Lubomir Visnovsky

sammy32

Since we have lost Rafalski, we have lost some of our experienced fire power at the blue line. Colin White doesn't count because he is always hurt. Lubomir Visnovsky is an experienced (soon to be free agent) that has the great ablility to set other people up. I say we get rid of andy greene cause he hasn't done much and get Lubomir Visnovsky. We need to start to fill the void that Rafalski has left behind. Anyone dissagree? Any problems?

Edited by sammy32

He is signed till 2013 at 5.6 mil a year. If his performance recovers from a bad year last year, with the way Defensive contracts are going, he will be a bargain for LA, who with the little defensive depth they currently have is in no rush to move the guy as they need bodies. That and LA is in no position to move quality roster players right now anyway, they are trying to get better not worse. Adding more prospects or picks, they have a plethora of both, does nothing to help that team right now. And i believe with all the prospects they have signed that they are in fact near or at the 50 contract limit anyway, so they cant take multiple guys back, which would have to be the case for a guy like Lubomir.

I think we all would like to see a skill upgrade to the blueline, but trading for Vishnovsky isnt the answer for either team involved.

I am sure LA would love to get out from under his crazy contract. $5.5M per for 5 years? When he is 36? We wouldn't give it to Rafalski why would we give it to him?

Well he is only 31 right now. But still teams dont deal from positions of weakness like defense is for the kings. They took two d in the first round sure, but those guys arent going to step in and take charge right now.

Well he is only 31 right now. But still teams dont deal from positions of weakness like defense is for the kings. They took two d in the first round sure, but those guys arent going to step in and take charge right now.

I am sure Doughty will play for them this year and I would not be surprised if Hickey makes their team either. The Kings are not going to contend in the near term. If they can get something of value back for an overpaid guy like Lubomir I think they grab it. I don't see how his contract would ever be value. He has only had two seasons that were remotely good offensively and with his injury history it is a big risk. I would have been more willing to commit to Raflaksi than deal with this contract plus giving something of value up in the process.

He is signed till 2013 at 5.6 mil a year. If his performance recovers from a bad year last year, with the way Defensive contracts are going, he will be a bargain for LA, who with the little defensive depth they currently have is in no rush to move the guy as they need bodies. That and LA is in no position to move quality roster players right now anyway, they are trying to get better not worse. Adding more prospects or picks, they have a plethora of both, does nothing to help that team right now. And i believe with all the prospects they have signed that they are in fact near or at the 50 contract limit anyway, so they cant take multiple guys back, which would have to be the case for a guy like Lubomir.

I think we all would like to see a skill upgrade to the blueline, but trading for Vishnovsky isnt the answer for either team involved.

So Right on BC.

Lubomir is the second most popular vet here in LA after Rob Blake, who is argueably done.

LA is not stupid, and realy doesn't any more picks, prospects, or future hopes - they have plenty.

This move woul dbe the NJ equivilant of moving John Madden or Elias in fan popularity.

I'd take Visnovsky at that price in a second, he's exactly what we need. Given the fact that LA appears to be run by an Idiot (i.e. they gave away Cammy for basically nothing yesterday) I'd inquire.

Nothing? Didn't LA get another pick in the top 15 for Cammy? Considering what Cammy was going to cost them next season, this was a good move for LA.

That being said, LV is making $7 million a year FAR, FAR too much.