Rolston, Wild no longer talking

nmigliore

Sorry, you must have the inside track on Free Agents. :noclue:

Oh, and I used Klein as an example. Jeez, a simple "nice idea, but I think your evaluations are a little off, heres what I think would be better....", would of been more pleasant.

Internetz = no manners.

CMON Brit, I really want to get John Micheal Liles in NJ :boogie:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, you must have the inside track on Free Agents. :noclue:

Oh, and I used Klein as an example. Jeez, a simple "nice idea, but I think your evaluations are a little off, heres what I think would be better....", would of been more pleasant.

Internetz = no manners.

Inside track?

According to the Calgary Sun, Flames' general manager Darryl Sutter says he has an agreement with the veteran centre.

"I don't know what the update would be on Langkow other than we do - Daymond and I - have an agreement," Sutter told the Sun. "Everything else other people are reporting is wrong."

Sorry if you were offended, but trading Gionta for Klein would make no sense.

I'm with the majority here but just realize our puck bunny population will double with him coming back. All those Rolston puck bunnies from the 90s would be digging those jerseys up out of the mothballs and jumping back on ship. It might get ugly between them and the 14 year old Parise fans.

It's gonna be roll back the clock season with him and Jason Smith coming back.

Edited by skeeter

I'm with the majority here but just realize our puck bunny population will double with him coming back. All those Rolston puck bunnies from the 90s would be digging those jerseys up out of the mothballs and jumping back on ship. It might get ugly between them and the 14 year old Parise fans.

:rofl: Good one! ... But hey, the Devs could stand to have some of the old crowd back! I'm all for bringing back Rolston for 2-3 years.

Add Rolston, Langkow and Hainsey. Trade Gionta for a young 2-way defenseman (Kevin Klein?)

Parise - Langkow - Rolston

Elias - Zajac - Bergfors

Zubrus - Madden - Langenbrunner

Rupp - Vrana - Clarkson

Pelley

Martin - Hainsey

White - Klein

Oduya - Corrente

Brooker

Marty

Weekesy

Stop stealing my lineup! Except for Klein... I have Salvador in there instead.

Zajac - Elias - Bergfors

Rupp - Pelley - Clarkson

Vrana

Martin - Hainsey

White - Salvador

Oduya - Corrente

Mottau

Marty

Weekesy

I might even squeeze Pando in there if we need to try for Bouwmeester and sacrifice Zajac in addition with some picks. :whistling:

Well lets be realistic, we are not gonna get Hossa (or at least thats what I believe..) So Lou definitely can land Rolston and MAYBE Campbell (doubt it though), but if not Campbell there is always Redden or Rozsival

The best scenario is landing both Rolston and Campbell, which could happen.. Sign him for 4mil/year.. then how much in cap space is left? 6-7mil/year? Definitely can work out but it'll depend on what Campbell wants.. Go for Campbell first, then go for Brian..

Yeah, just what we need. Another season with another trash defenceman from our rival team.

Edited by Confusious

In one of the other topics it says the new salary cap is about 56.7 million.. and someone mentioned that up to date NJ only has 40 million committed...

so thats 16.7 million in wiggle room.. Lou has to be able to do something.

FREE AGENCY

The Devils have approximately $42-million committed to salaries for next season.

Source: TSN

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/story/?id=2395...ines_nhl-devils

They have $14.7M to wiggle. Still a ton, but if they use some of that wealth money on a Campbell salary, I'm going to scream bloody murder.

Zajac - Elias - Bergfors

Rupp - Pelley - Clarkson

Vrana

Martin - Hainsey

White - Salvador

Oduya - Corrente

Mottau

Marty

Weekesy

Made of win.

I guess you traded Gionta for picks though? I think I would be tempted to switch Elias and Parise around though (with Zajac centering). Elias would more than likely slump playing with the young guns, and Parise has the hockey sense to get Zajac going again. Maybe switch-up Bergfors and Rolston too? I imagine Patty would work well with Bergfors, and Langkow is a good set up man, and underrated finisher.

Elias - Langkow - Bergfors

Parise - Zajac - Rolston

Rupp - Pelley - Clarkson

Vrana

Martin - Hainsey

White - Salvador

Oduya - Corrente

Mottau

Marty

Weekesy

Made of win.

I guess you traded Gionta for picks though? I think I would be tempted to switch Elias and Parise around though (with Zajac centering). Elias would more than likely slump playing with the young guns, and Parise has the hockey sense to get Zajac going again. Maybe switch-up Bergfors and Rolston too? I imagine Patty would work well with Bergfors, and Langkow is a good set up man, and underrated finisher.

Parise - Zajac - Rolston

Rupp - Pelley - Clarkson

Vrana

Martin - Hainsey

White - Salvador

Oduya - Corrente

Mottau

Marty

Weekesy

Salvador is most definately Not comming back... And I don't think we will get Langkow. I think Vrana is a little more proven than Bergfors at this point. Pelley is going to be a scratch if he's not in Lowell, because Brylin is going to be our healthy scratch/sub.

