Hossa to Detroit done

brodeur14301991

The Penguins have lost free-agent right winger Marian Hossa to Detroit.

Team officials are believed to have been informed this morning that he will not re-sign.

Terms of Hossa's contract were not immediately known, but the Red Wings are believed to have been offering a shorter-term contract than most other clubs.

http://post-gazette.com/pg/08184/894245-61.stm

Edited by brodeur14301991

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Terms of Hossa's contract were not immediately known, but the Red Wings are believed to have been offering a shorter-term contract than most other clubs.

What would interest Hossa about having a shorter term contract as opposed to a longer term one if he was going to be making mega dollars per year? Is he thinking cap goes up and he can get even more dollars later?

the fvck? why 1 year?

He wants his name etched on that cup! And since Detroit is seemingly the best NHL team, why not go there for a year, attempt to win a cup then leave and get a ton of money to play somewhere that will pay for him?

Especially since the cap is going to raise up to about 60mil.

He will be stellar.. score 80-100 pts on DET and get like 10mil a season for the rest of his career

Hey it tells me two things. 1. He wants to win the cup 2. That even if he fails playing either with Zetterburg and Dats he will still get ridiculous money next year. (80-100 points easy).

Still, I think it is a DUMB move. What happens if he gets a mjor injury?? Anything can happen. If some team wanted to lock me up for 8 years that is security and I would take it i a heart beat. I am sure Edmonton offered him close to $9 million a year..