Holik signs with NJ

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not reading a thing here -- just saying... :giggle: I never dared to hope. :blush:

You know he's an ass but... the dude is right up my alley - obviously no mistaking I am a fan. but I retract nothing I've ever said about the guy. It's just.. he's a hardworking, lovable a$$hole who most importantly loves hockey.

Im very happy with this signing. Mostly because its for one year so if it doesn't work out we aren't stuck with him or can deal him at the deadline for picks.

Haha! When do we ever deal at the deadline for picks? We're in the playoffs every year. But the point about the one-year deal is a good one.

Overpaid...but pretty brutal. Rupp, Holik and Clarkson? That line rules.

If the Devils use that line as the 4th line next season, which seems like a good chance, I think it would be really effective. Holik is still a pretty good shooter, Clarkson's offense should be growing still, Rupp is a decent passer, and all guys can work the boards well on the forecheck.

If the Devils use that line as the 4th line next season, which seems like a good chance, I think it would be really effective. Holik is still a pretty good shooter, Clarkson's offense should be growing still, Rupp is a decent passer, and all guys can work the boards well on the forecheck.

Crash line circa 2008?

Crash line circa 2008?

Yeah, that could be a high energy line for sure. A very effective unit along the boards that should create some decent scoring chances.

I think a better Offensive Crash line would be..

Zubrus/Holik/Clarkson..

That is the best 4th line in the league right there..

That line combo would put a huge smile on my face. That's if the Zubrus of the Rangers series (with his intensity) shows up.

Lou's gonna be broke? You do realize that it's a ONE YEAR CONTRACT. And just what indicates that this team will be in re-building mode? If you can see 3/4 years in the future, god bless you. But we'll have a superstar in Zach Parise, and a solid d-man in Paully Martin, Trav will be better, hopfeully some of the recent drafts have worked out. And the team's NOT stupid; they're GOING to find a goalie in the next few drafts, because they KNOW Marty's future is limited. But let's not through the white-flag in yet, especially after Lou goes and picks up 2 solid free-agents, we can move Gionta/picks both for cap-space and a quality blueliner and we'll be really good this year, and Lou will do what Lou thinks is right for next year...but signing a guy to a 1 year 2.5m contract in no way, shape, or form just sent the Devils into rebuilding mode.

Not sure how to respond to this.

Lou's gonna be broke? Re-read my post. My comment is that there is little attention focused on the future and while some posters have reasonably pointed out that Marty is a one of a kind talent and should be the center piece of a cup run now, I still believe that we are in line for some lean years in the not so distant future.

While you seem to mock me for my concerns and you label me as someone who thinks they can see the future, re read your post. Seems to me there are a couple of predictions there too:

Superstar in Zach, Solid D-man in Martin, Trav will be better. The team is GOING to find a goalie.

Who wants Gionta/picks for a quality blueliner? Find me a team? If it happens then great but look for the value on both sides not just what makes sense for the Devils. It takes two to trade. Plus the picks weaken our future more.

I think a better Offensive Crash line would be..

Zubrus/Holik/Clarkson..

That is the best 4th line in the league right there..

Is that going to win a cup?

Why are people so focused on the negative.

Maybe they won't win a cup.

What matters RIGHT NOW, is that we are a MUCH MUCH better team than we were before.

We got a pure scorer in Rolston, we got a huge checker and faceoff competitor in Holik. The hell more do you want? Hossa/Campbell don't win stanley cups either you know. Shut up and get excited.

Why are people so focused on the negative.

Maybe they won't win a cup.

What matters RIGHT NOW, is that we are a MUCH MUCH better team than we were before.

We got a pure scorer in Rolston, we got a huge checker and faceoff competitor in Holik. The hell more do you want? Hossa/Campbell don't win stanley cups either you know. Shut up and get excited.

I'll check with you next time I want to express an opinion. :blahblah:

As a fan of this team from the beginning, I've seen some really crappy teams and the obvious great ones. Sure the thrill is in the chase but the goal is not the second round of the playoffs. With a franchise with so much recent success compared to most other franchises in the sport the bar has been set as the cup, nothing less, at least in my eyes.

"MUCH MUCH better" is up for debate that we will only be able to answer 11 months from now. As to what I want? A younger scorer or two, better defense, a PP QB just to name a few.