Marcus Naslund and Dimitry Kalinin to Rangers

Satans Hockey

That favors Brian, IMO.. Hes played in NJ before.. hes playing in a similar system (more defensive) like he did in Minny.. Naslund is being put under the spotlight in NY and is pressured to put up at least 25 to 30 goals to replace Jagr. do you REALLY think that will happen?

If he is on a line with Gomez, who knows? I think he can put up 40 points...

Just look what Gomer did for Gionta. Don't tell me Gionta put up 48 goals as a fluke.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds pathetic. I can see Drury a leader.. but gomez? lmao the guy is a clown not a leader and just cares about wheelin the cash. I guess Drury is getting the C and and A to Gomez

I was a huge Drury fan before he signed in New York. He is a captain by nature. He will be the Rags captain next season.

Sorry but the way this works out is:

Jagr, Avery, Shanahan, Tyutin

for

Naslund, Zherdev, Fritsche, Redden

Thats a downgrade.

Naslund does not create his own opportunities, nor others for his teammates. He shoots, which is a good thing, but hes not the premier scorer he was several years ago. Jagr is a more dynamic player than him. Avery is much better than Fritsche will ever be, as painful as it is to say. Shanahan despite his age gave 100 percent even when he was injured and was still a force on the PP. Zherdev while talented, is a headcase and when the puck is controlled by the other team, is essentially useless, a ghost. Redden is and always has been overrated. Hes a shell of what he was four or five years ago. At this point, I dont know whether theres a dramatic difference in ability and potential return between Tyutin and Redden.

Losing Jagr will hurt, but he wants too much money. Losing Avery will hurt, look at their record with and without Avery. Redden and Kalinin are much better than Tyutin and Backman, it isn't even close. Zherdev and Fritsche give them 2 solid proven nhl young forwards. Naslund is not as good as he once was, but is still solid. Time will tell.
Sounds pathetic. I can see Drury a leader.. but gomez? lmao the guy is a clown not a leader and just cares about wheelin the cash. I guess Drury is getting the C and and A to Gomez

It was pretty obvious this year how bad your squad missed that clown.

If he is on a line with Gomez, who knows? I think he can put up 40 points...

Just look what Gomer did for Gionta. Don't tell me Gionta put up 48 goals as a fluke.

Gionta missed Rafalski at the point on PP as much as he missed Gomez at center.

Sorry but the way this works out is:

Jagr, Avery, Shanahan, Tyutin

for

Naslund, Zherdev, Fritsche, Redden

Thats a downgrade.

Naslund does not create his own opportunities, nor others for his teammates. He shoots, which is a good thing, but hes not the premier scorer he was several years ago. Jagr is a more dynamic player than him. Avery is much better than Fritsche will ever be, as painful as it is to say. Shanahan despite his age gave 100 percent even when he was injured and was still a force on the PP. Zherdev while talented, is a headcase and when the puck is controlled by the other team, is essentially useless, a ghost. Redden is and always has been overrated. Hes a shell of what he was four or five years ago. At this point, I dont know whether theres a dramatic difference in ability and potential return between Tyutin and Redden.

Jagr > Naslund - Why? Jaromir put up great numbers.. brought some leadership.. Rangers obviously dont care about that though.. Naslund AT BEST will replace Jagr's stats, but won't bring the leadership.

Avery > Zherdev - Why? Okay this one sounds nuts but think about it.. Avery HELPED this team win (look at record with Avery in lineup, Avery out of lineup for clear example).. He was a great agitator for them and clearly took Brodeur off of his game. Zherdev is a better scorer obviously but hes not gonna agitate Marty and without Avery, this team is as soft as a bunny rabbit.

Shanahan = Fritsche - Why? Tough call here.. Fritz is young, Shanny is old.. Fritz has potential but could be just a big bust. So im calling an equal on this one.

