NHL 09!

ClutchDevil30

Does the NHL series work like the Madden series, where the guy on the cover is basically fvcked for the rest of his career (or at least a year or two)?

tends to be

then again I love the logo for the new Madden game :lol:

Does the NHL series work like the Madden series, where the guy on the cover is basically fvcked for the rest of his career (or at least a year or two)?

NHL 98 - Forsberg

NHL 99 - Lindros

NHL 00 - Pronger

NHL 01 - Nolan

NHL 02 - Mario Lemieux

NHL 03 - Iginla

NHL 04 - Heatley

NHL 05 - Naslund

NHL 06 - Lecavalier

NHL 07 - Ovechkin

NHL 08 - Eric Staal

Aside from Heatleys appearance on NHL 04 (the season he had his car accident) the NHL series has been relativly curse-free.

Not really.

08 - Staal

07 - Ovechkin

06 - Lecavalier

05 - Naslund

04 - Heatley than he was taking off due to the accident and Sakic replaced him

03 - Iginla

02 - Mario Lemieux

01 - Owen Nolan

00 - Chris Pronger

99 - Eric Lindros

98 - Peter Forsberg

97 - John Vanbiesbrouck

96 - Steve Yzerman and Scott Stevens

I think its safe to say that is a pretty good list of players. No one on there has had a bad career so far.

"Warning: Pucks may fly into the spectator area and cause serious injury, keep alert at all times."

Ha I remember hearing that in like NHL 2000 or NHL 2001 on the Playstation 1..

Cant wait for '09.. i oddly got really sick of '08 pretty fast though..

NOTHING can beat NHL Faceoff '99.

Doc and Chico commentating. So sick.

You sure it was Chico? I remember Doc commentated with Darren Pang for Faceoff 2000 and Faceoff 2001.. I dont recall playing '99 though so maybe you're right

Edited by nmigliore

yeah, i think their editor slowed it down so the average person could see the puck. Regardless, pretty weak. In real life that goal doesn't go in on the ice like that.

Still... awesome that Phaneuf is the cover athelete.

Wish Marty would have made the cover just once. I'll be picking this up when it hits the shelves although I suck at video games. I'm good at NHL 07 on my PSP, but suck at 08 on my xbox 360. Graphics are killer though.

One can only hope.

Still... awesome that Phaneuf is the cover athelete.

Rather have Elisha.

Anyone remember NHL Hitz 20-02? Stevens on the cover, ridiculous stats... man, I was a God at that game. Then the next one came out and had so many damn glitches but rather than fix them all, they ended the series. Haven't owned an NHL game since. Probably won't again cause no one seems interested in bringing one to the Wii.

Now I want to play Hitz, though I need to find it. That'll take days. Ugh.

Rather have Elisha.

Anyone remember NHL Hitz 20-02? Stevens on the cover, ridiculous stats... man, I was a God at that game. Then the next one came out and had so many damn glitches but rather than fix them all, they ended the series. Haven't owned an NHL game since. Probably won't again cause no one seems interested in bringing one to the Wii.

Now I want to play Hitz, though I need to find it. That'll take days. Ugh.

I actually JUST bought NHL Hitz 02 for 2 bucks used. Only problem was, it was Hitz 03 in the box. Oh well, two bucks, can't go wrong.