The Way I'll Always Remember Sarge...

puckrock

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great goals. A more recent one that I personally love:

Yes, I remember that one. What an awesome goal. Fleury looked so surprised. Great poise by Sarge!

Anyone remember the goal Brylin had diving through the circle during an offensive zone face off and throwing it top shelf? I thought it was this year but I can't find a replay.

Is this is? It isn't top shelf but this sounds like what you're talking about.

P.S. I hate this thread for making me miss Brylin so much!

Edited by Devs4LIFE

im pretty sure its not on youtube yet because McKaylotsanumbers hasnt reached 2003 yet.

Game 3 vs Ottawa in the 2003 Eastern Conference Finals. He is carrying the puck and gets blatantly tripped right in front of, you guessed it, Kerry Fraser. What does Sarge do? Not complain one bit as he beautifully deflects Rafalski's shot-pass behind Lalime.

Turned out to be the only (counted ;) ) goal of the game!

My g/f will remember his "I didn't kick no-body" during his post-game interview after he was ejected for "kicking" during a game against Tampa Bay shortly into the 05-06 season.

I believe Sarge is in Charge of the All-Underrated Devils team.

ive gotta thank sarge for helping make our team so great over his great devils carear. because of him he has helped me fall in love with the greatest sports team in history and alway be proud to own a jersey with his name on the back

Edited by Dadds

Filled any role that was asked of him. Never complained. Got hit harder and more often than most players and didn't miss a single game in the last four seasons. The definition of "loyal".

Dude was a soldier.

Gonna miss the hell out of ya, Sarge.

Sarge is like one of those gas station dogs that hangs around the garage and you pet him while you're fill up. Then one day you found out they had to put him down, and you start realizing that you're going to miss that dog as you just always expected him to be around....

I will miss that fiery little s.o.b.

Sarge is like one of those gas station dogs that hangs around the garage and you pet him while you're fill up. Then one day you found out they had to put him down, and you start realizing that you're going to miss that dog as you just always expected him to be around....

I will miss that fiery little s.o.b.

well said

I loved Sarge and everything he brought to the team. He always played whatever role he was asked, never questioned it, and always put the team ahead of himself. The guy is just a flat out winner. You can't ask for a better character, Sarge is a Devil and will always be a Devil.

One of my favorite memories is his only fight that came against the Islanders a couple of years ago. He didn't fair to well in it and I remember being shocked/pumped up/laughing during it but it was awesome.