Salvador signs with NJ

brodeur14301991

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is actually a very good deal. Salvador is a solid, defensive D-man, who will only get better under the coaching of Big Bird. He's kind of like a Vishnevsky, but Salvador's hits don't take him completely out of position.

Is there a NTC? I assume no because the TSN article didn't mention it.

The devils don't need anymore Stay At Home defensmen.... they have enough...

I don't like it.. Maybe I would if we didnt have 87 defensmen on the roster and we didn't have White..

Bad move.

Salary avail now at 15mil

I like the move. The years are too many but Salvador was going to be an UFA so he was going to get something extra for that. Salvador is a solid stay at home guy who was not a liability when moving the puck. A big upgrade over having to play Mottau/Greene/Vish next season. Also, Salvador looked pretty good and he hadn't even learned the system yet so we've seen defenseman improve with the Devils as they pick up the defensive scheme.

The devils don't need anymore Stay At Home defensmen.... they have enough...

I don't like it.. Maybe I would if we didnt have 87 defensmen on the roster and we didn't have White..

Bad move.

Salary avail now at 15mil

How? Other than White the Devils don't really have a big, hard-hitting d-man who can shut other teams' forwards down. I didn't count VV because he was scratched for half of the playoffs.

Welcome back Sal! Glad to still have ya aboard!

With White's eye possibly never returning to form, Sal gives us a solid shutdown guy on the second pairing. Getting a shutdown 2nd pairing guy for $2.9M isn't bad at all.

Curious about whether or not there's a NMC.

I am happy Salvador is back, he played very well, and his style fits in great in NJ. I do worry about him staying healthy for the four years, seems like the deal is a year too long, but I can't complain, I think 2.9 isn't that much of a cap hit with the way the cap keeps going up and up. As long as there isn't a NMC or NTC I will be very happy with this deal.