NHL Awards Game Day Thread

CMONPETEYD

Congrats Marty!!!!!

I figured Nabokov had a better chance of beating Marty than Datsyuk winning over either Madden or Zetterberg.

Sorry Johnny.....you got robbed.

I expected Zetts to win, but wouldn't have been surprised had Dog Boy won it.

Dats winning it?

Doesn't actually bother me at all.

Either of the three was choice prime rib if you ask me.

Good stuff.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very pleased with Marty winning the Vezina.

I just thought i'd drop by and offer my congratulations to Marty Brodeur. So yeah. Congratulations Marty on ANOTHER Vezina!!!

Here's how they voted for the Vezina.

Brodeur 113

Nabokov 106

Lundqvist 13

Lundqvist 13 :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I like how some of you say sh!t about Lundqvist getting hardly any votes, when actually Lundqvist had no chance to win it btw.

Any Rangers fan that thinks he did is an idiot.

At least bash Lundqvist when he has a respectable number of votes instead of "13".

The fact that Lundqvist was even there this year, when he was much better last year, and much too inconsistent this year, is not saying much, as I didn't think he deserved the honors to be there this year.

But I guess his shutouts and Save % were good enough for him to be nominated. I'm pretty sure though that there could've been other choices though.

Again, congratulations to Brodeur!!!

I love Niklas Lidstrom

I would hope it was 5 seconds to figure out they fvcked up and the other six minutes figuring out how to fix it.

Didn't VERSUS have a problem with the awards show last year too, where it didn't get shown and it had to be seen on replay at 11 at night, a truck catching on fire?

I think it was a fire in the CBC truck, which many people still considered to be the fault of Versus.

My guess is this year's problem was also on CBC since they started showing some other show which was probably a Canadian show based on the maple leaf outline on the little box that said PG in it when it started. I'm guessing Versus saw this, realized they had to do something about it, so they put on the draft lottery show until they got the award show broadcast fixed.

As far as the show itself is concerned, did anyone catch the joke the host made in the beginning when he subtly made a jab at Bettman? It was something like "In 1952 which was the year the octopus tradition started, Gary,..." It's harder to get the point across by typing it but basically he was trying to say Bettman isn't familiar with hockey traditions. I found it pretty funny.

I just thought i'd drop by and offer my congratulations to Marty Brodeur. So yeah. Congratulations Marty on ANOTHER Vezina!!!

I like how some of you say sh!t about Lundqvist getting hardly any votes, when actually Lundqvist had no chance to win it btw.

Any Rangers fan that thinks he did is an idiot.

At least bash Lundqvist when he has a respectable number of votes instead of "13".

The fact that Lundqvist was even there this year, when he was much better last year, and much too inconsistent this year, is not saying much, as I didn't think he deserved the honors to be there this year.

But I guess his shutouts and Save % were good enough for him to be nominated. I'm pretty sure though that there could've been other choices though.

Again, congratulations to Brodeur!!!

Whoever the third person ended up being, they were gonna get laughed at. At least Sather voted for his own guy. Might have inadvertantly

sent him to this thing, but if you're a GM and you think your goalie is good, you should vote for him. Burke didn't vote Giguere his first choice, and that's why Lundqvist had to go.

Congratulations to Martin Brodeur on his 4th Vezina trophy!

"No 4 babaaay yeaaaah!!!!"

Great news, I wasn't sure if they would make the right choice, especially with quite a strong group of people thinking Nabokov was better. I'm not surprised the voting was so close between Marty and Nabby, Evgeni had a very strong year too, he deserved the nomination, but Brodeur had what it takes to win YET AGAIN.

One of the few bright moments for Devils fans this past season.

Whoever the third person ended up being, they were gonna get laughed at. At least Sather voted for his own guy. Might have inadvertantly

sent him to this thing, but if you're a GM and you think your goalie is good, you should vote for him. Burke didn't vote Giguere his first choice, and that's why Lundqvist had to go.

I guess so. Don't mind me. I was just defending my goalie. Which I guess is understandable. Didn't mean to put some focus on Lundqvist. This should be about Brodeur. :)