Brodeur wins Vezina Trophy

SC Devs Fan

Brodeur wins Vezina Trophy

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2008/06...ina_trophy.html

"It's a great honor. The older you get, you see all these young guys coming up and dominating the nets. It's always nice to be able to compete with these guys," Brodeur said after beating out Henrik Lundqvist of the Rangers and Evgeni Nabokov of the Sharks in the closest vote of all awards this year.

"I know every year I say, 'Maybe this will be the last,' but maybe this is the last," Brodeur said.

I seriously thought he wouldn't win it this year. I'm really glad he's getting the same treatment as the likes of Hasek and stuff - I was sure he'd be one of those guys the leagues get into their heads has won enough -- though other old shmoes get the rote votes for years.

I was sure he'd be one of those guys the leagues get into their heads has won enough -- though other old shmoes get the rote votes for years.

I thought the same thing. I'm almost shocked that he won. ... But pleasantly shocked!

MAR-TIN!!! (clap, clap) :clap:

those rags fans can stuff their 'quist chants up their ass ~~

Congratulations EL GRANDE !

We were doing the :hail: MAR-TIN!!! chants way before Lundqvist was in the league. I don't know why we stopped :noclue: . I always thought it sounded cool :devil: , and Marty would occasionally acknowledge it. :hi:

Edited by 95Crash

Was stoked that Marty won--he deserved it--I don't care what the so-called experts said about Nabakov--his save % was too low. I loved Marty's comments and am real curious to see how the summer goes. Do the right thing Lou.....

He put Lou on the spot with his speech last night though! Only Marty could get away with that

Do you really think Lou cares what Marty said? Lou will do what he wants and what he is directed to do re: the rest of team. I don't expect Lou to do much other than a couple of level 2 guys. He'll wait until March 2009 to see where they are at as a team if they have a chance in his opinion to strongly run for the cup then he will rent a player.

Edited by LucifersDog

i'm very happy that marty got the vezina. congrats marty.

i still cringe when i think about what life will be like once marty decides to call it a career. we should appreciate what we have now because we will never see another goaltender like him with this organ-i-zation ever again.

i'm very happy that marty got the vezina. congrats marty.

i still cringe when i think about what life will be like once marty decides to call it a career. we should appreciate what we have now because we will never see another goaltender like him with this organ-i-zation ever again.

I truly believe it will make Devils fans re-appreciate what a successful team we had and have. We've been spoiled (myself included) on having nearly a decade and a half of enjoying a quality team.

I was very happy when I heard Marty won. Hopefully, He can get some recgonition outside NJ as the very best goalie.