DEVILS SIGN BRIAN ROLSTON

Confusious

He probably could.. all reports are saying that Rolston is a workout machine and is more like the 28-30 yr old body range..

Lou even said that Rolston can do anything.. be a shut down center, PP QB, Scoring winger/center..

I think what Tri was trying to say is that Lou knows nothing is certain and anything can happen.. so he got a tremendous utility man (if need be).

Rolston will wind up on the 3rd line in years 3 and 4 of his contract.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He probably could.. all reports are saying that Rolston is a workout machine and is more like the 28-30 yr old body range..

Lou even said that Rolston can do anything.. be a shut down center, PP QB, Scoring winger/center..

I think what Tri was trying to say is that Lou knows nothing is certain and anything can happen.. so he got a tremendous utility man (if need be).

Rolston will wind up on the 3rd line in years 3 and 4 of his contract.

Im sure he could but why would you sign him to a $5M deal to play a role that we don't need? just because he can? Im sure Elias could play on the checking line if he wanted, maybe even Marty if he wanted to spice it up a bit. That's not their job though. The point is he is equally as likely to go sour in his older age as Rafi and it's the same risk. Could be good could be bad but he is being bi-polar on the issue.

with 3 30+ goals seasons in the "trap" system.. he has to be able to hit the net.. If you are saying he is lucky...

How can you be lucky if you don't hit the net?

Well... you have a point - maybe he can take his Lemaire training with him - maybe I'm being too pessimistic here. but if he had been playing for anyone other than lemaire I'd never take him back. I['m not a stats kind of person - chemistry is the key to me. A guy can even be happy and get along well with everyone but that doesn't mean there's checmistry - it can even be a geographic location making the chemistry :noclue: We'll see. I'm glad you're pleased :evil:

Speaking of Lemaire can we bring him back too!??

We are already getting the 95 team back together.. so why not???

F-it.. bring Sykora back...

Johnny Mac is already on the Bench and Daneyko in the Booth.. with Stevens as a special assistant to the team.

Its in the air this year people... DO YOU FEEL IT?

Wonder if these signings will encourage more fans to Newark next season. What do you guys think?

It should. If nothing else, it should rekindle some feelings from fans who might have not attended games since the 90's. Hmmm...is that a good thing? :P

It should. If nothing else, it should rekindle some feelings from fans who might have not attended games since the 90's. Hmmm...is that a good thing? :P

Haha, possibly. The "young" crowd may have to contend with an older gentleman's crowd now. I personally wasn't watching hockey religiously in the 90's, so it'll be a pleasant blast in the past for me.