3rd round pick - ADAM HENRIQUE

ghdi

Seems like a depth pick. Henrique is on the smaller side and doesn't seem like he will be that much of an impact player. I'm not really excited about this pick.

Strengths: The skilled centre has been able to show his speed and two-way abilities as a secondary role this season. He plays a skilled game in the offensive zone and plays a tight checking game on the back check. His playmaking abilities are superb and he sees the ice well. Henrique is always on the puck and will fight it out along the boards. He is smart and is always alert to his surroundings. His shot is decent but he always looks to pass first.

Weakness: Henrique is on the small side and doesn

Seems like a depth pick. Henrique is on the smaller side and doesn't seem like he will be that much of an impact player. I'm not really excited about this pick.

Strengths: The skilled centre has been able to show his speed and two-way abilities as a secondary role this season. He plays a skilled game in the offensive zone and plays a tight checking game on the back check. His playmaking abilities are superb and he sees the ice well. Henrique is always on the puck and will fight it out along the boards. He is smart and is always alert to his surroundings. His shot is decent but he always looks to pass first.

Weakness: Henrique is on the small side and doesn

Lou goes after character as well. Re-read the scouting report on him "always on the puck, fight along boards, smart, etc". He's probably a player that can learn the NHL. Kind of like a John Madden protoge--and he wasn't even drafted.

Hmmm. Seems like a bit of a project for such a high pick. :noclue:

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Maybe Lou saw something in this guy that everybody else overlooked? Because there seemed like a bunch of better players still available when he was taken.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Maybe Lou saw something in this guy that everybody else overlooked? Because there seemed like a bunch of better players still available when he was taken.

Drafting isnt an exact science.

I like the pick, hes a character guy.

Drafting isnt an exact science.

I like the pick, hes a character guy.

I realize that, but the pick seemed a little premature. We don't need to be taking character guys in the third round; we'd benefit more from taking a few high risk high reward offensive players.

I realize that, but the pick seemed a little premature. We don't need to be taking character guys in the third round; we'd benefit more from taking a few high risk high reward offensive players.

Nah, im in the Conte camp here, we were weak down the middle. There arent really any game breaking potential centermen after Henrique. Good pick.

Nah, im in the Conte camp here, we were weak down the middle. There arent really any game breaking potential centermen after Henrique. Good pick.

Fair enough. I just think we should have waited another round before taking a "safe" pick, but only time will tell.

Fair enough. I just think we should have waited another round before taking a "safe" pick, but only time will tell.

Was ranked 65th, we took him at 82.

Cant really be upset at this choice, hes said to be in the John Madden school of thought. I'll take that over some Russian with potential.

By the time you get to the 3rd round, the high-upside picks are often gone.

Plus, this team isn't exactly brimming with character prospects. There's no guarantees that Rod Pelley is an NHL player - beyond that there's Hoeffel and Halischuk.

Get out of here with your common sense.

We want sexy picks and risks here.

:giggle:

I'd like it if the Devils devoted one season merely to safe picks - at least in the first four rounds. Obviously this is a sub-optimal strategy.

Has anyone re-drafted Kiril Tulupov yet?

the safe route would be interesting.

tulupov still out there - there really have not been that many russians this year. the lack of transfer agreement makes drafting them that much more of a risk.

the safe route would be interesting.

tulupov still out there - there really have not been that many russians this year. the lack of transfer agreement makes drafting them that much more of a risk.

Wouldn't Tulupov count as a North American prospect as he has played 2 years of junior in Canada?