Vindictive Bettman is bad guy in this fight

'7'

by Larry Brooks, New York Post

Updated: June 25, 2008, 5:48 PM EST

OTTAWA - This threat to take the Rangers away from Jim Dolan isn't about legalities. This isn't even about the Garden suing the NHL. Not really. Rather, this is about Dolan and the Garden challenging the despotic reign of Gary Bettman just the way Bob Goodenow had the temerity to do so.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/8270088...y-in-this-fight

I was talking about this with my ranger fan co-workers this week

and here's what I don't understand....

did the NHL agree on this website thing as a whole.... board of governors?

How was this passed to make this a rule....

if this was passed by the board and went through full process then Dolan is wrong

if this was Gary Bettman's own brain-less child

then I can see where Dolan is coming from....

but like I said... me not knows!

I was talking about this with my ranger fan co-workers this week

and here's what I don't understand....

did the NHL agree on this website thing as a whole.... board of governors?

How was this passed to make this a rule....

if this was passed by the board and went through full process then Dolan is wrong

if this was Gary Bettman's own brain-less child

then I can see where Dolan is coming from....

but like I said... me not knows!

They voted on it. 25-3. BOG.

There's more to the story than is presented by blockheads like Larry Brooks, too. The Rangers more or less instigated this situation. There's been a Rangers vs. NHL web battle going since last year's first round of the playoffs, when the Rangers tried to get their games up on the website for out-of-market fans.

by Larry Brooks, New York Post

Updated: June 25, 2008, 5:48 PM EST

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/8270088...y-in-this-fight

Dumbass Larry Brooks is the shill in this fight.

Does everyone realize Bettman is simply the mouthpiece of the board? For a writer to portray Bettman as a renegade exec swinging his hammer against MSG as a vengeful act is just asinine. He is the 2 star battlefield general carrying out the orders of the 4 stars sitting back at headquarters strategizing with the secretary of defense.

Brooks = Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) on the Failmeter

And exactly where does Bettman think the Rangers will play if he strips Dolan and the Garden of ownership? At Rye Playland?

I think that's a perfect spot for this organisation.

Well, to be honest, I understand people associated with the Rangers... Everyone would be pissed if they were them. And Bettman IS a butt. But that doesn't change the fact, that kicking the Rangers out of this league would be a real dream-come-true for me. :P

Edited by Revan

Does everyone realize Bettman is simply the mouthpiece of the board? For a writer to portray Bettman as a renegade exec swinging his hammer against MSG as a vengeful act is just asinine. He is the 2 star battlefield general carrying out the orders of the 4 stars sitting back at headquarters strategizing with the secretary of defense.

Brooks = Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) on the Failmeter

Agreed, he is just doing as he's told.

And this whole situation is just a tinkle-tinkle contest anyway. Nothing will come of it.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'd like nothing more than to see the Kansas City Rangers in 2010. :pray:

I think that's a perfect spot for this organisation.

Well, to be honest, I understand people associated with the Rangers... Everyone would be pissed if they were them. And Bettman IS a butt. But that doesn't change the fact, that kicking the Rangers out of this league would be a real dream-come-true for me. :P

Nothing about this involves kicking the Rangers out unfortunately. I think the worst that would happen is the Rangers would end up with a new owner.

That would at least mean moving them either to the Barclay's Center or out of New York, maybe even out of the New York Metro Area (although I'd LMAO if they moved to the Izod Center :lol:). That would be sweet enough.

Oh, and if the moved out of the area, that would basically mean a new name, new place... No more Rangers, or at least New York Rangers. That's good enough for me. Hell, move them to San Fransisco.

One more thing:

Now, after a nine-month gestation period, the commissioner has given birth to a peculiar movement that, if successful, would leave the NHL without a New York team.

So what? Actually, there would still be TWO New York teams, the Devils and the Isles. That none of them play in NYC? Newark is 8 km away from Manhattan, if New Yorkers can flood East Rutherford for Giants or Jets games, why couldn't they root for the Devils? Or the Isles?

Actually, that would be sweet for our attendance. The most hardcore Rangers fans would follow the new team somewhere in Alaska, while there certainly would be some people willing to root for a local team, so at least some of New York hockey fans would switch to the Devs.

That would at least mean moving them either to the Barclay's Center or out of New York, maybe even out of the New York Metro Area (although I'd LMAO if they moved to the Izod Center :lol:). That would be sweet enough.

Oh, and if the moved out of the area, that would basically mean a new name, new place... No more Rangers, or at least New York Rangers. That's good enough for me. Hell, move them to San Fransisco.

One more thing:

So what? Actually, there would still be TWO New York teams, the Devils and the Isles. That none of them play in NYC? Newark is 8 km away from Manhattan, if New Yorkers can flood East Rutherford for Giants or Jets games, why couldn't they root for the Devils? Or the Isles?

Actually, that would be sweet for our attendance. The most hardcore Rangers fans would follow the new team somewhere in Alaska, while there certainly would be some people willing to root for a local team, so at least some of New York hockey fans would switch to the Devs.

They're not moving anywhere, Brooks is being an emotional melodramatic d-bag because someone said something bad about his meal ticket.

One more thing:

I would think they wouldn't have to move anywhere and would just have to pay rent to MSG. The Devils weren't owned by NJSEA but still got to play in the Meadowlands. Also, even if they did move, New York wouldn't be void of a team for very long. It's pretty clear that a team will always do well in that location.

I would think they wouldn't have to move anywhere and would just have to pay rent to MSG. The Devils weren't owned by NJSEA but still got to play in the Meadowlands. Also, even if they did move, New York wouldn't be void of a team for very long. It's pretty clear that a team will always do well in that location.

This thing will never go through, but if it did, I doubt Dolan would allow the team to play in his arena. This is all hypothetical. Someone will have to pay a fine or something, and it will all be over.

We can all dream of the wonders of a Rangerless NHL, though... :dance:

One more thing:

THE DEVILS ARE NOT A "NEW YORK" TEAM, THE DEVILS PLAY IN NEW JERSEY, NEW JERSEY IS NOT NY :rant::argh: :angry2: :yucky::kill: Fvck New York.

Furthermore, it is New Jersey residents that pack the meadowlands for Jets and Giants games, not NYers.

Nothing pisses me off more than when I hear the Devils refered to as a "NY area team", bullsh!t, New Jersey was a state long before NY was, the Giants-Jets-Yankees-Mets-Rangers-Isles-knicks are New Jersey area teams :whistling:

Just for the record Revan, this rant was not directed at you, it's directed at conceited NYers who think they are the be all and end all of the world.

I got into a discussion, well, an argument on a Ranger board where I sometimes post about the fact that this was a BOG decision and, by taking it to court and challenging the charter they were essentially challenging the BOG's and the league's right to make decisions under the charter. I asked if they could just ignore the ones they didn't like (although I did say I understood exactly why they didn't like it the standardized content the league allows is kind of lame and they felt they did a better job of marketing and communicating to their fan base before this decision) then did they feel that other decisions like, I don't know, the goalie trapezoid could just be arbetraily ignored if a team felt like it because, apparently, the Rangers have not only sued but are ignoring the BOG's decision.

I expected and then got a comment about the Devils' ignoring and violating the salary cap. I pointed out that they did neither, they asked for and received rulings on what parts of the CBA meant and abided by the decisions of the league, in fact, in one of those decisions, they were told that they could not remove Malakhov from the cap via suspension, no matter what they felt the CBA meant, in the second year of his contract and they had to find another way to do it. They did, via trade - the fact that Ranger fans believe the league caved does not change the fact that NJ never went outside the league to seek another way to resolve it, never said the league didn't have a right to enforce it's own CBA and, in fact, never said they were going to unilaterally ignore the CBA and go beyond it witthout a ruling from the league. They didn't say the league couldn't vote on a CBA or enforce it. They just asked what some of the clauses meant in certain situations. If they were doing something similar to the Rangers in this situation they would have told the NHL to f*ck itself with regard to the cap, not waited for a ruling and dared them to take them to court.

Nothing pisses me off more than when I hear the Devils refered to as a "NY area team", bullsh!t, New Jersey was a state long before NY was, the Giants-Jets-Yankees-Mets-Rangers-Isles-knicks are New Jersey area teams :whistling:

New Jersey and New York became states at the same time (July 4, 1776, when the Thirteen Colonies declared their independence from Great Britain). The only thing New Jersey has over New York is that they ratified the Constitution a mere seven months before New York did. I realize New Jerseyans have a 'tude because the rest of the country routinely sh!ts on them, but man, I think you went just a bit too far there.

screw the rangers...it's about time the league took away the franchise.

move them to quebec! lol!

:thumbsup: because we in Winnipeg would decline them.

Edited by brodeurrocks

New Jersey and New York became states at the same time (July 4, 1776, when the Thirteen Colonies declared their independence from Great Britain). The only thing New Jersey has over New York is that they ratified the Constitution a mere seven months before New York did. I realize New Jerseyans have a 'tude because the rest of the country routinely sh!ts on them, but man, I think you went just a bit too far there.

While you may be correct, third state still trumps eleventh state. :P

I still watch this with a detatched bemusement, knowing full well that nothing will come of this; yet at the same time, hoping that the Rangers have to make the Izod Center their home in a few years time.

New Jersey and New York became states at the same time (July 4, 1776, when the Thirteen Colonies declared their independence from Great Britain). The only thing New Jersey has over New York is that they ratified the Constitution a mere seven months before New York did. I realize New Jerseyans have a 'tude because New York routinely sh!ts on them, but man, I think you went just a bit too far there.

Fixed.

Seven months in the legal field is a long time, the statue of Liberty is in NJ too.

I don't think I went too far at all, when is NY gonna clean up the shore because of all their NY trash gets washed up on the beach at the shore ?

I reckon that if the Jets and Giants don't change their name to NJ, then any vehicle that comes into NJ with NY plates gets charged 10 x at the toll booths.

It's time NJ took back which is rightfully theirs from NY which NY stole in the first place.