DEVILS SIGN BRIAN ROLSTON

Confusious

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not bad...I think we're still two moves away from being a contender. Rollie is a nice player...but he's by no means a game breaker.

Hossa is probably out of the picture...maybe Lou will go off the wall and convince Jagr to play in NJ. That would put us right there...

Rolston scores. That says a lot more than other people.

Hypothetically speaking, would you rather have a piece of sh!t named Jeff Finger at 3.5M playing "Defence" for you, or a proven (3 consecutive seasons with 30+ goals scored) goal scorer at 5M?

Yes the length is a bit much, but I have no doubt he will play all the years and it won't be a mistake for us.

We trade Gionta's 4M travesty of a salary, then we're starting to look really good.

GET READY FOR IT GUYS.

ELIAS WITH THE PUCK, HE PASSES DOWN TO ROLSTON, ROLSTON WAITS, ROLSTON SHOOTS, HE SCOREEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! BRIAN ROLSTONNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!

Oh I'm so excited already!!!!

Edited by Confusious

Hossa is probably out of the picture...maybe Lou will go off the wall and convince Jagr to play in NJ. That would put us right there...

We're prob more likely to land Shanny than Jagr. Which I don't want to see happen, BTW. Second coming of Almo (the broken down Almo, not the good one).

not an exciting signing considering he was already a Devil. Yes he is coming off a few 30 goal seasons but he will turn 36 this year. This is too risky.

Lou is too cheap to go after the Sundins, Hossas, and Campbells...Rolston was one of the few middle range scorers available, so I can see how there really wasn't anywhere else to go.

Edited by '7'

not an exciting signing considering he was already a Devil. Yes he is coming off a few 30 goal seasons but he will turn 36 this year. This is too risky.

Lou is too cheap to go after the Sundins, Hossas, and Campbells...Rolston was one of the few middle range scorers available, so I can see how there really wasn't anywhere else to go.

Cmon '7' be happy it could be worse we could of signed Holik

Oh sh!t wait we did that too

Nice...Rolston fills a need and doesn't break the bank. 4 years is 2 too many, IMO, but Lou had to do it. When it was first talked about us getting Rolston back, I wasn't the biggest fan of the notion but I've warmed up to it. Good to see him back!

The experience and leadership these two bring to the team is huge. It would be nice to see them Zajac the proper amount of sh!t to start playing like he has a pair. If the Devils can aquire a top tier d-man they could be on to something...

Ralfi wanted to go back home.

Absolutely untrue. Rafalski stated he wanted to resign with the Devils before becoming an UFA on July 1 of last year. But for whatever reason, Lou refused to sign him before then and Detroit swooped in with an offer he couldn't refuse. Definitely one of Lou's worst mistakes as GM. I still don't see the rationale of allowing Rafalski to become an UFA. Gomez was gone no matter what Lou was going to offer him, but Rafalski wanted to stay.