I really don't think Corrente is going to make the Roster.. he needs some seasoning in Lowell. We should really plan on keeping Gio because lets be real.. he isnt getting traded.

4th line should be Rupp/Zubrus/Clarkson

3rd line should be Gio/Madden/Langenbrunner

2nd line should be Parise/Zajac/Vrana

1st line should be Elias/Rolston/Bergfors

and thats not even completely realistic because we are going to get pandolfo back (for better or worse who knows..)

Thats if we just add Rolston, but there should be a Center that we could get.

As for the defense..

Martin/Free Agent (campbell?? but probably Redden)

Oduya/Greene or Vishnevski

White/Mottau

Just trying to be realistic as possible

I would take Rolston at that price in a heartbeat!

Made of win.

Parise - Zajac - Rolston

Rupp - Pelley - Clarkson

Vrana

Martin - Hainsey

White - Salvador

Oduya - Corrente

Mottau

Marty

Weekesy

Oooh you got me there. I totally missed that. Slide Gio back in there for Bergfors then. (or better yet package him in a trade for J Bouw).

I rather have a goal scorer than someone who puts up a ton of assists. Team needs goal scoring, I would only accept a Center to put up assists..

Well, Unless I'm wrong, if "someone" puts up a ton of assists, doesn't that mean that someone else is scoring :whistling:

Just a thought :giggle:

Well, Unless I'm wrong, if "someone" puts up a ton of assists, doesn't that mean that someone else is scoring :whistling:

Just a thought :giggle:

Actually, no it doesn't; Gionta is not a good goal scorer. His 40+ goal year was a fluke, especially without a playmaker.. Sure Brunette can be described as the missing piece... but somehow, i dont think it will help him, or elias for that matter. Rolston > Brunette.. Andrew could be a backup choice if someone takes Brian

But hey at least it wasn't as bad as saying you would trade Parise, our future star, before Elias. :giggle:

Edited by nmigliore

GO GET HIM.

Rolston may be old in age, but his legs are young and his stick is quick. I'd love to have him up to 4.5Mil a year - 3 year deal. He's got a cannon shot from the point for powerplay duty, fast as the wind for PK duty with Madden, and is versatile for both Center and Wing duty.

Agreed.

Go and get him Lou!

Would like to see Rolston back here in New Jersey for that amount.

Agreed.

Go and get him Lou!

Would like to see Rolston back here in New Jersey for that amount.

Time to re-adjust. Langkow is signed, and Salvador wants a NMC so I've gone a different direction. Here's my new plan:

I propose the following bold moves to re-align the ship and get our Defensive core upgraded long term and allow the forwards to actually demonstrate some creativity and offense without always being in backcheck mode.

* First I will make the hugely unpopular moves of not signing Brylin long term. (Sorry sarge - I will petition to have your name the first on the Ring of Fire put up in the Prudential center) I will however re-sign Pandolfo and put him in line with his new linemates by paying him $2.4 Million per year on a new 3 year deal with an option tacked on at the end.

* Second I pull a monumental trade with Florida (Zajac+Martin+2nd in '09 and conditional in '10 for Bouwmeester). I plan to sign him next year as the RFA to a 6 year deal at $6.5+ or so.

* Third I sign 2 UFA's; Rolston to a 3 year deal at $4.5 per & Campbell to a 5 year deal at $6.8 per.

This roster is $55.43 Mil and leaves the lineup looking like this:

Parise (3.1) - Elias (6.0) - Gionta (4.0)

Zubrus (3.4) - Rolston (4.5) - Bergfors (0.82)

Pandolfo (2.4) - Madden (2.9) - Langenbrunner (2.8)

Rupp (0.5) - Pelley (0.6) - Clarkson (0.85)

Brylin (1.5)

Bouwmeester (2.2) - Oduya 0.6

White (3.0) - Campbell (6.8)

Corrente (0.85) - Mottau (0.76)

Vishnevski (1.8)

After this following year; Vish, Brylin, Rupp are gone then you have the youth taking their slots. The '09 salary hit would be $57M if you signed Gionta and Madden again for slight increases. The cap would be around $60-61M if current trends continue.

That roster could win cups IMO and is sustainable.

Actually, no it doesn't; Gionta is not a good goal scorer. His 40+ goal year was a fluke, especially without a playmaker.. Sure Brunette can be described as the missing piece... but somehow, i dont think it will help him, or elias for that matter. Rolston > Brunette.. Andrew could be a backup choice if someone takes Brian

But hey at least it wasn't as bad as saying you would trade Parise, our future star, before Elias. :giggle:

Sure thing, I'd sooner keep a proven playoff performer asside from someone who disappeared in the playoffs, but that's just me.