Lou Delusional Part II ?

msweet

Is Lou Delusional?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is going on with Lou?

• Lou is Delusional, wears Red-n-Black Glasses Seeing a better team than we have
    • Lou doesnt get it anymore. He is just a bad GM
    • Lou is playing possum with his "D" Acting like they are good so he can get something in a trade

We'll now I'm not sure he doesn't get it... he has said that we svcked last year (Brodeur aside)... so he jumped on the best $$ fit for us (Rolston)... so kudos for that.

but from TG this AM:

Even if he can't, Lamoriello claims he likes his defense as it is.

"If it stays this way, I definitely do, but if we can make it better, we'll make it better," Lamoriello said Thursday. "You try to get better everywhere. But this is a good defense. Look at the goals against last year." The Devils were fifth in the NHL with a 2.32 team GAA

Lou is not serious is he? We were 5th in GAA for one reason and one reason alone: BRODEUR

How Brodeur won the Vezina with that ragtag bunch of AHL+ misfits is just a miracle of modern sport.

So either:

1. Lou is delusional

2. Lou is blind and dumb

3. He's acting like we have great defenseman as to not lower their worth so he can get something for Greene and VV

During the last season I was sure it was #1... but now I'm not so sure so maybe it's really #3.... and #3 with hedging his bet of he can't do anything.

(I think it was #1, but he's caught in and now it's #3)

Not really a bad defense by the way Lou said here in that quote and it really wasn't all that bad but there is room for change and I do hope lou knows this and realizes this. The Devils need a puck moving defenseman and a veteran leading defenseman. Someone has to lead the defenseman here. I do not think White is capable here so Lou has to make a trade here for one that is a leader and can play the puck on the PP. There will be moves here on the dmen. there has too if Lou really wants to make this team better than last season. Cannot keep the same defenseman parings this season even though they did pretty well in Lou's assumption.

I voted number one -- because he has no choice. If he's asked flat out what he'll do if he can't improve defence he cannot say "No comment" what do you honestly expect? He can't give his team a vote of no confidence before the season even starts. If that's the best he can do - just simply not tell his team they suck - then so be it. And if Joe Schmoe message board surfer isn't buying that our D is such great shakes do you seriously think Lou thinks his fellow GMs will fall for some line? That's goofiness!

Would you not be ashamed and embarrassed if Lou said "This defence is atrocious - but I can't shell out big buck to only marginally improve it" He IS saying that in a polite and subtle way - he offered these guys decent contracts so they don't feel like the dregs. It would be beyond irresponsible of him to knock the confidence out of his employees for nothing - to serve no purpose than to convince a few fans he;s not delusional. If you don't know that by now -- if you think he's gone senile or isn't focused on the team... what can I tell you ? Maybe it's not Lou who's delusional, eh?

I voted number one -- because he has no choice. If he's asked flat out what he'll do if he can't improve defence he cannot say "No comment" what do you honestly expect? He can't give his team a vote of no confidence before the season even starts. If that's the best he can do - just simply not tell his team they suck - then so be it. And if Joe Schmoe message board surfer isn't buying that our D is such great shakes do you seriously think Lou thinks his fellow GMs will fall for some line? That's goofiness!

Would you not be ashamed and embarrassed if Lou said "This defence is atrocious - but I can't shell out big buck to only marginally improve it" He IS saying that in a polite and subtle way - he offered these guys decent contracts so they don't feel like the dregs. It would be beyond irresponsible of him to knock the confidence out of his employees for nothing - to serve no purpose than to convince a few fans he;s not delusional. If you don't know that by now -- if you think he's gone senile or isn't focused on the team... what can I tell you ? Maybe it's not Lou who's delusional, eh?

Well Said :clap2:

Wow, PK, one of your best.... :clap:

ding, ding ding.

right answer.

Lou is not delusional (though he was confused for a while this past year)...he's snookered... but I hate those remarks about us bee 5th GAA.... he's knows that about Marty... he had no need to credit that to our D.

I Lou I trust, even if he's no always perfect.

Would you rather have Rupp? Holik will play on the PP also. Holik is the best 4th line center we have had in a long time.

Wrong. I guess that means the other 16 teams that wanted Rolston were desperate too. Rolston at 5M could very well be the best deal out there. (outside of Hossa)

More than that. Since the 2000 season, Brian missed the 50 point mark once (he had 48) That includes three seasons with the most defensive team in hockey, the Wild.

No chance. Hossa signing with the Wings was a once in a lifetime signing. No way we could have got him that cheap.

Salvador is a decent signing and Pandolfo is 1M too high for my liking. Considering I think they would have both got at least .5M more on the open market, it's not as bad as it looks. It is what it is.

