NJ intrested in Jagr.

Elias26

I wonder how bad jagr would mess up our team chemistry, (or potentially mesh in, gotta look at both sides of the puck).

Who knows...but if we get him I wonder how many people will playing the whole "I hate that guy, but now that he plays for the Devils I LOVE HIM!!!!"

:rolleyes:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Normally I don't like this whole idea of stealing players from your rivals. I hate Gomez for betraying the Devils and I don't like Rangers players, so I wouldn't like to see most of them in NJ. BUT after what the Rags did last year and with their reputation of signing former Devils, I think my view changed a bit, if it would be good for our team to get one of the Rangers, then I don't mind. Obviously Jagr would be a great aqusition, but it's impossible IMO. It's either the Rangers or Russia.

2 questions.

1. Wouldn't you be one of them? Or would you piss and moan every time he put the puck in the net for us.

2. What's wrong with that? Is there an issue that we boo Gomez because he left for the Rags? So why can't we cheer for someone who comes from them.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I was merely making an observation.

1. I probably would be "one of them" if he makes the team better sure, why not? I NEVER "piss and moan" when someone scores for us.

2. Nothing is wrong with that. There is no issue that we boo for Gomez. I'm not saying we can't cheer for someone who comes from the rags. Hell, I cheered for Rachunek and Mottau. I just think its funny that sports seems to be the only forum where a blinding hate for a player usually dissolves the instant he/she dons your team's colors.

No reason to get defensive. We're all friends here. :D

Edited by britoon

No man with a D-bag tag should play for the Devils.

Also, he's a right wing. As is Gionta. So I seriously doubt he'd be thrown in as a center. Most likely he'd just go from playing with a natural playmaking center in Gomez to Elias. So unless you think there would be some Czech magic, his numbers would probably drop. To those thinking he's this natural goal scorer, he's been marginally better than Brian since the lockout.

Goals- Jagr Gio

05-06 54 48

06-07 30 25

07-08 25 22

Assists he's blown Gionta out of the water, but we need a guy who can put the puck in the net. Not another guy who can make a pretty pass. Is he skillful? Yes. Is he a cocky bastard? Yes. Would Lou go after a guy like that? No.

Normally I don't like this whole idea of stealing players from your rivals. BUT after what the Rags did last year (and with their reputation of signing former Devils) I think my view's changed a bit. If it would be good for our team to get one of the Rangers, then I don't mind. Obviously Jagr would be a great aqusition

AMEN! For years they've taken (or have tried to take) our top talent. Let them sweat a little. I loved reading the Jagr/Rozsival rumor today. Don't stop there though. Go sign Mara, Strudwick, Malik, all of 'em! Raid that whole f_cking organization. :evil:

No man with a D-bag tag should play for the Devils.

Also, he's a right wing. As is Gionta. So I seriously doubt he'd be thrown in as a center. Most likely he'd just go from playing with a natural playmaking center in Gomez to Elias. So unless you think there would be some Czech magic, his numbers would probably drop. To those thinking he's this natural goal scorer, he's been marginally better than Brian since the lockout.

Goals- Jagr Gio

05-06 54 48

06-07 30 25

07-08 25 22

Assists he's blown Gionta out of the water, but we need a guy who can put the puck in the net. Not another guy who can make a pretty pass. Is he skillful? Yes. Is he a cocky bastard? Yes. Would Lou go after a guy like that? No.

Lou actually tried trading for him multiple times during the 90's, which he confirmed in the Star Ledger. Wish I could give you th exact date and year, but it was after a night that Jagr torched the Devils in the regular season. Dig deep enough and the quote is still probably out there. It's the only time I can ever remember him openly admitting to going after a player.

I'd take Jagr in a heartbeat, I just don't think he's leaving ny.

Count me among those who wouldn't mind seeing him in NJ. He's got boatloads of talent, and that's exactly what this team needs. Not the mention the immediate boost he'd give our PP.

Plus, my Rags fan roomate just got a Jagr jersey, so it would be freakin SWEET!

Lou actually tried trading for him multiple times during the 90's, which he confirmed in the Star Ledger. Wish I could give you th exact date and year, but it was after a night that Jagr torched the Devils in the regular season. Dig deep enough and the quote is still probably out there. It's the only time I can ever remember him openly admitting to going after a player.

Thought this was about Selanne? (pre-2003 - when Selanne was being moved by the Jets/Coyotes)

Anyway, I wouldn't take Jagr in a heartbeat as he wasn't that good this past season - but it's all moot anyway since the odds of him coming here are like 150:1 against.

Well Jagr in the 90's was a different player then now... multiple scoring titles and such. Hard to imagine any GM wouldn't consider finding some space for him on his team. Still, I didn't know Lou ever openly admitted that he wanted the guy. And at the time I would have taken him in a heartbeat.

Now? Not so much.

I would be very surprised if Jagr wanted to play for the Devils.

Saying that I also think Jagr would help the Devils because he would bring strength puck control in the offensive zone which the Devils lack. Working with a player like Zubrus would probably complement each other very well. It would give the Devils one top offensive line or two strong offensive lines, each with a player that can hold the puck in Elias and Jagr.

On top of all this I have no idea what Jagr is going to want contract wise to stay in the NHL so I can't say whether he will be a good signing or bad signing for whatever team he goes to.

I can't see it. I know someone suggested that Jagr would like it for the anonymity, but, Jagr wanted to go to NY. He had anonymity in DC. He hated it - it wasn't just that the team was bad. He wanted someplace where he wasn't anonymous if he was going to stay in the NHL.

Also, especially now that Nylander is gone and neither Gomez or Drury clicked at center w/him, Jagr hasn't been thrilled playing Renney's system which, whatever the Rangers like to say, is pretty much the same as the NJ system. He's done it because they win. I can't imagine he'd come to NJ for less $$$ than he could get in Russia (and it's still no closer to home), less exposure than he could get in NY and plus, let's face it, the last several times a coach tried acting the way Sutter does with his players around Jagr, that coach got fired.

Something just doesn't seem right about this picture....

Normally I don't like this whole idea of stealing players from your rivals. I hate Gomez for betraying the Devils and I don't like Rangers players, so I wouldn't like to see most of them in NJ. BUT after what the Rags did last year and with their reputation of signing former Devils, I think my view changed a bit, if it would be good for our team to get one of the Rangers, then I don't mind. Obviously Jagr would be a great aqusition, but it's impossible IMO. It's either the Rangers or Russia.

I have to agree with Revan on this one. Should JJ come at the right price, I say go for it but I just don't see it happening. He would look slick with Elias, IMO.

I can't see it. I know someone suggested that Jagr would like it for the anonymity, but, Jagr wanted to go to NY. He had anonymity in DC. He hated it - it wasn't just that the team was bad. He wanted someplace where he wasn't anonymous if he was going to stay in the NHL.

Also, especially now that Nylander is gone and neither Gomez or Drury clicked at center w/him, Jagr hasn't been thrilled playing Renney's system which, whatever the Rangers like to say, is pretty much the same as the NJ system. He's done it because they win. I can't imagine he'd come to NJ for less $$$ than he could get in Russia (and it's still no closer to home), less exposure than he could get in NY and plus, let's face it, the last several times a coach tried acting the way Sutter does with his players around Jagr, that coach got fired.

Something just doesn't seem right about this picture....

Dammit, why did you have to ruin this fantasy with your "logic" and "reason" mularkey. ;)