Redden > Tyutin - Why? Rangers win this one. Redden is over-rated I think, but hes much better than Tyutin thats for sure. His contract is horrible (both money wise and length wise).. but whatever for the upcoming season hes an upgrade over Tyutin.

So, honestly, I dont think I can call this Ranger team better than they were last year. The rivalry games are gonna be difficult without Avery, and I can easily see Zherdev/Fritsche being busts. Naslund I think will put up a good 23-28 goals if hes with Gomez.. But all in all, if the Rangers cant get scoring from Zherdev/Drury/Naslund/Gomez and dont get the support of their young defenseman..they could be in trouble.. They took a SMALL step back this off-season.. SO far.. they might make more moves, who knows.

Edited by nmigliore

I've been much more impressed with the Rangers Offseason than the Devils. But I'm a huge fan of Redden so what can I say.

As to whether the Rangers have downgraded I disagree. I think the Rangers are a much more interesting offensive team with this line up. Its like the Rangers Offense last year had these two battling identities. The young dynamic players headed up by Gomez, and the old plodding players lead by Jagr. These new guys will fit much better with their new dynamic, and the Rangers will be a much better team with these guys plugged in than with Jagr, Shanahan, and Straka in the fold.

Losing Avery hurts a lot, but 16 for 4 was not worth it.

I've been much more impressed with the Rangers Offseason than the Devils. But I'm a huge fan of Redden so what can I say.

As to whether the Rangers have downgraded I disagree. I think the Rangers are a much more interesting offensive team with this line up. Its like the Rangers Offense last year had these two battling identities. The young dynamic players headed up by Gomez, and the old plodding players lead by Jagr. These new guys will fit much better with their new dynamic, and the Rangers will be a much better team with these guys plugged in than with Jagr, Shanahan, and Straka in the fold.

What do you mean? The Rangers offense scored goals last year.. I dont think "young players" vs "old players" has anything to do with it :noclue:

Jagr > Naslund - Why? Jaromir put up great numbers.. brought some leadership.. Rangers obviously dont care about that though.. Naslund AT BEST will replace Jagr's stats, but won't bring the leadership.

I remember the Hitler video about the Canucks missing the playoffs...

Hitler - "They have a Leader, his name is Iginla"

other guy - "Sir, Markus Naslund is our leader"

Hitler - "Naslund couldn't lead a dog on a fvcking leash! He's useless!"

What do you mean? The Rangers offense scored goals last year.. I dont think "young players" vs "old players" has anything to do with it :noclue:

The rangers offense wasn't good last year at all. I think team chemistry was a big problem behind it as the offense didn't click. Jagr, Straka, and Shannahan were just playing at a different speed than Gomez, Dubinsky, Dawes, and Avery. The Rangers had trouble finding suitable lines all year. I think Fritsche and Zherdev are a better fit for what they want to do there. Avery was a big part of their success last year so losing him hurts, and its unsure to me Naslund will fit in, but I really like Redden helping the transition from D to O.

Excuse me while I go kill myself...nice knowing you guys.,...fvck OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Drury is a good leader but Gomez never struck me as the leader type.

Agreed...but when a guy says this, I change my tune.

"It's going to be on Chris and me now, and that's what we wanted when we came to New York," Gomez said by phone yesterday from his home in Alaska. "If I'm playing with Zherdev, it's going to be up to me to see that it works, and I'm up for it.

"We're going to go be an in-your-face team that moves and pressures the puck. I've been talking to Chris and he feels exactly the same way I do.

"We're ready for the responsibility."

Fair enough but who knows what a change of scenery will do.

Her desperately needed it but ffs WHy the goddammed RAGS

What are you talking about? They were 25th in the league in goals scored.

I was always struck the Rangers offense had an easier time scoring then our offense. Plus Dubinsky/Dawes.. did they not have good rookie years? Jagr had a great year (shanny didn't) ..