Really? How?

I guess time will tell on both Holik and Rolston. At least Holik's deal was only for a year. Can't believe you're going into hysterics over a 37yo 4th line center who had 34pts and a -14 last season. BTW his -14 was the worst of his career. So what makes you think he will actaully improve on last years numbers.....as a Devils where pucks just don't seem to find the back of the net much? You will be bitching about him just like everyone else around mid season.

Unlike Holik I actually like Rolston. But a four year deal for Rolston was as dumb as signing Zubrus to a 6year contract. I understand the need for big guys (like Holik and Zubs), but we need some skilled, fast and young players as well. Christ we have 12 players on the roster over 30yo, which if I am not mistaken is the most in the league.

Rolston had Bouchard and Belanger and I believe Gaborik on PP feeding him pucks in MN. He is a consistant 30 goal scorer, but I hope continues in NJ. During his previous tenure as a Devil his season high in goals was 24. And yeah.....most NHL teams were and are desperate to sign free agents this season....where have you been? Why else would half rate players be making bank this offseason.

On to Bryce. Where is the upside....maybe he won't get hurt this season and will play 95% of the games? Truly hope he isn't our big defensive transaction. Hell Martin makes 4mill, White and Bryce 3mill, VV 2mill and Johnny O will want a big ass deal next year. At this rate we will have the highest paid, middle of the road defense in the league.

These are just my opinions, so don't get all upset. I am not a GM and I don't make that claim. But I am a huge fan and like most of you can see where problems on this team exist. I just don't feel signing Rolston, Holik, Bryce and Pando has imprioved our team as much as we needed.

I guess time will tell on both Holik and Rolston. At least Holik's deal was only for a year. Can't believe you're going into hysterics over a 37yo 4th line center who had 34pts and a -14 last season. BTW his -14 was the worst of his career. So what makes you think he will actaully improve on last years numbers.....as a Devils where pucks just don't seem to find the back of the net much? You will be bitching about him just like everyone else around mid season.

Unlike Holik I actually like Rolston. But a four year deal for Rolston was as dumb as signing Zubrus to a 6year contract. I understand the need for big guys (like Holik and Zubs), but we need some skilled, fast and young players as well. Christ we have 12 players on the roster over 30yo, which if I am not mistaken is the most in the league.

Rolston had Bouchard and Belanger and I believe Gaborik on PP feeding him pucks in MN. He is a consistant 30 goal scorer, but I hope continues in NJ. During his previous tenure as a Devil his season high in goals was 24. And yeah.....most NHL teams were and are desperate to sign free agents this season....where have you been? Why else would half rate players be making bank this offseason.

On to Bryce. Where is the upside....maybe he won't get hurt this season and will play 95% of the games? Truly hope he isn't our big defensive transaction. Hell Martin makes 4mill, White and Bryce 3mill, VV 2mill and Johnny O will want a big ass deal next year. At this rate we will have the highest paid, middle of the road defense in the league.

These are just my opinions, so don't get all upset. I am not a GM and I don't make that claim. But I am a huge fan and like most of you can see where problems on this team exist. I just don't feel signing Rolston, Holik, Bryce and Pando has imprioved our team as much as we needed.

Holik played on Atlanta. Enough said.

I don't know what you realisticly wanted Lou to do. This has been our best offseason in a long time, and I don't understand how so many people are upset (not just you). I think he did a great job with what he had.

I love when people quote +/-. They have no idea how to use the stat. I guess no one should want Kovalchuk, because he was -12, while being involved in far, far, more offense. Uh oh, Marion Hossa was a -14 in 60 games for the Thrash. Someone better call up Detriot and tell them they got ripped off. Never mind, because they'll have 125-130 points next season and Hossa will go +40 or above, meaning he went from sucking to being a god in your book, right?

Holik was at or slightly below par for that team. The only +'s on the team are late season call-ups, and Colby Armstrong, who came in a +6 and left the season as a +4, so he wasn't a + for the Thrashers either.

You want to cherrypick stats? He's a few stats.

58.4% on 1502

53.7% on 1463

51.2% on 1032

46.7% on 321

45.6% on 776

One of those statlines is Bobby Holiks. The rest of them are the top four on the Devils in that particular statstic, Madden, Zajac, Pelley and Elias in that order.

You figure what that is and why Bobby might be a little bit of value here? Considering the second guy on that list never, ever takes PP faceoffs.

