Hossa to Detroit done

brodeur14301991

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am pissed Hossa went to Detroit. They are already friggin stacked. LOU needs to do more to make us a cup contendor. Rolston was a great start, but we need more on D to put us up there with Detroit. Hell, I don't think anyone is up there with them right now. Heavy favorite to win it again.

All star line-up on O and D- Lidstrom, Rafalski, Hossa, Zetterburg, Dats. Give me a break.

Not sure why LOU couldn't lure him here for $7.5 million.

Uhhh.... because Hossa wanted to play for a cup FAVORITE. Duh.

I hope this works out as well as Paul Kariya playing for $1M in Colorado so he could get his name on the Cup.

Yeah, cause 7.4 isn't a fvckload of money on its own. :giggle:

That wasn't the point of his post. He was saying that by Hossa playing on a very good team, he will look even better than he did this offseason. Just imagine how much money he will get next year if people are saying he took a discount to play for a cup favorite.

I hope this works out as well as Paul Kariya playing for $1M in Colorado so he could get his name on the Cup.

So your saying a well coached organization like the Devs getting Hossa would not make us a CUP favorite. We are a few pieces from being a cup contendor again! I am sorry Hossa didn't see that.. F him..

the fvck? why 1 year?

Hossa is figuring Detroit has a great chance to repeat as SCC this season. Most likely the only reason he did a 1-yr deal. I think it is pretty smart of Hossa to do this as he will know after this season he will be the top UFA again this time next year. Out of all the teams he picks Detroit. :argh:

I hate even Detroit more now than ever. Fvck!

He wants his name etched on that cup! And since Detroit is seemingly the best NHL team, why not go there for a year, attempt to win a cup then leave and get a ton of money to play somewhere that will pay for him?

Bang on. Smart move by Hossa who should get a great chance at a Cup and then have plenty of years to cash in on some big bucks. Detroit is VERY solid.

Wow this is insane. I didn't see this coming AT ALL. If I were a Pitt fan I'd be so pissed right now.

I don't know whether to be impressed with Hossa charecter for ignoring money in order to win a cup, or to consider him a shameless turncoat who abandoned the team that took him to finals for the team that crushed them.

What a bizarre signing. I give credit to Holland for making a hard sell to Hossa, but seriously he is the luckiest son of a bitch.

So your saying a well coached organization like the Devs getting Hossa would not make us a CUP favorite. We are a few pieces from being a cup contendor again! I am sorry Hossa didn't see that.. F him..

Okay.

(Team that won the Cup convincingly + Hossa) < (Team that won 1 game in playoffs + Hossa + Rolston + Holik)

Me thinks Hossa took the smart bet on that one. :rolleyes:

I give Hossa a lot more credit than Kariya if he did indeed turn down $49 million from the Penguins, it's not like the Oilers and other loser teams were the only ones offering him the big bucks. Granted the Penguins lost Malone, Roberts and maybe Orpik but still that takes a lot of chutzpah turning down a guaranteed $42 million on a good team.

Plus Kariya had an ulterior motive for signing the one-year deal, he wanted to get to UFA and then cash in on a big payday.

I am pissed Hossa went to Detroit. They are already friggin stacked. LOU needs to do more to make us a cup contendor. Rolston was a great start, but we need more on D to put us up there with Detroit. Hell, I don't think anyone is up there with them right now. Heavy favorite to win it again.

All star line-up on O and D- Lidstrom, Rafalski, Hossa, Zetterburg, Dats. Give me a break.

Lou doesn't have $7.5 million to play with.

Also, of the 5 all-stars you named, they drafted 3. That goes a long way to making deals for less money.

Its funny, I was listening to a few Red Wings fans talk about the signing and they HATE IT.

They claim Holland just destroyed the foundation of the team, because Hossa is getting more than Zetterberg and Datsyuk. "This isn't the Detroit way!"