Boowmeester wants out of Florida?

ghdi

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Devils may be interested, but we certainly don't have the pieces to offer. If Florida were to trade Bouwmeester (which their defense, frankly, could withstand after last week's trade), they'd probably be looking a first-line player in return, preferably a center. Florida's roster right now has one guy (Weiss) who was a reliable offensive center throughout last season. Unless they're thinking of moving McLean from the wing back to center, they're incredibly short up the middle right now. We could offer Gionta, but he's obviously not a center, and beyond that we've got squat to offer.

Edmonton's an interesting possibility for Bouwmeester. It's his hometown, the Oilers need defensive help, and they could offer up Pitkanen & Stoll in exchange, plus potentially an up-and-comer like Pouliot, Shremp, Nash.

Edited by insanity_gallops

Bouwmeester is one of the most talented Dmen in the league about to enter his prime. I would give up anything cept for Marty/Parise to get him.

agreed.

Why don't I think there's a snowballs chance in Hell this will happen?

agreed.

Zajac and Gionta are so expendable, just pull the trigger!

Zajac's young, inexpensive and has upside. Unless he's being included in a package for a bona-fide star player, he needs to stay...just too early to give up on him.

As for Gio...if the right deal's there, sure, but I get the feeling teams are going to buy low and hope for a high reward...which means Lou probably won't find a deal to his liking.

Zajac's young, inexpensive and has upside. Unless he's being included in a package for a bona-fide star player, he needs to stay...just too early to give up on him.

As for Gio...if the right deal's there, sure, but I get the feeling teams are going to buy low and hope for a high reward...which means Lou probably won't find a deal to his liking.

Ok, and that star player is Bouwmeester....

Zajac hasn't really done anything in 2 years here. He's tall, but packs no meat on the ice. Of his like 20 goals he's scored in 2 years, they've mostly been garbage goals. He does have upside, sure, but he isn't a first line center for years to come. And as far as I see it, it isn't giving up as it's getting the best value at the best time for a player like Zajac before he turns into a Gionta value.

Bouwmeester on the other hand is such an asset on defensemen. Especially since Colin White really sucks more than ever, and only has one eye. Bouwmeester is a 1st pairing defensemen for years to come. Him and Martin as a pairing in key situations (PP, PK, remaining minutes) is mouth watering.

Gionta is lost without Gomez, that's pretty obvious. His value is the opposite of Zajac, but packaged with him makes him look nicer.

If only Lou could sell Zajac as a first line center (the Panthers blaring need), and if the Panthers are oblivious of Gionta's need for a assist-producing center this deal could work. Throwing in Brookbank wouldn't hurt either, who can be molded as a 25% Bouwmeester in the Panthers eyes.

I'll stick with what I've stated elsewhere.

Corrente + Gio + Zajac + 1st for him. I mean C'mon - this is the team that GAVE Olli to PHX for next to nothing. I'd like see a power center added to the lineup, but with giving up that much to get Jay, we'd really need Bergfors/Vrana to fill out the lines.

Parise-Elias-Bergfors

Zubrus-Madden-Rolston :whistling:

Pandolfo-Pelley-Langenbrunner

Vrana-Rupp-Clarkson

Martin-Oduya

White-Bouwmeester

Salvador-Mottau

Vish

I think that lineup would make the playoffs, but I'm not sure how far they'd go. It aches for another center...

gave olli? you mean for keith ballard, one of the best young defenders in the game, and nick boynton, a legitimate top 4 guy?

Ballard - 82 games 6G 15A +7 85 PIM

Boynton - 79 games 3G 9A -9 125 PIM

I can find plenty of D men with those stats for well under the combined $5.5 Mil a year they cost.

Offer everything we got. JBou is the defender we have been missing for a long time. I agree with RG's offer.

Corrente + Gio + Zajac + 1st even more if necessary. If JBou has done this good in Florida, imagine him in NJ with the likes of Brodeur and Martin as a supporting cast. And Larry tutoring his every move.

DO IT LOU! :koolaid:

I hope Lou at least makes the call and sees what they want.

It will atleast be Gionta. Langs is too old and zajaac not nearly enough. Maybe they would throw in Halischuk w/ Gionta. Not that I'm in any big hurry for Gio to go anywhere. Maybe Oduya as well??

And if, as people are suggesting, Zajac & Gionta go to Florida for Bouwmeester... just who exactly is going to fill out the top 6 of the Devils? It would put the Devils in a similar situation as the Panthers: incredibly talented defense corps, absolutely pathetic top 6.

Only way that would work is if Lou goes for broke on a free agent signing like Hossa.

i would not trade zajac for boowmeester. gionta and a pick though i would do it in a second.

also after that deal is complete you trade bergfors for joni rfa contract.

devils then go onto sign vyborny and michael ryder.

parise elias vyborny

ryder zajac langs

pandolfo madden zubrus

rupp sarge/vrna clarkson

martin boowmester

oduya joni

white mottau/vv

Parise Elias Bergfors

Langs/Zubrus Vrana UFA

Pandolfo Madden Zubrus/Langs

Brylin Pelley Clarkson

Martin JBou

White Oduya

Salvador Vishnevski

Mottau/Greene/whoever

Rock solid D. Might be the best in the East an NHL. Offense looks ugly, but put in a UFA or 2, and we are decent. Always remember, DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS.

have you forgotten who the number 1 pick is next year. gms will be stockpiling draft picks.

tremendous logic. because the 1st overall pick is very good, teams will be trying to get the picks of teams who have a less than 2% chance of landing john tavares.

next up: the red wings trade their 1st round pick for dion phaneuf and the penguins trade theirs for marc staal.

the devils don't have the assets to pull this off - few do. the oilers are a good fit.