Getting Naslund over Jagr is not good. Zherdev over Shanahan is, but who knows how thing with him turn out

Edited by nmigliore

Another thing no Jagr (and possibly no Shanny) will do is spread things out. When you have HOF 600 goal scorers on your roster, guys defer to them so much. Rozsival passed up countless shots because he would pass to Jagr. When a guy scores 50 that is one thing, but when he scores 25 that is another.

All the pieces are in place, only moves between now and camp will be filler - do not see anything major happening.

I was always struck the Rangers offense had an easier time scoring then our offense. Plus Dubinsky/Dawes.. did they not have good rookie years? Jagr had a great year (shanny didn't) ..

Getting Naslund over Jagr is not good. Zherdev over Shanahan is, but who knows how thing with him turn out

Jagr had a disappointing year, I thought.

I'm seriously traumatized here..I don't know if it's hit me that my favorite player just got traded to THE RAGS. It would be like getting traded to the Flames.........and I can't even get drunk tonight

Jagr had a disappointing year, I thought.

Put up decent numbers, I thought he would fair worse.

But yes technically he had a degrading season.. So did Naslund though. Like I said, Naslund can replace Jagr statistically-wise.. but leadership wise? No, they wont even make him captain it'll probably go to Drury.

I'm seriously traumatized here..I don't know if it's hit me that my favorite player just got traded to THE RAGS. It would be like getting traded to the Flames.........and I can't even get drunk tonight

It's going to be a rough time watching the Canucks next season. They haven't done squat this postseason. They actually got even worse than before with the additions of Kyle Wellwood, Ryan Johnson and Darcy Hordichuk :doh1:

Edited by Satans Hockey

It's going to be a rough time watching the Canucks next season. They haven't done squat this postseason. They actually got even worse than before with the additions of Kyle Wellwood, Ryan Johnson and Darcy Hordichuk :doh1:

What about Philly in our division? They did NOTHING so far.. And they are gonna lose Smith.. They have no goaltending, Biron is deathly afraid to play NJ and Nittymakki is too inconsistent to be a full time starter..

And of course they heavily over-achieved last year in the post-season by happening to play a young Caps team followed by a young Habs team. This team is gonna be predicted to finish 4th in the division if they end up not making any moves..

Edited by nmigliore

yeah i'm waiting for them to re-sign Morrison, then the season of suck coming up would be complete....I feel like a Leaf fan

Now I'll never get to see Naslund play, Rags aren't shown very often here...looks like I'll be getting me a passport to pay another visit to NY....

BLAH

They are paper thin. And their top line is Gomez/Naslund/Zherdev, which, is it really that different from Gomez/Elias/Gionta? It didn't exactly make us a force. Their kids are not secondary guys that put in nice performances now, they are going to be counted on to do something.

You're pretty much looking at the finished product now, they have around $2 million cap space with a 22 man roster. The second year to Naslund was beyond retarded too, because they have waves of RFA that they're going to have to pay off.

What about Philly in our division? They did NOTHING so far.. And they are gonna lose Smith.. They have no goaltending, Biron is deathly afraid to play NJ and Nittymakki is too inconsistent to be a full time starter..

And of course they heavily over-achieved last year in the post-season by happening to play a young Caps team followed by a young Habs team. This team is gonna be predicted to finish 4th in the division if they end up not making any moves..

Philly did nothing because they went in pretty much capped out.

They are paper thin. And their top line is Gomez/Naslund/Zherdev, which, is it really that different from Gomez/Elias/Gionta? It didn't exactly make us a force. Their kids are not secondary guys that put in nice performances now, they are going to be counted on to do something.

You're pretty much looking at the finished product now, they have around $2 million cap space with a 22 man roster. The second year to Naslund was beyond retarded too, because they have waves of RFA that they're going to have to pay off.

Philly did nothing because they went in pretty much capped out.

I know but I woulda thought they move some players around (for cap room) and try to acquire a goaltender in the UFA market (ie: Huet).. but I guess they have faith in Nitty/Biron.. Im perfectly fine by that :D

Edited by nmigliore