schedule

martysbetter30

So it's due to come out in the next couple weeks, awesome.

I'm expecting the Devils to start off at home since they had such a long road trip last time, but I'm also half expecting them to throw us out on the road in the beginning (we've started on the road the past two seasons)

So it's due to come out in the next couple weeks, awesome.

I'm expecting the Devils to start off at home since they had such a long road trip last time, but I'm also half expecting them to throw us out on the road in the beginning (we've started on the road the past two seasons)

I'm actually hoping for a brief road trip to start, the first weekend of October is a washout for me at work and I wanna be at the home opener dammit!

I'm not positive, but I think it's 6 division games with each team (24), 4 with all other eastern conference teams (24+40=64), and some combination verus the western conference.

Here's how I remember reading it:

6 per against the division (24)

4 per inter-conference (40)

once each every team from the other conference, either home or away (15)

3 wild card games against teams from the other conference (3)

Ultimately each team gets a home & away game with three teams from the other conference, and either a home game or an away game with the remaining teams from the other conference

good, im a season ticket holder and im anxious to see.. im happy we wont have a crazy 9 game road stretch to start the season off like last year lol

Remember this is the NHL.....don't assume it won't happen. :P

I hope we start off at home against the Flyers or Pens. maybe even the Isles. I don't think the NHL would ever schedule a home opener with the Rangers in our building, that defeats the purpose of a home opener.

I hope we start off at home against the Flyers or Pens. maybe even the Isles. I don't think the NHL would ever schedule a home opener with the Rangers in our building, that defeats the purpose of a home opener.

It's been awhile since our last divisional home opener, right? As there been one since the season coming out of the lockout?

I'm predicting the pattern continues and we'll have a home opener against...I dunno, Montreal. Keep with the whole Canadian Eastern Conference teams things we've had going.

Our home opener better be our first game after the NHL made us go on that ridiculous road trip to start October.. And the year before that we started on the road too..

CMON NHL

Made us? Hmm, did you want them to play in an incomplete arena? :noclue:

It's been awhile since our last divisional home opener, right? As there been one since the season coming out of the lockout?

I'm predicting the pattern continues and we'll have a home opener against...I dunno, Montreal. Keep with the whole Canadian Eastern Conference teams things we've had going.

We opened against Pittsburgh after the lockout, the next season we opened in Carolina and last season in TB.

NHL schedule is suppose to be released in the second or third week of July. I am hearing July 15th but hope it is July 8th.

Devils will be playing their division 6 times this season and will play the WC teams and some of them home and away I believe. So Devils played Dallas at home this season so I am guessing they will play in Dallas this season although Dallas is coming to MSG this season early in the season as it was mentioned on NHL Live on the NHL Network when Avery signed with Dallas this past week.

Doesn't matter we shouldn't be starting on the road again. Thats my point.

Yah but why blame the NHL? In fact they helped us out, they could have said no, you have to play at CAA or wherever. :noclue:

Blame the Devils or whoever caused the delay in construction.

Damn, the Devils visited Dallas two seasons ago? Has it really been that long? Geez.

:wacko:

OK, let me ask this, are the Devils visiting Dallas this season? :evil:

When they were talking about the schedule on XM, they mentioned that Avery was going back to NJ and NY this year and how interesting that will be. Some Devs fan in Dallas was mad because the Devs weren't playing in Dallas this year for some reason.

Can't wait for those games, should be an interesting week whenever it is.