What next for Lou?

nmigliore

I think adding a defenseman is still on Lou's list.

Maybe he'll look at a trade or two.

I think with Rolston in the fold we can put the Shanahan rumor to rest.

we should have more than 4 mil, no? I'm excited about Rolston but he's not the missing piece to the cup.

Correct. We need that transitional game puck moving point man now.

We have too many stationary defensemen... somebody will have to go.

VV and Greene are looking like they have no spot on the roster.

Martin-Oduya

White- FA

Salvador-Mattau

Brookbank

Truthfully IMHO VV is gone..somehow.

Yes, with Corrente/Bergfors on the main roster its about 3-4.. without them its like 4-5.. not much of a difference.. If Lou can package some draft picks/a prospect or two and Gionta for Bouwmeester than would just make the day PERFECT. I wouldn't be surprised if Lou moved Gio for a draft pick to open the cap for an extra 4mil, therefore able to afford Redden or whomever else

Edited by nmigliore

Get on the horn and get one of the great young Chicago D men, since they signed Campbell.

that's where i hope lou is looking. i also heard that CHI isn't looking to unload khabi so it looks like havlat is a goner.

i'd take one of their youngsters and havlat for gio, vv, 2nd rd pick, maybe throw in one of our 3rds since we have two of them.

i don't think we'll see a trade soon though. i think everyone will wait and let the dust settle and more than likely a trade will happen before training camp opens.

Not that much room under the salary cap right now but I do hope he goes for a veteran defenseman that can score and play QB on the PP. I hope Lou is looking at Hainsey, Smith and Orpik. Need to get one of these guys and hopefully it will be Hainsey. Most likely a trade has to happen first or try to fit the salary under the salary cap by October.

All I know is, Brian Burke has been unusually quiet this time of year. I know his cap space is limited. However, now that Nieds has said he's coming back, BB might think about unloading a d'man. I wonder if LL tries to make a deal for Schneider.

Edited by Beezer34

All I know is, Brian Burke has been unusually quiet this time of year. I know his cap space is limited. However, now that Nieds has said he's coming back, BB might think about unloading a d'man. I wonder if LL tries to make a deal for Schneider.

is schneider still good? i thought he may be at the point where he breaks down alot. he would fill a need for the devils and wouldn't cost us as much trade wise.

Edited by xxchaznjxx