I have to vent!!!

devsfansinceday1

Rolston was a superb pickup by the Devils who definitely will spark the O line.

I think everyone is going to be vastly disappointed with Holik. He's going to be an utter waste.

Holik>>>Rupp

2008-2009 Devils SIZE>>>2007-2008 Devils SIZE

Edited by ClutchDevil30

Holik>>>Rupp

2008-2009 Devils SIZE>>>2007-2008 Devils SIZE

I'll consider Holik a success if he plays the whole season and scores 12 to 15 goals and plays with the expected physicality. That's not too much to ask, I think. It's not like we're paying him $9 million a year.

Edited by Jerrydevil

I'll consider Holik a success if he plays the whole season and scores 12 to 15 goals and plays with the expected physicality.

I'll be happy if he just comes to play. Asham looked like a fvcking zombie out there. If Holik'enstien can just show up with enthusiasm, and a closed mouth I'll be blown away.

Rolston was a superb pickup by the Devils who definitely will spark the O line.

I think everyone is going to be vastly disappointed with Holik. He's going to be an utter waste.

The Devils got Holik for the playoffs. Say what you want about him getting older, the guy still wins faceoffs, throws his body around and can still be a big time agitator. We lacked some of that agitation ability from teams past (Claude....oh where are you now!) and Clarkson was just average in that role once he decided that he wants to be more of a "skill" player (did he just attempt ANOTHER wrap around?). Holik has the size we need for this role, and I think being back in NJ will revitalize him. We're only asking for a year from him for now, but I totally disagree and think we'll look back and agree that he was a huge pick up for this season. He'll be in Henrik's face every game this season and that alone will be worth price of admission!

Rolston was a no brainer. I have good friends in Vancouver and they all felt it's best he moved on as he was constantly compared to Naslund of the past. Rolston was drafted and groomed by NJ and we still play the same style of hockey. He thrives on pouncing on mistakes and loose pucks with a blistering shot and that's why he's been successful in NJ and also in Minnesota. He's about as plug and play as you could possibly wish from the FA market.

If you're a Rags fan, you should be concerned as your one and only game breaker just signed to play in Russia. I can't say you'll be disappointed in Naslund as Gomez could set up a nun to score in a Chevy, but he needs the support to be successful.

2002, I'll take Naslund. 2008, I'll take Rolston. Simple as that.

Maybe Naslund said no. Ever think of t hat? Huh? Huh?

unpossible!!!!!

The Devils are a hockey mecca and it is the eternal dream of an NHL player to come here to be bashed by this forum for the rest of their soon to be medicore years!!!!

unpossible!!!!!

The Devils are a hockey mecca and it is the eternal dream of an NHL player to come here to be bashed by this forum for the rest of their soon to be medicore years!!!!

You're right, my mistake.

Could you find it in your heart to forgive me?

So wait the original poster is mad that the Devils signed Rolston instead of Naslund. First off Rolston is a better plyer. Secondly I find it funny how he uses the Rangers signing Naslund as an example of Lou blowing it when Naslund was the Rangers backup plan for not signing Rolston.

This gets old fast. So, people are fans forever and sign up to complain *this year*? And not last year, or three years ago, where they would be 100x's as incensed? Give me a fvcking break.

I've only been a fan since Day 6205, so I won't be bitching until 2016.