I would love to see the Devils give away more bobbleheads.

I'm in agreement with the bobbleheads. I finally saw the SGA bobblehead of the Devil mascot on ebay and it went for over 50.00. I also saw a Marty bobblehead SGA starting at 60.00. I would love to see the Devils give away more bobbleheads.

The SGA Devils Mascot bobblehead is really cool! I got it off of eBay a few years ago for like $12. :evil:

Edited by 95Crash

The only reason those bobbleheads went for so much was because the Devils rarely give them away. With that said, I do agree that bobbleheads would be an excellent idea, among some other giveaways.

I know Lou is opposed to promoting individuals within the team, but for crying out loud get Marty's face on some billboards and TV ads. He's the greatest goalie who ever lived and he'll be wearing our jersey for the next four years (hopefully more). Promote what you've got, and we've got the best.

Other than that, have more giveaways. The Yankees could have absolutely no giveaways this season and still sell out nearly every game what with it being the last year in the Stadium and all. But they still have a giveaway almost every day! It's not just about trying to fill seats, but it's a way to say Thank You to your fans.

And more bobbleheads. :D

BTW DevilinLA, way to take the initiative on this. It's easy to bitch and moan but you're at least trying to do something about it (from the other side of the country, no less). Good luck, and let us know how everything goes.

Thanks.

I'm going to post a composite list of everything HERE IN THIS THREAD by the end of this week so everyone can see it.

So, if you have any feedback that you want to get to the ears of the Marketing & Promotions topic please post

it to this thread before: June 19th 12:00 Am (PST).