I love when people quote +/-. They have no idea how to use the stat. I guess no one should want Kovalchuk, because he was -12, while being involved in far, far, more offense. Uh oh, Marion Hossa was a -14 in 60 games for the Thrash. Someone better call up Detriot and tell them they got ripped off. Never mind, because they'll have 125-130 points next season and Hossa will go +40 or above, meaning he went from sucking to being a god in your book, right?

Holik was at or slightly below par for that team. The only +'s on the team are late season call-ups, and Colby Armstrong, who came in a +6 and left the season as a +4, so he wasn't a + for the Thrashers either.

You want to cherrypick stats? He's a few stats.

58.4% on 1502

53.7% on 1463

51.2% on 1032

46.7% on 321

45.6% on 776

One of those statlines is Bobby Holiks. The rest of them are the top four on the Devils in that particular statstic, Madden, Zajac, Pelley and Elias in that order.

You figure what that is and why Bobby might be a little bit of value here? Considering the second guy on that list never, ever takes PP faceoffs.

Defend him and his play all you want Max....come Dec-Jan you'll be bitching just like everyone else. So since I don't know how to read a +/- and you are the self-proclaimed stats master....why don't you write me a 500 page guideline. Read my entire thread before you become a smart ass. Those are my opinions, so keep your fvcking sarcasm to yourself.

Defend him and his play all you want Max....come Dec-Jan you'll be bitching just like everyone else. So since I don't know how to read a +/- and you are the self-proclaimed stats master....why don't you write me a 500 page guideline. Read my entire thread before you become a smart ass. Those are my opinions, so keep your fvcking sarcasm to yourself.

If he wins 59% of his faceoffs, he can crawl off the ice for all I care.

You don't know how to use +/-. End of story. And that's not opinion, that's fact. I think +/- should be eliminated because stupid people use it to make dumb assumptions. Yes, Holik is terrible, and so are Kovy and Hossa. That's what you're saying, you don't get to cherry pick whose poor +/- is more important than others.

If he wins 59% of his faceoffs, he can crawl off the ice for all I care.

You don't know how to use +/-. End of story. And that's not opinion, that's fact. I think +/- should be eliminated because stupid people use it to make dumb assumptions. Yes, Holik is terrible, and so are Kovy and Hossa. That's what you're saying, you don't get to cherry pick whose poor +/- is more important than others.

You are actually comparing Frankenstien with Kovy and Hossa.....who is the dumb one here??? Now shut the F up and get ready to eat your words come mid season.

Change your username to StatsMaster start guy. Guys like you would be fun on the ice.

Our biggest weakness was at Center. Lou addressed this without overpaying anyone. Our face-off's improve immensely, Rolston and Holik also improve our PP and SH game and this will also help our young developing Defense as well. It also put less pressure on Bergfors and Vrana.

Lou did a very good job.

You are actually comparing Frankenstien with Kovy and Hossa.....who is the dumb one here??? Now shut the F up and get ready to eat your words come mid season.

Change your username to StatsMaster start guy. Guys like you would be fun on the ice.

LOL, you're a fvcking moron. Let me say this real simple for you, maybe you'll understand, maybe it'll come to you sometime during the middle of your season as high school hockey team stat guy.

The Thrashers were fvcking horrible. They all had bad +/-'s. You're saying he sucks because of +/-, that's the only thing you brought up.

I doubt you even saw a Thrasher game last season except when they played the Devils.

Well, if Bobby sucks because of +/-, how come Kovy and Hossa don't suck? But you're too stupid to see through what I'm saying.

Wasn't Paul Martin -8 during the playoffs or something like that, well, holy sh!t, he must suck too, let's trade him for Hal fvcking Gill. If Holik was a -14 on the Red Wings, yes, he would fvcking suck. He's in the middle of his pack for his team. That's why +/- is useless, because idiots like you have no idea how the fvcking stat works, they should stop using it.

Is this kid threatening me or something? I mean, at least say it in public.

"Statsmaster- One day that big fvcking mouth is going to get your ass in some serious sh!t. Blogging like you are some kind of tough guy shows what a fvcking pansy you truly are. NOW You need to conduct yourself with a little respect on this site....dickhead!"

"Statsmaster- One day that big fvcking mouth is going to get your ass in some serious sh!t. Blogging like you are some kind of tough guy shows what a fvcking pansy you truly are. NOW You need to conduct yourself with a little respect on this site....dickhead!"

Just looks like some Jersey lovin' to me! :)

All I can see is that scene from Beavis & Butthead where Beavis always says(in the voice):

"Are you ttthrreatening me!!!!!"

:lol:

Kid....I'm 38 a$$hole and unlike your silly ass don't like disrespecting others on this site. Therefore, I sent you a personal little message. You need to show some respect around here if you intend to receive any.

Edited by Deek_1969