Holik signs with NJ

Jake

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like it, too much money, he's too slow for this league. I realize he's still good on draws, which we need and he brings size but I wouldn't have done this. There was really no need for it.

Lou has this thing about bringing back guys who have played here before. With Rolston, yeah, no problem. For what he brings, it was a very nice deal. This was not necessary. However, it should remove any question of Shanahan returning.

Are there any ex-Devil defensemen in the league we can pick up? We know Nieds isn't available. Just say no to Hale, who is a UFA. However, anyone else available, since that seems to be the only people Lou is bidding on?

I agree entirely, but I dont' care. I feel like I'm 14 years old again.

I don't know but still iffy here on Holik. :unsure: Does he have anything left in the tank? :noclue: Devils need his size and he could help on the PK. Lou has always tried to get Holik back and now he finally has him back. Holik better be a force like he was earlier here in New Jersey.

the devils obviously feel a balanced offense is the way to go.

also, just a theory mind you, but do you think hossa might be enticed to come to jersey more since holik is around? they did play together on the thrashers.

They don't have the money to sign Hossa.

Jason Smith, Philadelphia.

That's the one! I knew there had to be one out there. That's the former NJ d-man who will return. And that takes care of our UFA signings since, of course, a tackling dummy can serve as the back-up goalie.

Hossa is NOT coming to NJ for the amount of cap space we have left.

Stop dreaming.

TSN is reporting that Hossa will not sign anywhere today. He is taking the evening to consider the offers presented thus far and tomorrow is another day. The rumor is that the Oilers will match whatever offer is given for him.

Cash for Crash

Hey I support this theory fully... so hand it over!!!! :P

Damn I need to dust off all the oldie but goodie NOGOALIK comments again... fun times!!

At least at the worst I have someone to hate wholly again !!! :koolaid:

I said earlier today that with the re-signings of our key guys, the addition of Rolston would make today a great day for the Devils. I would have liked to see a puck-moving defenseman added (and the offseason ain't over), but I definitely can't complain about getting unibrow back!

We now have two legitimate faceoff guys, no one is gonna mess with Marty this year, and we have two guys who harken back to the Stevens/Dano era of no-nonsense Devils badass winning attitude. If nothing else happened today, I'd be very very happy.

IN LOU WE TRUST! :koolaid: