Draft Day Party Details!

DevilNurn

http://devils.nhl.com/team/app/?service=pa...rticleid=365402

New Jersey Devils Draft Party and Select-a-Seat Event

Friday, June 20, 2008

Prudential Center, Newark, NJ

7:00 p.m until 10:00 p.m

Hey Devils Fans,

Don't miss the Devils Draft Party on Friday, June 20 at Prudential Center. Watch the 2008 Entry Draft live, get player autographs and skate on the Devils' practice rink with your fellow Devils fans. You'll also have the opportunity to select and purchase your seats for the 2008-09 season. Admission is free! The arena's tower entrances open at 6:30 p.m., so make your plans now!

* Current and former Devils, as well as N.J. Devil, the team

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure there will be a good turnout for the draft party this year since it is the first one at the Prudential Center and many of the fans want to see the practice facility up close and be able to skate. I got the same email from the Devils this morning as well and thought it would be a good turnout. They should say more on who or which Devils players will be attending.

I want more info on this whole skating on the practice ice business. I don't own ice skates because I've never skated in my life, but I'd be willing to make a fool of myself if they were renting skates or something...

Skate on the Devils

Yeah, I saw that part, I was just more hopin'.

But this IS the Devils we're talking about, I guess ice AND skates is a bit much to expect. Baby steps.

Name me one other team in any hockey league that supplies fans with skates when they let fans skate on their rink?

It doesn't happen.

Edited by Satans Hockey

Name me one other team in any hockey league that supplies fans with skates when they let fans skate on their rink?

It doesn't happen.

I've never heard of letting the fans skate at all, the whole concept is foreign to me, particularly because the Devils rarely do anything so fan-friendly. But I'd think they could make a little extra money renting out skates.

I've never heard of letting the fans skate at all, the whole concept is foreign to me, particularly because the Devils rarely do anything so fan-friendly. But I'd think they could make a little extra money renting out skates.

A good bunch of nhl teams having skating parties on their rinks.

Basically every minor league team has a skate with the players event for their season ticket holders.

I believe gold circle members use to have a skate on the rink event back at CAA but I'm not 100% sure.

For them to make money on renting out skates they would first have to go out and buy a ton. It's not worth it to them.

It doesn't happen.

Columbus :P

Basically every minor league team has a skate with the players event for their season ticket holders.

I believe gold circle members use to have a skate on the rink event back at CAA but I'm not 100% sure.

I think that a lot of minor league teams (Lowell included) provide skates because they play in rinks that have open sessions, which means that they have the skates handy.

Also, I think you're right about the Gold Circle thing but ALL season ticket holders used to be invited to Skate With the Devils at South Mountain. I have a hat signed by most of the 89-90 team. After that they moved to the concourse at CAA and finally cut it back to just GC.

It doesn't happen.

Well they do have a skate rental in the practice facility right when you walk in. :noclue: Maybe they will have rental skates that night.

I will DEFINITELY be there, it should be pretty sick.

ill be there. probably with my friend, and maybe soon to be gf.

my friend is a devs fan, but the girl is a rangers fan. so please dont give her sh!t, i do all the time anyways so its covered. :lol:

Haha same here, her dad REFUSES to go to a Devils game with me, but he has no problem taking me to a Rag's game (aside from me wearing my jersey :evil: )

Alright CRASHER! Now you can finally get your exercise in after a long offseason! How many laps you thinking about doing? (Around the concourse)

HA :P

Actually there's a park by UCC Cranford that I do 4 miles a day in now!!

(27 pounds and counting!!!)

Not to mention when we ACTUALLY get people to show up for hockey!!

And I think my laps will be on ice skates with my friends who are coming with! B )

27 pounds? That's quite the accomplishment, congratulations. Well, if I skate past you, I'll be sure to say hi. I'll be the one in a Devils jersey. (That should help you pick me out of the crowd :lol:)

Well I'm halfway there :P

I'm sure that my little group will stick out nicely....

Just look out for the Argentinian hip check :P

(what she does is beyond my control :lol:)

Oh, and CRASH, you might want to take the hyperlink out of the "www.crasherline.net" in your signature.. because when I click it, I get some weird looking semi-attractive female staring at me like I just punched her in the stomache. Hmph.

Oh sh!t... yeah one of these days this summer I will work on reviving my webpage

it's a project

(and why I have the myspace link... I just put my rants there for now!!)

I'll be there. I need some more devils to sign my photo of center ice at CAA.