JAGR GETS $35 MIL OFFER

msweet

There are apparently 35 million reasons why impending free agent Jaromir Jagr Jaromir Jagr has not responded to Glen Sather's invitation to meet with him regarding a 2008-09 return to Broadway.

A reliable third party source yesterday told The Post that his connections in the Czech Republic believe that Jagr has recently received a three-year contract offer for the equivalent of $35M after-tax US dollars from Omsk of the Russian Super League....

http://www.nypost.com/seven/06272008/sport...ffer_117409.htm

http://www.hawk.ru/

Well duh, after reading the text below it all makes sense!

Ягр для "Авангарда" - это не просто три буквы, один из сильнейших игроков мира

и вообще звезда. Ягр для "Авангарда" - это уже нечто демонически-константное.

Такое, что с именем сибирского клуба никак не разделить. "Юнона" и "Авось".

Крокодил Гена и Чебурашка. "Авангард" и Ягр. А как иначе, после всего, что Ягр,

будучи в Омске, натворил? Хотя бы решающую шайбу инфарктной четвертьфинальной

серии против "Магнитки" вспомнить...

Но дело даже не в шайбах, передачах и финтах - хотя и в них, само собой

разумеется, тоже. Дело в том статусе, который имя Ягра с собою несет. В его

породе, "голубой крови" хоккеиста, если хотите. Вне всяких сомнений, будь среди

рыцарей клюшки и шайбы дворяне, Ягр относился бы к одному из самых древних

сословий. Это стержень, это тот самый механизм, благодаря которому вся

конструкция хоккейной команды начинает не просто иначе двигаться

чешский!!

Yeah only 5000km difference :whistling:

Omsk - Prague 3 937 km

Omsk - New York 9 010 km

Link

uhhh, that's not what i was saying at all. i was saying that some people have suggested that jagr is going 'home' for family reasons. and my point was that omsk is about the same distance to prague as prague is to new york - even if new york to prague is longer (and it likely is) he won't be that much closer to home.

uhhh, that's not what i was saying at all. i was saying that some people have suggested that jagr is going 'home' for family reasons. and my point was that omsk is about the same distance to prague as prague is to new york - even if new york to prague is longer (and it likely is) he won't be that much closer to home.

Maybe it's not the distance that bugs him, maybe it's the culture. /shrug

Home is Kladno for Jagr. Omsk being one of the clubs (HK Kladno being the other) he played for during the lockout.

Prague doesnt come into it.

Omsk is one of the teams he played for during the lockout. Maybe he just feels comfortable there.

EDIT: Argh, I got beaten to it! :rant::evil:

Edited by RowdyFan42

Maybe it's not the distance that bugs him, maybe it's the culture. /shrug

I would say, if Jagr heads back to Europe, that that is most definitely the reason.

Opps my bad :P

Prague- New York 6,543 km

Prague- Omsk 3,937 km

So 2,606 km difference

I see what your saying now, but hey at least he will be in the same continenet :evil:

If it were an NHL team, I'd call them fools, but it aint, so he'll probably own there for a few years.

http://www.hawk.ru/

Well duh, after reading the text below it all makes sense!

Great, now DM's gonna have the Russian paper nazi's climbing up his back.

Home is Kladno for Jagr. Omsk being one of the clubs (HK Kladno being the other) he played for during the lockout.

Prague doesnt come into it.

He did really enjoy playing for Omsk and, in fact, tried to see if he could stay there after the lockout ended but his NHL contract took precedence over anything else. I believe the way the schedule works and the fact that it is closer means he can get home more often during the season. BTW, Kladno may be home but, he owns a sports bar in Prague and does spend some time there during the summer.

There are apparently 35 million reasons why impending free agent Jaromir Jagr Jaromir Jagr has not responded to Glen Sather's invitation to meet with him regarding a 2008-09 return to Broadway.

A reliable third party source yesterday told The Post that his connections in the Czech Republic believe that Jagr has recently received a three-year contract offer for the equivalent of $35M after-tax US dollars from Omsk of the Russian Super League....

http://www.nypost.com/seven/06272008/sport...ffer_117409.htm

It's Brooks, who knows. I mean, he's saying Jagr's gone and the Rangers #1 target is going to be Sundin. That's nice that they have all these centers and nobody to play wing.